Quantcast Your Special Restaurant

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Your Special Restaurant

Hey,

I'm just curious as to where everyone's special restaurant is?

You know the one I mean. The one where the second you walk in, you get that wonderful warm feeling and you feel like your home. Where the memories of the incredible times you have spent there just flood your brain as soon as you walk in the door, look around and smell that unique smell that all WDW dining establishments have.

For my family it's Cape May Cafe. Everytime we set foot in there I feel like I have never left. We know the place like the back of our hand, like our own dining room.

Way back when it was just my DRHW and I it was Alfredo's. It was our first ever dining experience on our first ever trip (honeymoon!) back in 1991 so it always held a very special place in our hearts. I can't tell you have sad I was when they shut it down, but that is another story for another day.

So what is your special dining place and why? I would love to hear all about it.

Jay

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For us, it is Citrico's. We carry one of their menus around with us in the car and plan our meal for the next visit, even though we know it won't be quite the same. Our favorite server is Jamie and last November for our last visit before we left, he brought a bottle of wine from his home for us to enjoy with our meal. Then, on Christmas Eve, when I returned from work, Charley was on the phone and said it was for me. It was Jamie and Eddie calling us from Citrico's to wish us a 'Merry Christmas'. It was so great and we could hear the restaurant sounds in the background and we wanted to be there very badly. (We're in Michigan, in December, so you can imagine) It is things like this that continue to make WDW so wonderful and irresistable.
    Only 17 more weeks and we will be dining there again!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Trail's End and Crockett's Tavern.
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

Post Thanks / Like

For me its Narcoossees I have to eat there every trip. Great food, Great service, and I usually get it timed around wishes and we go out on the balcony and watch it then finish our meal.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is Cape May Cafe for breakfast.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Cape May for dinner. A lot of Cape May's so far..... We also love 1900 Pare fare for breakfast.
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Tough one! I think I have several that are our favorites but for your question...

Whispering Canyon Cafe (when we stay at WL, it's usually our first meal, lunch, after arriving. And/or our last meal, breakfast on the day we leave.)
    Kona Cafe (same as WCC, but when we stay at Poly)
    and maybe Hoop Dee Doo - we've gone to the show several times over our trips to the World, the first few trips, on my honeymoon, on our anniversary, and when we took my in-laws for the first time - there just something about waiting around Fort Wilderness waiting for them to open the doors!)

I'm a bit indecisive... sorry!
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like that anywhere at the Grand Floridian, but our favorite restaurant is California Grill. We always time our dining around the fireworks. It doesn't matter where we sit because we prefer to view the fireworks from the rooftop observatory.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Too far, 1000 miles (18 hours) from port orleans riverside
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
    Hey,

I'm just curious as to where everyone's special restaurant is?

You know the one I mean. The one where the second you walk in, you get that wonderful warm feeling and you feel like your home. Where the memories of the incredible times you have spent there just flood your brain as soon as you walk in the door, look around and smell that unique smell that all WDW dining establishments have.

For my family it's Cape May Cafe. Everytime we set foot in there I feel like I have never left. We know the place like the back of our hand, like our own dining room.

Way back when it was just my DRHW and I it was Alfredo's. It was our first ever dining experience on our first ever trip (honeymoon!) back in 1991 so it always held a very special place in our hearts. I can't tell you have sad I was when they shut it down, but that is another story for another day.

So what is your special dining place and why? I would love to hear all about it.

Jay
    Well My Favorite Resturaunt is Rainforest Cafe But i think the one that feels like you never left and probably the most special for my family is the Port Orleans Riverside Cottonmill Cafe - just becuase that where we spend the most time eating
    Become What You Wish The World To Be

RIP VMK: Mysteriochao 2006-2008

1998 Port orleans riverside
    1999 POR
    2002 POR
    2003 POR
    2005 POR
    2006 POR
    2007 POR
    2008-2009 (dec 28 - jan 07) POR
    2009 POR

Next Trip--- Not planned

Post Thanks / Like

Kona Cafe, without any doubt at all. A special, special place.

Trail's End is another one.

And Flame Tree BBQ.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

The special restaurant to me is CRT lunch. I first ate there for my birthday in 2005, and I started a tradition of eating there every year since (except for this year ). Another favorite, that I do every year, is CP dinner.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say Crystal Palace. I can't imagine a trip without going there for either breakfast or lunch, or both.

Liz

Post Thanks / Like

It used to be Liberty Tree Tavern (hence my name) but it has changed too much so now it is Narcoosees or Bomas
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Ours are Teppan Edo and Rose & Crown....btw what is a DRHW???
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly
    2009 - Pop Century & Grand Floridian

2014 - Beach Club for my daughter's first trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ours is Chef Mickeys breakfast. This is how we always start our vacation here. This is the first morning meal before we ever go into any park. It is a tradition. We also enjoy our special meals at O'hanas since the name means family. We enjoy going here with family.

Post Thanks / Like

For us, it definately Crystal Palace breakfast. What a way to start the day. Get into MK prior to the gates opening. Walk down a quiet Main Street. Have a terrific breakfast in a beautiful restaurant. Then leave just as the park is opening and hit some of our favorite attractions before lines can begin.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, but we're looking forward to the Princess breakfast next trip! I'd also like to try Tony's and so many others!

In the past we've really enjoyed the O'hana and Cape May breakfasts, too. Biergarten, while not exactly "homey" was very good and very fun, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Mine will always be Crystal Palace. I will always remember going there with my parents back when it was "cafeteria style" before the character buffets. Somehow it was NEVER busy when we went... and my Mom and Dad always told my sister and I that people think it looks to fancy on the outside to just have regular good food on the inside... It was like OUR SECRET! I felt like royalty going in there at night when it was all lit up...(and then getting to eat a hamburger!) I used to think it was like the White House... (This is funny as I havent really thought of this in YEARS!).. Now, years later we bring our daughters there every trip! We love the buffet with Pooh.

My Dad has not been back to WDW since it has changed, but he always asks if we will be eating there and how it is. It is just a great memory for me...
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

Every single time we go to Disney, our very first ressie is at Cape May for dinner. We normally have an early flight and not much to eat and then have a great meal there.

Post Thanks / Like

Ohana's. We are "home" once we arrive for our traditional first night dinner. It is "our" place. Even the singer/entertainer recognizes us now! Our trip wouldn't be complete without Ohana's. We love the vibe, the food, the views, the smells..aaaahhh..
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: