Quantcast How many ADRs do you make when you stay Poly club level?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question How many ADRs do you make when you stay Poly club level?

We'll be leaving in 2 weeks and I have a nagging feeling like I should make more ADRs. We'll be there Monday - Saturday and here is what I have booked:

Hoop De Doo arrival night.
    50's Prime Time for Lunch on Tues
    Crystal Palace breakfast on Wed (our B-Day celebration)
    Fulton's dinner Thurs.
    Nothing Fri or Saturday (departure 11 am)

Like I said I have the feeling that I need more but I just can't make a decision about where to eat. I was leaning toward just filling in at CS restaurants. I'm not so sure I'll even be able to get more ADRs so close & since it'll be busy. What are your thoughts? Need some
    ~~~~~~Stephanie~~~~~~

December 3-7, 2010 Poly LVC
    April 13-18, 2009 Poly LVC
    Feb 8-11, 2008 Poly LVC
    March 07 - Poly LVC
    December 06 - Poly LVC
    October 05 - CR
    June 04 - Grosvenors
    March 02 - Off Site
    November 00 - CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to Tikimans site. He has the scheduled menu of lounge offerings in the evening. They offer a set menu for each day of the week. We always stay club level at the Poly and find that we make too many ADR's. You can very easily make a meal out of most nights in the lounge. Not a huge meal, mind you, but enough. And its good. Very good. So check out the days you might be thinking you need an ADR, see what they are offering in the lounge in the evenings, and take it from there. We decided last trip (3 wks ago)..that we truely love making a meal of the evening offerings, and enjoying them on our patio. We will not make as many ADR's in the future. Some of our past evenings have been spent having our dinner out of the lounge.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

We usually have 3 dinner ADRs for the places that we like. Although you can make a dinner at the lounge, its really not intended for that and won't match what you can get at a TS or even many CS locations. For the 4 nights we don't have ADRs we usually end up at places like Tangerine Cafe which has almost dinner size platters.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

You could try and get Kona Cafe for Friday. Especially since you are staying at the Poly. You might be lucky and get a resssie there. If you find that you don't need the extra TS then you can just cancel.
    Princess 1 - 19yo
    Princess 2 - 12 yo (my baby is growing up)
    Poor Dad is out numbered! Even our dog is a female!
    Missing my happy place so much.

6/09,8/07,2/02,11/99 - Poly
    prev trips - Dixie Landings & CR
    Read my trip report for August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We have not done the Poly Club Level, but we do occasionally enjoy the AKL Club Level. I believe the offerings are somewhat similar at both (drinks, snacks, desserts, etc), be it one with a Polynesian theme and one African. But when we stay Club level, we will definitely make less ADRs for table service meals. With the food available through the concierge, we will usually only plan a bigger TS meal every other night, or perhaps 2 out of 3 nights. On the other nights, we take advantage of the concierge food and drinks - which you will be paying for anyway - or we'll do something less formal (like a CS). Sometimes it's nice to eat a little less and enjoy some down time in a more relaxed environment like a resort concierge.

With Hoop-Dee-Doo, you'll be getting plenty of food. Fulton's will be a big meal, too. For us, that would be a good schedule in conjunction with the concierge. Hope that helps.... Have a great trip.

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Well my neighbor this is my big issue now, we can't deicide whether or not to do the DDP or not this year. I just hate the fact we have to go back to the resort to eat dinner here and there, we usually eat breakfast there everyday but our last day that's Ohana's. I made 5 dinner ADR's for 7 nights, I never make one for the first night for whatever reason--I figure no one can sit still that day I think one ADR is a lunch since dd loves playhouse disney, and 2 are 2 credit meals if we do the DDP--so I'm lost trying to decide for 6 adults right now--pressure. Maybe make one more to have in your back pocket, we did like Kona last year, and GF Cafe is good also.
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget you can always wake up on a particular day and just call around to see which places have an opening. There is ALWAYS a table available at least somewhere on property. I know that's probably blasphemy to the super-planners on the board, but it can be a fun way to end up somewhere you might not otherwise try.

Post Thanks / Like

We usuallyl eat breakfast in the lounge and the do an ADR for lunch. We eat big at lunch and then snack in the evenings. Some nights we would get something at a CS and split it. For a eight day stay I think we only did 2 evening ADR's, otherwise we did lunch for every day.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Tikimans site is gone

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    Go to Tikimans site. He has the scheduled menu of lounge offerings in the evening. They offer a set menu for each day of the week. We always stay club level at the Poly and find that we make too many ADR's. You can very easily make a meal out of most nights in the lounge. Not a huge meal, mind you, but enough. And its good. Very good. So check out the days you might be thinking you need an ADR, see what they are offering in the lounge in the evenings, and take it from there. We decided last trip (3 wks ago)..that we truely love making a meal of the evening offerings, and enjoying them on our patio. We will not make as many ADR's in the future. Some of our past evenings have been spent having our dinner out of the lounge.
    Unfortunatly the TIkimans site closed down at the end of March the only thing left is the home page thanking you for 10 years and a link to the tikifest 2009, unsure if this is going to be the last one
    Two Tiny Wings,
    Eyes BIG and Yellow,Horns of a Steer,
    But a lovable Fellow! From Head to Tail,
    He's a Royal Purple Pigment And then Voila!
    You got a Figment
    The Dreamfinder

Dixie Landings-1997
    ASMo-2001
    All Star Sports-2008
    ASMu Family Suites-2009
    Beach Club-2011
    ASMo 2013