Quantcast Disneyland Paris: trip report part five

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disneyland Paris: trip report part five

On Saturday, our fifth day in Paris, we went first to Disney Studios.

It was raining lightly, spitting mostly, but we didn't let it get us down.

Hollywood Studios is pretty much like MGM Studios, but much smaller. It opened in 2001, nine years after the first park.

Our first ride was Rockin' Roller Coaster.

WARNING!!!!

PEOPLE SMOKE IN LINES!!!

Yes, it's true. They blatantly smoke in the lines when it's CLEARLY posted everywhere that it isn't allowed.

It's disgusting, for one thing, and the cast members do nothing to stop it. To be fair, I did see one cast member tell someone not to be smoking, and they put out their fag. But that was only once. :/

It's the same as in MGM, although there is no story... the part where you enter the recording studio and see the bad going to their show is cut, and you only see the band fiddling with a model of the ride.

The Ride itself is the same, except with no signs flying past you. It's pretty much dark.

Our next ride was Crush's coaster.

The carts are a big turtle shell with two seats, side-by-side and back-to-back with two other seats. Each "shell" holds four people.

The coaster goes very fast, and you literally "fly". It's a long wait time, too. It's one of the more popular rides, and ride times were 100 minutes when we were there.

IN the Hollywood studios, they have a stunt spectacular thingy on how the special effects of the movie Armageddon are done. It's short and very cheesy, and not worth the time, but we did it anyway because we didn't know. :/

Anyway, we were a bit tired so we stopped to watch the stage show "Animagique," which we thought - incorrectly - would be something neat to see.

Instead, it's a collection of Disney obscure characters prancing around shouting "Animagique!" for 30 minutes. There was Baloo, Louie, Flounder, Donald and Mickey on stage. what a group!

Talk about characters! If you want to see your favorite characters, Paris is the place to go! They have all the obscure characters you don't find in the USA. I saw The Mute guy from Pinocchio. Gepetto. Flounder, King Louie, Prince John, Sir Hiss, Kaa, Baghera, Bernard, Cody (!), Uncle Scrooge, and of all characters, CLARA COWBELL! (Didn't she vanish in the 30's???) and several others.

WOW!

I must say that I was as happy as ever in DLP because I've found more Chip and Dale Merch there than at either park in the US. I was able to grab SEVEN plushes and seven or eight kitchen utensils with them on them. wooot!

Nevertheless, we pressed on.

We were going to see the Lights motors action show. but since we had already seen it in Florida, we decided not to waste time and see it again.

The Tower of Terror is a new attraction at the park having recently opened.

It's the same as in DL, as it just goes up and down. It isn't random like in WDW.

Nevertheless, it was as fun as always, and we had a screamer on board with us this time!

Unfortunately, she sat next to me. Fortunately, she grabbed me tightly!

As I said, the park is small, and we were done by noon. So we left for Disneyland again.

We took to our favorite rides: The Phantom Manor, Pirates, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and Big Thunder.

It was raining heavier than before, but we still braved the rain.

We toured Sleeping Beauty Castle, and shopped. A lot.

We even met some fellow Canadians, too!

We grabbed a quick snack, and went on one more trip about the SS Pirates of the Caribbean, and then, as the skys opened up and let loose a torrential flood, we decided to head for home as there was no point in staying in the rain.

So that concluded our last full day in Paris.
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow, I don't feel compelled to visit the Paris parks anytime soon . . . or ever. It's been a long time since I've been to France, but other locations would call to me before I would venture again to France. People smoking in line would irritate me no end; I don't think I want to wind up in a Parisian jail because of a fight with a homeboy.
    2014: BC; 2013: CS; 2012: POR, Dolphin; 2011: Hilton, Dolphin; 2010: POFQ, CSR; 2009: POFQ; 2008: HoJo DL, Royal Plaza; 2007: Saratoga; 2006: POP, BV, CSR; 2005: AS-Mu, Off-site, POFQ; 2004: POFQ, AS-Mo; 2003: CSR, AS-Mo, Royal Plaza; 2002: AS-Mu; AS-Mu, CBR, Off-site; 2001: WL; 2000: Landings/Magic

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely LOVED reading your report. France is at the top of my list of places I would like to visit and I clearly wouldn't be able to go there without spending some time at Disneyland Paris Although, some aspects of the park seem disappointing it would still be a fun experience!
    * Yacht Club * Pop Century * WDW Dolphin * Beach Club * Port Orleans French Quarter * Old Key West *

Next trip:
    November 2013 Caribbean Beach Resort - Wine and Dine Half Marathon

February 2014 Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your report and for the heads up about some aspects I would not have thought about - such as folks smoking wherever they wished to.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dream6 View Post
    I absolutely LOVED reading your report.

It was abslutly amazing! You have to go at least once in your life!

I'm glad you liked my report... it's not over yet!

Yes there are some thing about the parks that may not appeal to Americans or North Americans; it is a VERY european feel.

But it's worth it if you love Disney! And if you want to see certain characters...
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I have been enjoying these!

I want a Crush's Coaster here in Florida...awesome ride!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you!! I'm very much enjoying my little mini-trip to Paris right now haha
    <3 Robin

Prince Charming: It's offical. I've lost my mind. First I'm hijacked by bluebirds and now I'm talking to ...imaginary mice.

King: I do trust you son.... It's the talking mice I'm worried about...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: