Quantcast Group of 7- advise on off site resort, please

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Group of 7- advise on off site resort, please

Hello all! DH and I are taking our 3 kids and 2 two of their friends to WDW in October 2009. We can't possibly stay onsite due to our budget. We do not want a vacation home. We want to stay for 7-10 nights and need advise on a resort/hotel, this is what we're looking for.....
    -within 10 minute drive to the parks, preferably
    -has one suite suitable for 7
    -has things to do shopping/restaurants within walking distance
    -alternative transport to parks if we don't want to drive is a plus
    -and a place where we can still get a good nights rest.
    I know it's a tall order but we plan to spend most of our days at the parks and just want a comfortable, safe, clean place to lay our heads at night (less than $150/night)
    What is your thoughts of the Fountains on International Dr. and what building would be a good one to request?
    Thanks a Bunch!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We like Orange Lake Resort and Country Club . . .

. . . Rooms from $89 to $180 per night
    . . . Studio, 1bdrm, 2bdrm and 3brm units
    . . . Two championship golf courses
    . . . Two walking golf courses, one lighted for night play
    . . . Home of McCord Golf Academy (Top-25 golf schools)
    . . . 80-acre lake
    . . . Sailing
    . . . Jet-skis
    . . . Beach Volleyball, including tournaments
    . . . Tennis, including tournaments
    . . . Basketball, including tournaments
    . . . Putt-Putt, including tournaments
    . . . Olympic Pool
    . . . Party Pool, with entertainment stage
    . . . Five satellite pools
    . . . Several hot tubs
    . . . Daily pool games for kids and adults
    . . . Rental cabanas
    . . . Afternoon Bingo
    . . . Karaoke
    . . . Water parks, with Lazy River Rafts
    . . . Game and arcade room
    . . . Free Theater
    . . . Pool or Beach party nightly (except Sunday)
    . . . Luau and Country BBQ nights
    . . . Planned family activities from 9:00am thru 6:00pm
    . . . Arts and crafts, daily
    . . . Activities for kids under 12
    . . . Activities for kids 12-18
    . . . Nightly Cocktail Cruise on the lake
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot.
    Not too familiar with Fountains but have had several off-Disney-property visits due to budget constraints and am here to tell you it's still wonderful.
    We've enjoyed several stays at Orange Lake-- good description from Rusty above.
    The other resorts we've been to and liked are
    Silver Lake and Orbit One. Both of these have excellent locations-- very close to Disney-- but only show occupancy of 6 so you might need to call directly and ask if they'll accept 7. We also enjoyed Oak Plantation but it's a little further afield.
    Can tell you more about the Sheraton Vistana soon as we'll be staying there for a week later
    in July.
    Blue Heron has a promotional going right now
    that looks like a good deal.
    All of these resorts get mixed reviews as you might expect but we've always been very happy with our accommodations-- good pools, nice rooms, kitchens, + washers/dryers in most units. What's not to like? Guess we're just not picky enough.
    We have always had a car so am not sure if all of these have shuttle service to the parks but most probably will. Personally, if I'm going to stay off property I'd rather have a car. Most shuttle services don't get great marks.
    I will add that 10 mins is a realistic goal if you mean your resort to WDW property but if you are talking parking spot to parking spot you should plan on a little more time. Of course you would also need to expect it to take more than 10 mins even if you were on property and taking the buses to the different parks.
    Enjoy the planning. Not sure when your Oct. dates are but find out the extra magic hour parks and avoid them.

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious - why not a vacation home?

We stayed in one 3 or 4 years ago - I don't remember the name, but our unit slept 8 comfortably (4 rooms - 2 with 2 twins and 2 with king sized bed) and it was well below $150 per night.
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Sheraton Vistana resort is really close (not to be confused with Sheraton Vistana Villages, which is not as close).

We zip right to the parks everyday....literally minutes from Downtown Disney and just a bit longer to everywhere else.

You can get a 2 bedroom in some sections with a king bed in one room, two double beds in the second bedroom, and a pull out couch. You can also get a rollaway if necessary.

I don't know about alternative transportation because we have always rented a car.

Many of the sections of the resort have been beautifully refurbished. I know Lakes, Fountains, and Fountains II are all redone. I'm not sure where they are on the rest of it.

There are 7 pools and a few restaurants within the resort. There is also a general store, mini golf, tennis courts, arcades, etc.

We like it a lot
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a bunch, for your info on the resorts! We don't want to go with a vacation home because we don't vacation often so going to a "home" may not feel like we're treating ourselves. Strange logic, I know. We haven't totally ruled that out though.
    We really appreciate your helpful advise
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Bunch - as the "mom" of my family, that totally makes sense!

Every summer we spend a week in a condo in Sarasota before we spend a few days at Disney. During our stay at the condo, there is certainly daily upkeep required that doesn't occur in a resort!

I absolutely view the time at Disney as "my" vacation time.
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Mike Ditka Resorts-Runnaway Beach Resort.
    It''s right off of Osceola Pkwy, close to Gaylord Palms (if you're familiar with that location). You can get 3 bedroom apartments there. My familly stays there almost evertime. We like it and will probably be staying there once out child is born in Oct. They have full kitchens, living rooms, etc. Goggle it and see what you think.
    76-09 Passholders
    1995-Grad Night
    2005-CSR-2x, POR-2x
    2006-POR, Swan-3x
    2007-Swan-3x, Dolphin-2x, FW-2x
    2008-Swan-2x (married there!) Dolphin, AS-Music, CSR, CBR, Pop, Gaylord Palms
    2009-CBR, AKL Villas, Omni, SSR,Dolphin
    2010-POP-2x, CBR, FW, Dolphin
    Upcoming Jan 2011'POP

Post Thanks / Like

Default RoyaleParcSuites

Hi, try RoyaleParcSuites it's in Maingate Orlando down near Oldtown. We stayed there in February in a 2 br suite which would hold 10 people. Its a comfort suites hotel. Has a kitchenette and living room area, nice place, free breakfast buffet, free happy hr at the pool with wine, beer and soda. Right next to Krispy Kreme, which is a huge plus because we don't have them in Maine. I don't know about transportation, I know they had a shuttle but we had our car with us, so I can't help you there. If I cannot stay on site, this is where I will stay from now on. Also, I found that by calling I could do better with the rate than what was listed online.

Post Thanks / Like

Though the bonus of a vacation home. Is laundry in the house so you can do it as you want and don't have to pack as much. With all the luggage restrictions. Also access to a full kitchen.

But my favorite is your own private pool. So you can put the kids to bed and go swimming.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Default Royale Parc Suites it is!

Hi everyone, thanks again for all your replies, I looked in to quite a few but I,we, decided on the Royale Parc Suites..liked the rooms size and free breakfast and close to everything and the price was right on the button.
    So...happy we're on our way!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: