Quantcast Disney's Animal Kingdom Launches "Picnic in the Park" - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney's Animal Kingdom Launches "Picnic in the Park"

This sounds like a fun option that will work for some. I love AKP and just hanging around...walking...sitting and relaxing there. This might be something our family would enjoy. I also agree that I might be inclined to pick up the picnic food on the way out of the park on some occasions. The pics are great and thanks for posting. It looks like the meal comes in the recyclable shopping bag I picked up on my last trip. This is a bonus as I like these bags and use them at the market. To each his own but seems to me this is a viable option and something different for people to try who are so inclined.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this idea. I know it could be hard to find a table, but I think we'd manage to find somewhere to sit and eat. It's a nice alternative to the same old burgers and chicken fingers if you don't have a TS ADR. And I think the price is pretty good - I'd probably go OOP and save my credits.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be a party of 9 trying this out. I m excited- I love picnics. Plus as everyone has said it's not a burger!!! A double plus. And my 3rd plus is I have just started to eat a little healthier and this will help.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like this idea! I think we'll probably try it out next time we go. :-)
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

I think the idea is great in theory, but I'm not a big fan of walking around with food, especially salads and coleslaw for 30-45 minutes in June-August heat. Can you say food poisoning??
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Actually I think will be more popular in the cooler months. I agree with others, I don't see myself eating at a Picnic Table when it's 95 degrees and 100% humidity
    Sweat mixed with food!

I am with you.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

I believe there was a meeting to discuss AK dining options and they probably said, "People don't think there are enough food options here in AK.What can we do here that we don't do in other parks?" That is it. I highly doubt there is a conspiracy theory. Someone probably said, "when my family goes to the zoo, we take a picnic." "Brilliant! Let's do a picnic. It will stop people from bringing in picnics, we wont have to build buildings to house people, and we can sell to those who just want to change it up a bit!" I think that is probably it.
    Now, do I like the idea. The "idea" in theory is good, however, I don't like their menu. For a counter service, you are typically given a pretty good option for a dessert and those are the places we stick to. I don't want to go somewhere where my dessert is a rice crispy treat or fruit. I want cake, cheesecake, mousse; something I wouldn't normally buy or have in the kitchen at home.
    I do feel like the menu amounts and pricing are quite a bit different than a normal counter service. Most CS, we feel, give us way too much food for the entire family to all eat our meals, but here I feel like there isn't quite enough to go around. I also agree with eating in the sun. That makes me and my children sick and I won't do that. We take that break to eat inside so we can rest from the sun and not get sun poisoning. But I think for some people this may be a great new option, if they want to try lunch a different way.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD