Quantcast Pirate makeover coming to Magic Kingdom in June

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Pirate makeover coming to Magic Kingdom in June

The Pirates League sets sail in Magic Kingdom June 29

Walt Disney World Resort Press Release
    April 27, 2009

Calling all scoundrels, rogues and ne’er-do-wells – Captain Jack and the crew of the Black Pearl want YOU. Starting in late June, the Pearl drops anchor in Adventureland for The Pirates League, recruiting and training park guests of all ages in the scurrilous ways of buccaneers. Each guest checking in at the plunder-filled recruitment office gets an official pirate name. Next step is the Muster Station where – after applications of beards and eye patches, scarves and scars, earrings and gold teeth – the new recruits leave their old identities behind. Past a hidden portal and into the treasure cache, the new shipmates speak the pirate oath and have their official “pirate portrait” taken before being turned loose on an unsuspecting Adventureland – and no doubt feeling right at home at the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. Boys, girls and grownups ready for the pirate life start the process by calling 407/WDW-CREW beginning May 11. Packages start at $49.95 plus tax.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Yo ho: Pirate makeover coming to Magic Kingdom in June

by Dewayne Bevil
    Orlando Sentinel's Theme Park Rangers
    April 23, 2009

The new Pirates League will try to do for buccaneers what the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has done for little princesses at Disney World.

The attraction, which will open at Magic Kingdom theme park June 29, will perform swashbuckling makeovers. Participants will receive pirate names before receiving a variety of accessories, including beards, eye patches, scarves, scars, earrings and gold teeth. These will be applied by a "veteran pirate" with sea-sailing tales.

After taking a sacred oath and an official portrait, guests will be part of Jack Sparrow's gang.
    There will be three pirate packages.

+ First Mate Package ($49.95): bandana, choice of facial effects, sword and sheath, pirate coin necklace, 5x7 photo and a "personalized pirate oath."

+ Empress Package ($49.95): bandana, "shimmering" makeup, sword and sheath, pirate coin necklace, 5x7 photo and a "personalized pirate oath."

+ Captains Package ($124.95): choice of costume, facial effects, sword and sheath, pirate coin necklace, three 5x7 photos and the personalized oath.

The League will be located in the area between the entrance to the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and the Pirates Merchandise shop. (Disney says this is currently backstage territory.)

But hang tight, mateys: Reservations cannot be made until May 11.

Concept Art:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is awesome news! My 2 ds's have always done the cool dude pkg at the castle, now I'm going to make ressies for my sons and my dh at our 90 day mark for our trip in September. Yay!!!
    Disneyland Jun 01'
    ASM Jan 04'
    PC Jan 05'
    PC Jan 07'
    PC Jan 08'
    PC Jan 09'
    POR Sept 09'
    Disneyland July 10'
    POR Sept 11'
    Disneyland July 12'
    POR Nov 13'
    Disneyland 14'
    POR Jan 15'
    POR July 17'
    Disneyland July 17'
    Disneyland Paris Mar 19'
    Disneyland July 19'
    PC Sept 19'

Post Thanks / Like

I think my DD will love this. she has always liked doing BBB but is kind of not into the girly thing anymore so wasn't sure she wanted to do it again. I can totally see her wanting to get a pirate makeover.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody brillant. My Ds5 will love to do this. I will definately be making reservations for this.

Post Thanks / Like

Now all they need is a pirate meal for the boys to go to after their makeover!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, my Nephew is going to flip...
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooo... We're going to be there for my two youngest birthday! Birthday present in the making!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Package

Captains Package ($124.95) - Shiver me timbers!

Post Thanks / Like

My DD really wanted to do BBB when we go for Christmas and I have been trying to talk her out of it because she has done it every year. But now both her and my DS can go and get in there Pirate garb at the same time. I agree we do need a Pirate dinner after. Or bring back P&P party!
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    Captains Package ($124.95) - Shiver me timbers!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

This is so cool! It really does balance out the BBB!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this could be a sign that the P & P Party may return in the future? A pirate meal would be amazing, but not just for the males in a family! I would love it to!
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Well, another money sink for the WDW guest. LIke the BBB, this is something that is fleeting. A child will beg and plead long enough for the parents to shell out, what I think, is a large amount of money for a "make-over" that will be gone after the first rainstorm, water ride or bath.

Save your money for something that is tangible and is more than a photo opportunity.

Please don't tell me, "it's Disney" and "Let them have some of the magic" or whatever. The amount I have to spend to get down there and give them the chance to enter the parks is giving them a much magic as they need. Another $50 to $125 is a meal at a good restaurant.

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE it! I just wish they had opened it when we were there with DS in Feb .

It is a lot of money, but I don't mind spending it on my kids once every few years. I'm sure for most parents the memories will be worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom
    YES!!! Maybe this means Disney is listening and may add more things that are a little more "boy" oriented. My DD would love this too, but DS would be over the moon!
    °O° Cassandra °O°

Beach Club 4/07
    Caribbean Beach 2/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    Well, another money sink for the WDW guest. LIke the BBB, this is something that is fleeting. A child will beg and plead long enough for the parents to shell out, what I think, is a large amount of money for a "make-over" that will be gone after the first rainstorm, water ride or bath.

Save your money for something that is tangible and is more than a photo opportunity.

Please don't tell me, "it's Disney" and "Let them have some of the magic" or whatever. The amount I have to spend to get down there and give them the chance to enter the parks is giving them a much magic as they need. Another $50 to $125 is a meal at a good restaurant.
    Umm, last I checked no one said you are under any obligation to do this. If you don't think it's worth the money then by all means don't do it. But its a great thing for those little boys (or girls) who want to and their parent's don't mind. I for one have no problem in letting my sons do this if its something they wants to do. Just like daddy spends money to play golf sometimes while we are there, and mommy may go to a spa one day while on vacation. Its there for those who want that extra something while on vacation.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I never said it was an obligation. I said it was a money sink. I love playing golf also but I won't spend the extraordinary amount of money to play golf at Disney.

But the different between golf and BBB or the pirate thing is Disney knows if a little boy or little girl wants to do this, a child is going to whine, beg and complain until the parent gives in to it.

To be honest, from a business standpoint, I am all for it. Anything to help a guest part with their money. They know, since most parents today have forgotten what it means to say "no" to their kids, they will fork over the money. More in their coffers. Couple that with the useless ride photos and that is just free money.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I would rather eat at Pecos Bill's and have the photo op pictures to scrapbook than eat at a sit-down restaurant. To each his own.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I never said it was an obligation. I said it was a money sink. I love playing golf also but I won't spend the extraordinary amount of money to play golf at Disney.

But the different between golf and BBB or the pirate thing is Disney knows if a little boy or little girl wants to do this, a child is going to whine, beg and complain until the parent gives in to it.

To be honest, from a business standpoint, I am all for it. Anything to help a guest part with their money. They know, since most parents today have forgotten what it means to say "no" to their kids, they will fork over the money. More in their coffers. Couple that with the useless ride photos and that is just free money.
    Sorry, but my kid wont have to whine and cry until he gets it. He has loved pirates for years and if this is something he wants to do for some fun on vacation I will gladly give it to him. It being a money sink is your opinion I guess..I think the money is well worth my sons happiness and memories. We also bought the ride photos the first time we rode things..We still look back on those pictures and laugh and reminice about the trip..again, worth it to me.

pogo Guest

Different strokes for different folks !

It's all good...... no problem in stating your opinion as long as you do it with love !

I wouldn't spend the money for it either, but then again..... my son is 35 and if he wants it.... he can pay for it !

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: