Quantcast A Tribute to a Pirate and a Friend - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, I read about it, felt really bad, but it didn't really hit me what has happened. Now I read through Joe's posts, watched patti and Joe's videos, and I realize how much LDE did affect me in my life and how important she was to the community. You will be missed.

And if this quote from Joe doesn't define missing VMK, I don't know what does (Read the red line)

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBoyJoe View Post
    Her "storage" alt was DanceDanceRin, which I couldn't find a pic of, but she was dressed in the pink cap/shirt outfit in on of LDE's pics.
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We were very sad to hear the news of Little Dragon Erin's passing. I remember her very well from VMK as does my daughter. She was always very nice. Its amazing how heavy my heart feels for someone only know from an online game. I hope her family finds peace.
    Little Ms Attitude
    Pink Snow Princess
    1972-1990 Various WDW trips.
    10/94 - Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    01/97 - Contemporary
    10/02 - Nicoles 1st trip - Animal Kingdom
    12/03, 12/04 , 11/05, 11/06, 11/07 - Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

I cant say how shocked and at a loss for words I am right now. Erin was such an amazing person, with so much determination. I will always remember her sense of humor, and all of the shows that she would put on for all of VMK. Erin, we all love you.

Thoughts and prayers
    VMK Name: DidneyWDWkm (AKA Did) then it changed to Didney_km
    Next Trip to Disney: December! Hopefuly its not as cold as last time...

Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my...I just dont know what to say. I came across this post by accident and I am so saddened to hear this terrible news! I am wiping away the tears as I try to type. Erin will be in my prayers. I remember talking to her a while back, she was in NY for a film and wanted to try and meet the area VMKers but it didnt work out. She was such a sweet girl. I thank God that she really did live each day to its fullest. This post probably doesnt make sense since I am so shocked I'm sorry. Joe, I am sorry for your loss and if you can, please tell her family that she is in our prayers!
    ~~Allison~~ °O°
    Snarky will miss VMK!!!

Happy DVC BWV owner since 1998!!
    PoTC: Rusty Saber, a Proud Seafury!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody and I've passed all this on to her family.

It really amazes me how "big" she was. I've been going to the various VMK forums and many people who played pretty much stopped posting and interacting. But she touched so many of these people, and familiar faces have popped up again. I'm beside myself how much influence she had on the VMK community.
    -MonkeyBoyJoe
    "So no pirates means no swag and no swag means no grog. And we're getting dangerously low on grog." [Monkey Island]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile A Tribute to a Pirate and a Friend

I guess we never know who a person is till that person is gone and we see how many lives that person has touched and cared about. She had so many friends on vmk. We ought to make a vmk memorial thing for her.
    VMK Title Alpharanda
    small worlds Miressa randie.

Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust and prayers to Joe and all of Erin's family and friends. She will be missed and remembered.
    Gina a.k.a. cheshirecollector
    VMK name: Venetia

Next Trip: TBA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randypandy View Post
    I guess we never know who a person is till that person is gone and we see how many lives that person has touched and cared about. She had so many friends on vmk. We ought to make a vmk memorial thing for her.
    Maybe our Little Dragon Angel could be the persuasive voice that would get Disney Online to resurrect VMK!!
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile A Tribute to a Pirate and a Friend

It would be nice if that were to happen but would Disney listen to us on that? I would love it if LDE were one of the reasons why Disney brought back VMK.
    VMK Title Alpharanda
    small worlds Miressa randie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by varcity View Post
    And if this quote from Joe doesn't define missing VMK, I don't know what does (Read the red line)
    I wrote up a tribute on a couple other forums and I realized I did that several times as well as "to" instead of "two". VMK instincts die hard. :P
    -MonkeyBoyJoe
    "So no pirates means no swag and no swag means no grog. And we're getting dangerously low on grog." [Monkey Island]

Post Thanks / Like

Once upon a time, a little girl had a dream to live in a better world and to make those lives she came across better by it. In her world, she saw the impossible as possible. She was an entertainer, yet she was humble. Her success was measured not by trophies or accolades, by the smiles she shaped on the faces of those around her. Her personal greatness was nothing compared to the joy she placed in others. She valued life, and knew each moment was as precious as the last or the next. She lived life on the edge, knowing no matter what, we are all destined to meet an end at some point. She held nothing back, always pushing, always reaching. She lived what others only dreamed.

And in the virtual world, it was no different. She seized every moment. Every opportunity. She learned. She taught. She inspired. And she was truly a friend to many. How fitting that the virtual world she was most remembered in was Disney's VMK. "It's kind of fun to do the impossible," Walt Disney once said. And she did that occassion after occassion.

We never truly know how far the ripples of our actions reach. And she never believed in coincidence. A year since its closing, many who have gone off their seperate ways have returned with the news of her passing. Reading through the various forums, having received many messages of support, it's clear, that her ripples stretched far and wide. Even in her absense, she can still inspire. A community can be judged by how much it cares for its members. She loved this community dearly, and it's clear, she was loved in turn.

Erin, I can only hope you're looking down on this with a smile on your face. You lived your dream and made the world around you better. The joy and fun you inspired will never be forgotten. I love you and await the day we meet again...my dear friend and sister.

-Tanya (VMK: Katanya)
    This was posted earlier and I reposted in a more suitable manner.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in shock and so sad to hear this. I don't know if you remember me, but jeremyv (my hubby now) and I (Sebou) were in Team Believe with you(monkeyboyjoe) and LDE.
    Before I knew her, I felt intimidated by Erin's mad gaming skills lol, but once I got to know her she was such a sweetheart and not intimidating at all. I felt priviledged to be on that team with you guys! It was such a fun time and I miss VMK and ALL of you so much!!
    February 4-11 AoA
    October 13-20 2012 CBR
    November 7-13 2010 Pop
    November 3-10 2009 Polynesian
    September 19-26 2008, CBR Honeymoon
    May 11-18 2007, CBR engaged <3
    April/May 2006, OKW
    July 2004, All Star Movies
    June 1981, Sheraton World
    June 1976 somwhere offsite[/CENTER]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: