Quantcast Hoop De Doo Thoughts?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hoop De Doo Thoughts?

Okay, we are kicking around where we want to eat on our trip for thanksgiving week. Of course for us we are going to hit our favorites, like the Prime Time Cafe, Mama Melrose's, Chef Mickey's for dinner (if permissable), Kona Cafe, Rainforest Cafe. We are going to upgrade our reservations from room only to a vacation plan and probably add the dining plan. We probably will have an extra table service meal because of our travel plans. We thought that we would use the extra table service meal and combine it with one of the regular table service meals on night and do the Hoop De Doo Review.

And that is my question, what are your opinions about the Hoop de Doo review? I have read some really good reviews. I think we may try this as we have not done this before. It will be my DW, myself, DS (15) and DD (14).

So what are your thoughts about this dinner show? And can you request maybe fries for someone who doesn't eat potatoes or beans?

Thanks for your replies.

ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump.

Any comments would be appreciated.

ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

1326 miles from the most magical place on earth
    Post Thanks / Like

We tried the Hoop De Doo for the first time this past April and LOVED it!!! It was so much fun. It was me , DH, DD (12) and DS (6) we had the best time!!! The show was a riot and the food was good. It quickly became a must do!
    July'05 - Offsite
    July '06 - AKl
    April '07 - offsite
    July 08 ~ AKV!
    April 09 - SSR 1st time as DVC Member!
    July 09 - AKL-Kadani Village/SSR...
    Dec.'09- AKV
    May '10- Beach Club
    June '11- AKL
    July '13- AKL
    Feb 14 - Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Towers
    October 15-AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVED hoop de doo. It was a lot of fun and the kids all loved it too. We had a couple fussy eaters and they were very accommodating and brought some hot dogs and fries. Just make sure and let your server knows asap so they can get what you need.
    KSS

Post Thanks / Like

Hoop-de-Doo is definitely worth the money. It's really fun, and all of us, from 5 to almost 50 loved it.

Post Thanks / Like

We go see HDDR every trip just for the show! We don't even like the food! Don't get me wrong - the sides are great, but DH and I both have a thing about meat on a bone and so neither of us eats ribs or fried chicken.
    2003 - CBR and AKL
    2004 - Pop, BC, and WL
    2005 - Dolphin, GF, BC, and Poly
    2006 - POR and CSR
    2007 - CBR and AKL
    2008 - AKL and BC
    2009 - Poly and BC
    2010 - ESPN weekend at BWI - Grown Ups Only!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there a few years ago with 2-10 yr olds; 2-16 yr olds; and 2-over 35 (ahem! ). Everyone loved the show and all but one picky 10 yr old was stuffed to the gills! Unfortunately, I didn't know at the time that it was possible to request something off-menu that he would have liked - that would have pushed him into the "loved it" category, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I did HDDR for the first time in July, and loved it! It was a really funny show, and the food was good too. I am going to book it again in the Fall. I can't wait!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I just took my DH and my parents for their first visit in May. It was a great show as always, hadn't seen it over 12 years, but the service wa s a little lacking. It took forever to get drink refills, and we were never offered coffee. We did see better service in the other tables. We paid top dollar for the floor front and center. The seats were great, the service wasn't just Disney service to all of us.

Post Thanks / Like

The HDDR is something I did with my parents every time we went to WDW. My DH's family (FL residents) never went, and I had a tough time convincing my DH that we should go. In March, we thought it would be fun as we were traveling with my DH's family. Everyone had a great time (except DH's DS, as she had a husband who bailed with one her kids and put her in a lovely mood for the entire night.) We all had a great time. I have been at a variety of ages 3 to 28 (teenage years included) and have always had a great time.

Have fun!
    Erica

'83, '86 - CR
    '89 - GF
    '94, '98 - Poly
    '00, 3/09 - Off site
    '01 - ASM
    '02 - Swan
    5/09 - POR
    10/09 - AKL
    12/09 - GF
    Next trip???

Post Thanks / Like

Can you request certain area to see the show better? Never been and thinking of taking a 4 and 5 yr. Are they too young?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aurora, ariel, and bell View Post
    Can you request certain area to see the show better? Never been and thinking of taking a 4 and 5 yr. Are they too young?
    I think your 4 and 5 year olds will have a blast! They will not get all of the jokes, but silliness and slap stick is funny at all ages!
    The seating is by Catagories 1 thru 3. Catagorie 1 is the most expensive and front and center of the stage.
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

The food is good but nothing fancy, fried chicken, ribs, salad, beans and strawberry shortcake...the show is cornball, slapstick humor...my 14 year old son laughed so hard that it made it more than worth it to me.....

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We had a blast at HDDR!!! I would definitely return again. My dd7 enjoyed the slapstick humor and our table was picked on a few times during the show.

The food is barbecue style and basically good. The Sangria was great. We had catagory 2 seating (on the main floor off to the side). Catagory 3 is the balcony...the cast also goes up there and it seems like it would be good viewing as well.

It is my favorite of the dinner shows.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Compare Luau to Hoop Dee Doo?

We went to HDDR in 2007 & are booking again when we get to 90 days out, we are in our 50's (no kiddies with us) and loved it!... We are planning to book the Luau too, but not sure if that is as good. We have been to Hawaii several times & done luau's there, any comments??
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

Hoop-Dee-Doo is a definite MUST-DO for us on EVERY trip! How much do we like it? If you'll note my signature, we have been to the HDDMR on EVERY trip since 1980. The players have changed, but the show has always stayed the same and has never failed to bring a smile to our faces. Not to mention good food and plenty of it! We have actually had 4 generations of family enjoy this show, and know that our DD will bring her family to see it as well (when she's old enough). So, a resounding YES for the HHD. If you go, be sure to ask the "Players" to get you "into the show". You'll be glad you did!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We have only been to HDD once (2005) with DSIL & DBIL, but are going beck this September, just DW and I.

First time, we were on the main floor, stage left and had a blast.

This time, we will probably try for balcony and hope for a table for two - DW doesn't like eating with people we don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies. This helps. I believe that we will be trying this come November.

ROBERT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aurora, ariel, and bell View Post
    1) You can buy Cat-1, Cat-2 or Cat-3 areas.
    2) You cannot request where you want to sit.
    3) Tables are assigned in the order the ressie was made.

4) Better seats ALWAYS cost more - Broadway or HDDR.
    5) Regardless of what people say.
    6) Repeat, regardless of what people say.
    7) Categories
    . . . Cat-1, floor level and back to 2/3 of house
    . . . Cat-2, back 2/3 of house to rear of room and some balcony
    . . . Cat-3, all balcony, 1/2 of table cranks neck, some views blocked by posts

NOTE: HDDR tables in each category are assigned by the date of the ressie. Earlier ressies get the better tables. The exception are tables #044 and #045 which are kept open until show-day for last minute handicapped guests. Table numbers are identified as 044 = floor-level, fourth-row-from-front, fourth-table-from-left.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

We did the show the last time we were there for the first time and loved it! It was just my sister (20) and me (26). We had a table right in the middle in front of the stage and were laughing the entire time. We also loved the food--the strawberry shortcake is delicious! As soon as it was over my sister said we had to do it again on our next trip. Now we are just trying to decide on Cat. 1 or Cat. 2 seating.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: