Quantcast Any fans of Mission Space? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a great ride, but as others have said, be sure to follow the directions and keep your eyes focused on the screen....this keeps what you see in sync with what you feel...which prevents and
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never tried it as i'm not sure how I will do on it.
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

Default 55 and love it

I am a Nana of eight and I love it, so go for it. It is great!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, glad to hear some positive responses! I'm a little nervous about trying it because I'm pretty new to the thrill ride scene, but it's something I really would like to try!

Post Thanks / Like

I always ride the spin version of MS. My kids and I are pushing the buttons like crazy before the launch. Once the G's push me back into the seat I can't keep going crazy like the kids. I just focus on my breathing and the view screen.

There is NO spinning feel, I still don't know which direction the ride spins. After the ride I always need to go sit down in the Mission Control area for about 5-10 minutes. Then starting to walk and get moving again and I am ok.

I started on this ride before the no-spin existed and I can't bring myself to waste the time on the no-spin. The rush of the launch is worth the temporary weird feeling afterward.

I do not like heights and will not ride Splash Mountain. I occasionally ride Space Mountain (too bumpy) or once Expedition Everest (dislike backwards).

I love ST, RRC and BTMR, but will not go on most roller coasters.

Hope this helps anyone scared to ride. First post here.

Post Thanks / Like

Vetman, congrats on the first post.

We love MS. In fact we do it a couple times in a row if possible. Except for my DW who has troubles with inner ear sometimes. But come November we maybe can talk her into the non-spinning side.

ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

Post Thanks / Like

Since many people do not like spinning rides, they automatically avoid Mission Space.

But I want to state for the record for those who have never ridden, if you were not told beforehand that it spins, you would never know.

You are in a completely enclosed ride vehicle, surrounded on all sides, top and bottom. You cannot "see" the spinning by looking to your side or up or down. There are no windows.

The vehicles spin in a circle like a centrifuge to create a G-Force on the people in the vehicles. You don't experience the sensation of spinning, you experience the feeling of being pushed back into your seat.

For legal reasons, Disney states up front that the vehicles spin, but unfortunately, it prevents many from riding.

Like most thrill rides at WDW (TOT, SPLASH, etc)- the ride itself turns out much tamer than the fear many create by observing it and researching it beforehand.
    Please stand clear of the doors. __________________________________________________ Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the "full" version. Half of us ride the orange, the other half ride the green. Personally, the tea cups hit me harder than this ride.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

I love this ride, my problem is claustrophobia. I have to psych myself out to get on. DW has a problem of motion sickness on some rides like this. She is going to try ginger root and see how it works for her. We’ll try it out on a ride like AO first and see how she does. Last time she was a mess for over an hour before we could go on with our day.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I rode the "regular" version I enjoyed it,but the take off was very intense...right up to the point of too much for me,but not quite.The second time I rode it (shortly there after,the same day) I did not enjoy it at all. When we went a couple of weeks ago I rode the mild version and really enjoyed it.Still fun but not too intense.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the pressure that it puts on you. I have heard if you look straight ahead and keep your eyes open, it's not so nauseating.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: