Quantcast Dole Whip? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dole Whip?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Love of Disney View Post
    I have never had one, but after these reviews....it is a must for my upcoming trip!!

Wow! Thanks everyone! I've been to WDW 5 times in as many years and have never had one!! Goes to prove that there is always something new to experience no matter how many times you visit! Looking forward to trying one!

Now to decide which to try first ..... the float or the whip......
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLee View Post
    I loved your picture of Princess Leia by the way! If you want to enjoy more of those Whips when you get home...Intercot..under "Info Central; Recipes" you will find the key to making them at home!!
    Thanks. DH and DS are HUGE Star Wars fans, so it was a must for my avatar.
    I'll wait to try to make one of these at home until I try the real thing at the World!!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

They are so yummy. Without a doubt my favorite snack which is surprising since I'm a chocaholic! I always get a Dole Whip float several times each trip but my parents like just the Dole Whip better. My sister finally tried one the last trip and now she likes the floats with a swirl too.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to try one!!! We are staying at the Poly Aug.11 thru 18th. Yippeeee....can't get here soon enough!!
    Julie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWhuny View Post
    I don't want to upset anyone but, the local ice cream stand in my hometown sells Dole Whips in Pineapple everyday and another fruit flavor from March 1st through Thanksgiving.

I would think they are not the only ice cream stand to sell Dole Whip. Maybe you could contact Dole?
    Hi WDWhuny! WDW is certainly not the only place that you can find Dole Whip, but it does remain a relatively difficult to find treat... All any ice cream stand needs to sell Dole Whip is a soft serve machine and the Dole Whip mix, but I don't think that a lot of places sell it because it would take one of their machines away from serving real soft-serve ice cream (the fruit-flavored whips being a lactose-free product that is neither frozen ice cream nor frozen yogurt).

If there was a lot of competition among ice cream joints in a given city, I'd think that offering Dole Whip might be good for one of the operators to offer as a little bit of differentiation...

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'll definitely be trying one on our upcoming trip. I heard everyone rave about them before our last trip, but never actually tried one. Certainly won't let that happen again this time.
    Christie

September 2007 - Pop Century

September 2009 - ASMu

September 17-24, 2011 - Off Property
    October 2014 - ???

Post Thanks / Like

Aloha Isle is where you can get them in the MK. Dole Whips -
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me for saying my fellow intercotees. But I really did not care for the Dole Whip. I think its over rated.. I guess not everyone can like the same things.. But to those of you who like the Dole Whip I say enjoy yourselves..
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]July 1996 off site
    July 2001 off site
    May 2004 AKL
    May 2005 All Star Resort Movies
    May 2006 PoP Century
    May 2007 POFQ
    June 2008 Coronado Springs Resort
    April 2010 Disney Boardwalk Inn

November 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I like the half pineapple, half vanilla Dole whip. The vanilla adds a little bit of "creamsicle" quality to it. I am torn between this and the cinnamon glazed almonds as my all-time favorite WDW snack.
    Charnabog1326

Lost count of visits to WDW since 1987
    3 visit to DL since 2008

Future Plans: retire and become a cast member!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWhuny View Post
    I don't want to upset anyone but, the local ice cream stand in my hometown sells Dole Whips in Pineapple everyday and another fruit flavor from March 1st through Thanksgiving.

I would think they are not the only ice cream stand to sell Dole Whip. Maybe you could contact Dole?
    And how far away from Cleveland would that be?

We were just in Chillicothe, Newark, and New Concord this weekend. Had a lot of fun and the weather was definitely warmer than up here!
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Dole Whip a couple of years ago. I didn't really see what all the hoopla was about, BUT, I am definitely in the minority here. I may have to try one again on my next trip to see if my taste buds have changed.

However, I would highly recommend the orange cream float at the Annandapur ice cream stand in AK! It is yummy and refreshing on a hot day!

Down to single digits now - 9 days and counting!
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried to make Dole Whip using the recipe, but with an ice cream maker?

Post Thanks / Like

I would love a Dole Whip right now!!!
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the Dole Whip with the ice cream maker. Next time I will puree the pineapple more and strain it. I go some stringy pineapple fibers in the ice cream. My DW thought it was too creamy. I did not know ice cream could be too creamy, but I'll use half light cream and half heavy cream next time.

Post Thanks / Like

I am up for the Dole Whip in 2 weeks. We have gotten the pinapple spear at the Aloha Isle last year and it was so good!
    POR April/May 2007
    POR April/May 2008
    POP April/May 2009
    POR April/May 2010!!!!!!
    POR Feb/March 2011!
    POP May 2011!!!!!!!!
    POP DEC 2012
    OFF Property May 2013
    POP NOV 2013
    CSR JAN-FEB 2014 (they upgraded us from POP)
    POP MAY 14
    I love my Pens!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cgriff View Post
    Hi WDWhuny! WDW is certainly not the only place that you can find Dole Whip, but it does remain a relatively difficult to find treat... All any ice cream stand needs to sell Dole Whip is a soft serve machine and the Dole Whip mix, but I don't think that a lot of places sell it because it would take one of their machines away from serving real soft-serve ice cream (the fruit-flavored whips being a lactose-free product that is neither frozen ice cream nor frozen yogurt).

If there was a lot of competition among ice cream joints in a given city, I'd think that offering Dole Whip might be good for one of the operators to offer as a little bit of differentiation...
    I had a Dole Whip at the Dole Plantation in Honolulu, Hawaii, three weeks ago! It didn't even occur to me that the plantation would have Dole Whips. I had only ever had Dole Whips at WDW which I always thought were only at Disney. You could also get a Dole Whip in the food court at the International Marketplace in Waikiki Beach at an ice cream stand selling Dole products.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

I love the half dole whip/half vanilla! Yum...only they don't have sprinkles anymore. We were told they found them too messy but not sure that is the real reason. I actually have a little container of disney sprinkles that I keep in my purse for my grandson. Now I also use them for us on our dole whips!
    șoș figgie șoș - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdventurerKim View Post
    I had a Dole Whip at the Dole Plantation in Honolulu, Hawaii, three weeks ago! It didn't even occur to me that the plantation would have Dole Whips. I had only ever had Dole Whips at WDW which I always thought were only at Disney. You could also get a Dole Whip in the food court at the International Marketplace in Waikiki Beach at an ice cream stand selling Dole products.
    We had one at the Dole Plantation too! We were there about a week and a half ago, and was so glad I tried one. I'm not a big pineapple fan and was worried I wouldn't like it, but it was delicious!!

Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: