Quantcast Where is Disney Visa Photo Experience held?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Where is Disney Visa Photo Experience held?

So, we finally took the plunge and got the Visa card... so I want to be sure I max out any and all benefits!!

Does anyone know where they hold the Photo Experience with the characters that you can schedule? And do I book it once we arrive??

Thanks for any info you guys have....

Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Visa Meet & Greet is held at Innovations West between 1P and 4P.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I guess I assumed it was a more private thing, since they said you had to schedule it... so I'm thinking there are actually quite a few people there?

If that's the case, does anybody know how long it usually takes -- is it a "line up and meet them/get autographs and then you're off" thing, kind-of like what's at DHS with Sorcerer Mickey, etc., or something different?

And does anybody know what characters are typically there, or do they change them around??

Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Our first time (in 2005) consisted of Minnie & Goofy and was very relaxed as we were one of three families there at the time. The following year was more crowded (but still enjoyable - not rushed) and Mickey, Pluto, and Donald were there.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I love this perk!! We went twice during our last trip. Once we had Micky andPluto and the other time we got Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. It is private but not for a long time. I think each family is there about 5 min. They danced a little with us, and goofed around. But since they are not talking characters there isn't much to do..

This alone was worth prepurchasing the photo pass CD...the photographer got a ton of pics in those 5 min...very candid shots as well as posed.

We waited in line about 15 min. each time..

Have fun!
    DJ
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a quick question about this. We are taking a large family trip in Sept with 8 people (me, DH, DS, my parents, my brother, my SIL and their son). DH and I both have Disney Visas as do my parents. My brother's family does not. Mom and dad probably don't care about getting their character time, but I'm sure they'd like to see brother's family and especially his stepson get photos with the characters. Is that allowed? Or would brother need his own Disney Visa? Technically we are one large family, but I don't want to do anything that might be considered cheating. Thoughts?
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

First, remember that you can use this perk from the Chase Disney Visa card once PER DAY!!!

Second, a question: Will the photographers take pics with YOUR camera? Not big on using Photopass, and yes, I know you get one 5x7 free with this, but it would be nice to have some on my own camera (for personal use only!)

Post Thanks / Like

We've generally found the photographers to be very accommodating when we've asked them to take a shot or two with our personal camera.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

you have to schedule this now? I thought you just got in line -- at least that is what we have done in the past.

If you have to schedule, how do you do that now?
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

you do not schedule appts. You can use this perk between 1 pm - 4pm daily however, they only allow a certain number of people per hour (don't know the amount). Also, don't get on line at 3:55 pm and expect to be able to get in. The 4 pm close time is firm. I have never waited more then 5 minutes but I have seen people get online after me and been told that they are not allowing anymore in for the day.

At Innovations there is no sign advertinsg the location. When you go in, it is on the right. You will have to ask. You will also not know what characters are in there until you get in.

We have always had Mickey, Pluto and sometimes Donald. The last time we were there, we had no wait and the CM were great and played games with my son. They told him they would have a prize for him if he walked into the room backwards..so he did and then Pluto sneaked up behind him. Then when we were done, they told my son to walk out on his hands...well he is 7 and can't do that we I picked up his legs and he walked out on his hands (aka we call that wheelbarrel)

Its definitely fun and worth doing and don't forget to bring your Disney Visa card. You do have to show it.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to do this on my next trip, I always have my card on me. I hope I don't forget this time!
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Question

One last question... is this the photo op we see going on as we leave The Land on the right, sort-of across from the Electric Umbrella? We've seen people in a glassed in area w/ characters, but always thought it was just another character spot.

Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Dsnygrl - I do not think it is the same spot. I've been to that Character "connection" meet & greet several times and it isn't exclusive to Visa card holders.
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    One last question... is this the photo op we see going on as we leave The Land on the right, sort-of across from the Electric Umbrella? We've seen people in a glassed in area w/ characters, but always thought it was just another character spot.

I think that one is just another character spot open to anyone. If it's the one I'm thinking about it's a good spot. I guess because it's indoors a lot of people don't notice it? It's never terribly crowded.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post

As confirmed above, that isn't the VIsa photo op. The Visa photo op is located in the Innoventions side that is closest to The Land, and there are no windows in that area.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

everyone... I can't wait to find it in October -- my kids will love it!! Even at 8 & 11, something about being with those characters makes them (and all of us...) so little again!!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

We just did this 3 days ago. It is in the Innovations West building and is near the place where they teach kids how to get out of the house durning a fire and right down from the fire truck. There is a wall of video games right there where to line up is. If you are looking at the wall with the video games, the line will be on your right.

We wait about 15 minutes this year and had Mickey and Pluto. Closer to 45 minutes last year and had Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. No way to know who you will get to meet. Even the CM that is at the head of the line either doesn't know or won't say. You are taken in one family at a time so it is private. Last year we seemed to have at least 5 minutes. This year....it seemed they had us out in under 2 minutes. That may be why the wait time was so much less this year. I think there is a limit of 6 people per card. And to my understanding, the free picture has to be of the whole group but I could be wrong.

Hope some of that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

We have seen the characters there meet as groups of either two or three -- always some mix of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    I have a quick question about this. We are taking a large family trip in Sept with 8 people (me, DH, DS, my parents, my brother, my SIL and their son). DH and I both have Disney Visas as do my parents. My brother's family does not. Mom and dad probably don't care about getting their character time, but I'm sure they'd like to see brother's family and especially his stepson get photos with the characters. Is that allowed? Or would brother need his own Disney Visa? Technically we are one large family, but I don't want to do anything that might be considered cheating. Thoughts?
    We have gone with larger groups without a problem. If you and your husband are on the same account, that counts as one card. (The Visa people count by the account number - they note the last four digits of your card on your free photo slip.) If, though, you have two different accounts, you can present both -- and get two free prints. So, if you get to the front of the line (and we've always been in a line, usually 30-45 minutes) and hand over 2 or 3 visas, they will give you 2 or 3 free print slips.
    We had three different VISA accounts in our group, last time -- we chose to go in to the meet and greet together, did the photo shoot (had it put on two different photopass cards, just in case ), and then - whne photos were ready - all selected different photos of our group.

The photographers have always been willing to take a shot or two with our cameras (even when we've had four different ones for the group .) But doing us all at once, rather than in three different groups, is actually still faster -- they realize this and make sure the time is magical for all.

The lighting isn't that good for disposable type cameras -- its a bit dark in the room -- so they know you'll end up wanting the well lit professional ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information. If they do limit 6 per card we should be okay because parents have 1 account while DH & I have another. So that's 8 people in all with 2 accounts.
    Michelle

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: