Quantcast Questions about T-Rex

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Questions about T-Rex

We are traveling a day early to WDW in October and will spend that day in Downtown Disney. We won't yet be on the dining plan, and as I understand it T-Rex isn't on the plan anyway (correct me if I am wrong).

We want to eat at T-Rex for lunch. Questions:

Do they accept ADR's?
    How's the food?
    What is there to do besides eat?

I'd appreciate any feedback you can give.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We ate there Memorial Day Weekend. NO adrs at that time but they said they would be taking them soon.

It was fun...overpriced as usual, but we always eat off the appetizer menu at places like that. Its a cute idea if your kids are into dinos...we enjoyed it. Nachos were great!!! Probably wont rush to go back or put it in our rotation. Very rainforest cafe like. Lots of upselling expensive drinks and desserts.

My suggestion....have a drink at the bar and an app if you are hungry, check it out and move on.

We like Earle of Sandwich, it a CS but the food is very good and its quick.
    FT Wilderness every year since 1976..TRIPS IN 2010....Princess Marathon March10 (Contemporary),Easter 2010 (AKL), Memorial Day Weekend 2010 (FW Cabins), June 2010 (Wliderness Lodge), Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Sept 10 (DGC), Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon Oct 2010 (WL)

Post Thanks / Like

They do have priority seating (we called for one the first week of may), but you need to call the T-Rex directly as opposed to the Disney Dining line.

Food is good. Everything we had was very tasty. Not blow you away good, but nothing disappointing. Some younger kids thought it was a little loud when the meteor shower happened, but others thought it was really cool.

If you're in DTD for the entire day, lunch is much less crowded than supper, especially if you arrive at 11 when it opens.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at T-Rex in mid-May and it was fairly good.

You can make a reservation by calling them directly (and I would make one...there was a 60-minute wait for walk-ups when we were there).

The food is good, nothing too special, but we all enjoyed our meals. DD ran around the place taking pictures of everything, and there is a pretty neat gift store.

They also have a "build-a-dino", which is like Build-A-Bear, only you end up with a dino-friend.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, we are reconsidering. I've been reading some bad reviews about T-Rex. Overpriced, loud, food just average.

Anyone have another suggestion of where to eat for lunch in DD?

I'm reading The House of Blues is good. Anyone eat there -- any good?
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard good things about House of Blues too. One of these days we'll make it there.

If you're heading over that way, we were very pleased when we ate at Wolfgang Puck Cafe and will be visiting there again this year (they accept the DDP and HoB's doesn't).

If you want to visit a counter service restaurant, everyone seems to love Earl of Sandwich but I've always been put off by the lines. Our favorite CS in DTD is Wolfgang Puck Express and we've been happy repeat visitors since 2000. And for dessert (if you have room), Goofy's Candy Company is very nearby — we love to "design our own" goodies.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

ive' only been to the T-Rex in kansas city, and you're right, it's loud, crowded, and the food is ok at best...but the atmosphere is kinda cool...

i would definitly recommend the House of Blues.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    ive' only been to the T-Rex in kansas city, and you're right, it's loud, crowded, and the food is ok at best...but the atmosphere is kinda cool...

i would definitly recommend the House of Blues.
    Thanks! Does T-Rex have a shop that anyone (non-diners) can visit? The kids were interested in building a dino.
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, anyone can go in the gift shop and Build a Dino area. It is always wall to wall people so be prepared. I am a shopaholic and had to get out of there. It is very tight. Still nice to visit at least once though.
    Cheloconnell :)

DVC Member Since 2008: BLT, GF, AK, OKW, HH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cheloconnell View Post
    Yes, anyone can go in the gift shop and Build a Dino area. It is always wall to wall people so be prepared. I am a shopaholic and had to get out of there. It is very tight. Still nice to visit at least once though.
    Thanks for the info, everyone. This really helps us plan!
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

But i just made reservations THROUGH the Disney WDW-DINE phone number????
    I'm confused!!!
    Do i have to CALL the T-REX Cafe too??
    Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to T-Rex twice and I would recommend, but I would caution that it is loud and overpriced. But, the appitizers are moderately priced and there is an entire page full of appitizer options. And the portion is so big that I had to ask for a box to take some home. If your kids like dino's then I would recommend. As far as atmosphere, its a Rain Forest cafe with a dino theme.

I've ate at HoB's a few times and it is also overpriced. The food is good but not "picky eater friendly." T-Rex cafe wins in the atmosphere catagory.

Other places at DTD I would recommend are Earl of Sandwich, Raglan Road, and Wolfgang Puck Express.

Have fun!
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

EARLE OF SANDWICH! I can't recommend this place highly enough. There's a reason why it's always crowded. The sandwiches are delicious and reasonably priced. We had to go there twice on our last trip and I actually got two one time because I wanted to try different things. They are SO GOOD!!!
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media: