Quantcast Photopass CD Price Increase - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think it's too early to order this for my May 2010 trip?
    Cast: ME39, DH36, DD 6, DS1
    Oct 04/Oct 05 - offsite at Westgate Vacation Villas
    May 06 - offsite at Westgate
    Aug/Sept 07 - first time on property - POFQ
    Oct 4 - Oct 13 2008 - Westgate Vacation Villas
    Oct 3 - Oct 10 2009 - off site timeshare
    May 1 - May 8 2010-Boardwalk Villas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We did the pre-order last year and loved it! Everywhere we went we had pictures taken of us. Even the character meals that we purchased we where able to get on the CD.

Another nice thing about the CD is that you can edit the pictures online - add signatures, borders, crop, rotate, etc. We turned our small amount of pictures from Family photos to couple photos by cropping the pics.

I think by the time I was done editing the pics on-line we had about 200+ pictures. Then once I got the CD, I was able to send the pics to a local photo shop and get them printed for pennies.

All in all, much cheaper then buying a few photos while you are in the park.

- Fryguy
    - DVC Member Since 2001 (WL & SS)
    - Cisco CCIE

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad they don't do as much specialty graphics on the disks now. Several years ago, we had over a hundred photos taken, plus they had about 70 more with specialized graphics and frames. I believe it was around $100 then....

It was definitely cheaper than buying a few photos in the park. We could print all we wanted. Just be sure you have a copy of the release, as several photo printing places refused to do them until they saw the releases. It was funny watching them pick their teeth up off the floor. They couldn't believe we had rights to print!
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03
    2 wks - '04 - during two of the hurricanes
    4+ wks - '06
    2+ wks - '07
    2 wks - '10
    2 wks - '11

...the next trip is...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjramsey View Post
    Too bad they don't do as much specialty graphics on the disks now. Several years ago, we had over a hundred photos taken, plus they had about 70 more with specialized graphics and frames. I believe it was around $100 then....
    We where just down there in October 08 and I was able to crop, add pics, frames, signatures etc.

Did this change recently?

- Fryguy
    - DVC Member Since 2001 (WL & SS)
    - Cisco CCIE

Post Thanks / Like

IMO wasn't worth the $100 I paid in Oct let alone the increase. I can take better pictures than they can. In their deffense these people are not professional photographers so I should have known better.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    IMO wasn't worth the $100 I paid in Oct let alone the increase. I can take better pictures than they can. In their deffense these people are not professional photographers so I should have known better.

Good point

The photographers are not...in fact....photographers

or should i say - they don't have to be.

some of course are, retired, second job, etc...but many if not most are the same rank and file cattle that funnels through casting.

So you may get decent pictures...or they could be horrendous

Even the photographers from special services that do wedding pictures aren't necessarily qualified (personal experience on that one....$1000 worth)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    Good point

The photographers are not...in fact....photographers

or should i say - they don't have to be.

some of course are, retired, second job, etc...but many if not most are the same rank and file cattle that funnels through casting.

So you may get decent pictures...or they could be horrendous

Even the photographers from special services that do wedding pictures aren't necessarily qualified (personal experience on that one....$1000 worth)
    I think I got caught up in seeing them with those big cameras thinking "they must be good at taking pictures with those expensive cameras, they must be pros " I was wrong. Some of the pictures were fine but when you only have two people in the picture and one is not in focus or looking in the wrong direction you know they don't know or care (maybe) what they are doing.

Also all of the hours I spent adding borders and cropping (disney is making you work for their money) when I printed out the pictures (reg size) alot of the borders were partially cut off What a waste of time and money.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: