Quantcast WDW Resort Now on the iPhone & iPod touch - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LarryBoy View Post
    I guess my question is, would this be of any use to us Intercotees who are WDW veterans, and know the parks like the back of our hand?
    True. But I would check it out if they could:
    1. Implement live wait times for rides along w/ FP wait & availability

2. Include show & entertainment times. Also include audible reminders for shows you choose. Say you're in Epcot and you want to see the Jamators. Select a time listed and you'll be reminded 30 mins before to give you time to get there. Sure you can just set a reminder in the phone itself but it's more convenient to do it all in one app.

3. Character locations along with who's currently at the locations. Good for when you're a good distance from the Sorcerers Hat in DHS and want to know what characters are there without walking there only to find out they're one's you've seen or they're gone already.

4. Virtual Pal Mickey

5. The ability to retrieve your info from Disney's system such as ADR's, current total $$ charged to your KTTW, remaining credits for DDP users, etc.

6. The ability to view your Photo Pass pictures without it effecting the time you have to view them online at home. Maybe even include the ability to purchase pictures to be picked up.

7. Random trivia. Be the first to answer correctly and win a prize that you can pick up at guest services.

8. Make a Palm OS version
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTY View Post
    True. But I would check it out if they could:
    1. Implement live wait times for rides along w/ FP wait & availability

2. Include show & entertainment times. Also include audible reminders for shows you choose. Say you're in Epcot and you want to see the Jamators. Select a time listed and you'll be reminded 30 mins before to give you time to get there. Sure you can just set a reminder in the phone itself but it's more convenient to do it all in one app.

3. Character locations along with who's currently at the locations. Good for when you're a good distance from the Sorcerers Hat in DHS and want to know what characters are there without walking there only to find out they're one's you've seen or they're gone already.

4. Virtual Pal Mickey

5. The ability to retrieve your info from Disney's system such as ADR's, current total $$ charged to your KTTW, remaining credits for DDP users, etc.

6. The ability to view your Photo Pass pictures without it effecting the time you have to view them online at home. Maybe even include the ability to purchase pictures to be picked up.

7. Random trivia. Be the first to answer correctly and win a prize that you can pick up at guest services.

I'd be the first to sign up if it did all those things, or even it it just did number 1. It sounds like none of this could happen unless Disney puts out something like this themselves.
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed there is an App for "Disneyland" that operates as a community and each time they cross off an attraction off their to visit list, they can provide, anonymously, the wait time for that attraction.. The idea is, as more people join the more wait times there will be available. It also has a host of other features, including trip reports on the fly you can email, where you parked your car (GPS),schedules for events, maps, list of must visits,reminders for items on your calendar, etc..
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Apparently, not everyone thinks the app is that great. This was in today's Orlando Sentinel:

Don't rely on this iPhone app to guide you through Disney
    posted by Kristin Ford on May 6, 2009 12:24:51 AM

It seems like there's an iPhone iApp for everything, and that now includes Walt Disney World. iPhone users (or those with an iPod touch) can download "Walt Disney World Guide" Notescast, which is a vacation guide for the theme parks.

My husband was excited to discover Notescast (from TimeStream Software and found at the iTunes store) when it was released a couple weeks ago, thinking it might help entertain the kids in some long theme-park lines this summer. However, the application is heavy on descriptions rather than tips and suggestions.

If you've never been to Disney, this application could help you look like you know what you're doing. Bonus for the rest of us when you don't stop short on Main Street with a stroller and extended family to study a map.

But the app just isn't timely or particularly helpful for repeat visitors. The "How to Plan Your Vacation" menu includes selecting a resort, choosing a ticket plan, making dining reservations and making resort reservations. I don't know anyone, though, who would book a hotel without photos and prices. Forget trying to compare ticket plans; if you have Internet access, you're better off studying the chart at Allears.net.

Some of the info is downright outdated: When was the last time you saw the busload of Disney characters travel through Epcot or when did you take in Body Wars? And it's been more than a year since single strollers cost $10 a day to rent at any of the parks. Some of the info was laughable: Give your kids a disposable camera to take photos. That would cost an arm and a leg for the film and developing compared with using digital photography. Also, cast members are happy to answer questions. Um, really?

I had hoped the Hidden Mickeys Tours category would offer something to salvage the iApp, but I was again disappointed. Notescast describes each hidden Mickey instead of giving clues so you can find it for yourself.

Perhaps the most redeeming part of this iApp is its price: 99 cents. And the only "secret" you will discover is that your wallet is a dollar lighter.

Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

As a developer on the Walt Disney World Notescast for the iPhone, I have to admit I'm disappointed by the tone and content of that article, and I wish she had made a phone call to us as part of her research.

Yes, she is right in that it is "heavy on descriptions", but at over 200 pages, we purposely made the extra effort to ensure it was, as we felt it would short-change guests if we described BTM with just a sentence or two.

I will also admit the author is right in that it may not be helpful for repeat visitors or those extremely familiar with WDW, but again we purposely developed the title for the audience who would need and want a guidebook, that being those who are new to WDW, visit infrequently or don't live nearby. Yeah, it always makes me feel that much older, but there are probably at least 10,000 guests a day who are seeing WDW for the very first time.

Personally, I love all the tips in the Notescast, and based upon the product registration comments we receive, I'm not alone. I love the idea of giving kids a disposable camera and seeing the parks from their perspective, and they will love having their own photo album with their own photos once they're back home. I can't say I would give a 6 year old a digital camera and send them off to BTM, but the author may certainly do as she wishes.

Aside from disagreeing with her comment about CMs, who I have always found to be helpful, I will leave it at that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTY View Post
    Ditto!
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post

Search the parks individually to find the maps in the App store.

[I]Sorry had the wrong name it's www.upinpoint.com[/]
    I can't seem to find any maps in the app store and the links in the website above seem to be broken. Has anyone downloaded these recently? And how did you find them?
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Darn it. I do not have an iPhone. I have to now get myself a new iPod Touch
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyQuestBe View Post
    As a developer on the Walt Disney World Notescast for the iPhone, I have to admit I'm disappointed by the tone and content of that article, and I wish she had made a phone call to us as part of her research.

Yes, she is right in that it is "heavy on descriptions", but at over 200 pages, we purposely made the extra effort to ensure it was, as we felt it would short-change guests if we described BTM with just a sentence or two.
    I have not had any time to really check the WDW Notecast Guide app out as I only downloaded it after it was posted here.. and I have no life after work right now, but I will certainly try to look at it in the near future. I have had the WDW Secrets Notecast for a few months and find it would be very entertaining for a new Disney fan. I'm certain kids would enjoy it on the plane ride to WDW or in a queue to pass time. I have a friend who has the Secrets Apps for her next WDW trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen2006 View Post
    I can't seem to find any maps in the app store and the links in the website above seem to be broken. Has anyone downloaded these recently? And how did you find them?
    Interesting, they have changed the web site.
    You can try here WDW Map Box but it is now saying it's not available to download in Canada.. so, I'm not sure if it's working. They must be making changes as it is not showing up in the app store. The maps did update on my iPhone a couple of days ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed there is an App for "Disneyland" that operates as a community and each time they cross off an attraction off their to visit list, they can provide, anonymously, the wait time for that attraction.. The idea is, as more people join the more wait times there will be available. It also has a host of other features, including trip reports on the fly you can email, where you parked your car (GPS),schedules for events, maps, list of must visits,reminders for items on your calendar, etc..
    My DS has an itouch. We are going to Disneyland for our first visit in Aug. How would we go about getting this Disneyland app? I am clueless on how this stuff is done.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Just visit iTunes and do a search for "Disneyland" (or "Walt Disney World" or "Hidden Mickeys" or whatever) and then you'll be shown a variety of categories related to Disneyland, such as Disneyland music, Disneyland podcasts, etc. Choose the "Applications" category, and you'll find all the iPhone and iPod touch apps related to Disneyland.

Make your selection and then buy it. It will download to your copy of iTunes on your computer. Then connect your iPhone/iPod touch and your new Disneyland app will automatically sync and install on your device. Take a look, and the icon will now be on your iPhone/iPod touch ready to go!

There are some great Disneyland and WDW apps on the App Store, including some for dining, attractions check lists, WDW Secrets, Disneyland Guide Notescast, Hidden Mickeys and others.

FYI, there's a brand new "Walt Disney World Hidden Mickeys Lite" Notescast out as of this past weekend...and it's free! 101 Hidden Mickeys.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

So, I fired off an email to upinpoint concerning the Disney Map applications that disappeared.

Aaron White replied back to me:

Hi,

For business reasons, we have suspended sales of the applications. We are planning to start selling the applications again by mid-June. The applications will support some great new features as well with the re-release. Thanks for your interest.

So, if you were unable to load the maps before, you should get another chance soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    My DS has an itouch. We are going to Disneyland for our first visit in Aug. How would we go about getting this Disneyland app? I am clueless on how this stuff is done.
    You can search for it in itunes on your computer or using apps on the iTouch. I usually use my iPhone to search and download apps. That particular app is titled Disneyland CA Planner, it shows up when you search for "Disney".

Post Thanks / Like

“Disneyland Park Guide” Notescast® Now on the iPod Classic and iPod nano

Now guests of Disneyland Park can access a magical new vacation planning and in-park guide on their iPod Classic and iPod nano. At over 120 pages of information with rich in-depth content, they now can have all of Disneyland Park in the palm of their hand wherever they go and whenever they want.

Portland, OR – TimeStream Software, the leading developer of Notescast® titles for the iPod, announces its “Disneyland Park Guide” Notescast for the iPod Classic, iPod 5th Generation and iPod nano.

Designed to complement its counterpart for the iPhone, the new Disneyland Park Notescast for the iPod Classic and iPod nano is a powerful new vacation planning and in-park guide filled with over 120 pages of in-depth information covering nearly every aspect of Disneyland Park, including:

· Welcome to Disneyland Park

· 55 Disneyland Park Attractions

· Disneyland Resort Hotels

· Disneyland Park Tickets

· Disneyland Park FAQs

· Disneyland Park Phone Numbers

· Disneyland Park Tips

· Disneyland Park Tours

· Disneyland Resort Hotels FAQs

· How to Find Disney Characters

· Disneyland Park “Must Do’s”

· Disneyland Park Shows & Parades

· Disneyland Park Hours

· Disneyland Park – What’s New

· Disneyland Park – Parking

· Disneyland Park Toddler Tips

· Disneyland Park Photo Tips

· Disney’s FASTPASS

· Vacation Reservations FAQs

· Countless sub-categories for each of the above

· No Internet access or Wi-Fi required

· And so much more!

“This is an entirely new way to experience Disneyland Park…as well as the iPod.” said Mike Westby of TimeStream Software. “We’ve taken the very same product we developed for the iPhone and brought it to the iPod Classic and iPod nano to put all of Disneyland Park right in the palm of users’ hands wherever they go, no matter what device they’re using.”

The new “Disneyland Park Guide” Notescast for the iPod Classic, iPod 5th Generation and iPod nano is available at www.Notescasts.com.

The “Disneyland Park Guide” Notescast is also available for the iPhone and the iPod touch at The App Store.

Additional Notescast titles for the iPod Classic, iPod nano, iPhone and iPod touch include “Walt Disney World”, “Walt Disney World Secrets” and “Disney’s Animal Kingdom Hidden Mickeys”, “Glacier National Park” and more.

ABOUT TIMESTREAM SOFTWARE

TimeStream Software is the leader in the development of mobile marketing and enduser content for the iPod Classic, iPod nano, iPhone and iPod touch.

Today global brands have discovered using TimeStream Software’s Notescasts as mobile marketing tools to extend their marketing and sales message, as well as web site content, beyond the PC and out into the mobile lives of an all new customer channel of over 135 million iPhone and iPod users.

Learn more about mobile marketing with Notescasts at www.TimeStream-Software.com

ABOUT NOTESCASTS

What the App Store is for the iPhone, www.Notescasts.com is to the iPod Classic and iPod nano.

Individual Notescast titles are available for posting, as well as downloading at www.Notescasts.com. iPod Classic and iPod nano owners will find such Notescast titles as Walt Disney World Notescast, Walt Disney World Secrets Notescast, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Hidden Mickeys Notescast, Disneyland Park Notescast, Glacier National Park Notecast, Sheraton Maui Resort Notescast and more.

To learn more, visit www.Notescasts.com

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased the WDW Maps app about a month ago. It worked great, until... I upgraded to iPhone 3.0 last Friday. Now the app closes once it starts. Ugh. Think they'll fix this before I go to Disney on Thursday?

- Aero
    Por favor, manténganse alejado de los puercos.

First trip, 1993. DVC Member, 2005. POLY (2x), YC, BC, CSR (3x), POR (2x), SSR (4x), BWV (2x), CBR, DCL (3x), AbD Viva Italia, OKW, AKV/KV (4x), BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the maps are available to purchase again. I see a different version, Pacmaps looks similar, but prefer the look of upinpoint.

My maps have been on my phone for a few months and are working fine with the new 3.0 software.

Did you download them directly to your Iphone or into itunes on your computer? Because, if they went directly to your phone, when you sync your iphone to your computer you don't want to tell it to transfer all your apps to one itunes library. If you did that accidently it would have removed it. To fix that, you can download the app, again, directly onto your computer and you won't be charged for it. It will look like your going to be charged, but a window will pop up saying you've paid for it already. Next time you sync the phone, itunes it will put it back on your phone

Was that confusing or what?

Unfortunately, not all the maps are available from upinpoint right now, but they will be eventually.

Also, if my battery is low on my iPhone the maps will shut off when opening.. as will some of my other apps. Check again after you've recharged the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it's been noted or not, but Toy Story Mania has been released on the iphone.

It's a cute little app that will definitely appeal to the younger crowd. Shoot 'em up!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it's been noted or not, but Toy Story Mania has been released on the iphone.

It's a cute little app that will definitely appeal to the younger crowd. Shoot 'em up!
    THANK YOU! This is gonna be great for DD9 to put on her iPhone! (Momma may just get it too!)
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

But it's not compatible with the iPod Touch. Apparently the game requires a microphone. There's a rumor that the new iPod Touch coming out this September will have a microphone, though....
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: