Quantcast Unique Autograph ideas?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unique Autograph ideas?

I've been thinking of something unique for my daughter to collect autographs on this time. I know it needs to be something easy for the characters to write on. Anyone have any ideas?

Poly Dec 2010
    CR Dec. 2009
    POR Sept. 2008
    POP & AKL June 2007
    WDW Dolphin July 2006
    WDW Dolphin March 2002

Treehouse Villas as a kid...that's where it all began!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We took squares of diffent material one year to make a quilt out of. My Mom still hasn't finished the second one of them, but the girls wouldn't be getting them until they were older anyways. This year I am planning on doing a big photo album with their signatures next to the pictures. Took blank index cards and printed off different clip art on them for the different characters to sign. They get to sign next to a picture of themselves. Bought some small cheap photo albus to carry them around in and printed off bigger pictures for the covers. It looks really cute all together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I LoveJack View Post
    We took squares of diffent material one year to make a quilt out of. My Mom still hasn't finished the second one of them, but the girls wouldn't be getting them until they were older anyways. This year I am planning on doing a big photo album with their signatures next to the pictures. Took blank index cards and printed off different clip art on them for the different characters to sign. They get to sign next to a picture of themselves. Bought some small cheap photo albus to carry them around in and printed off bigger pictures for the covers. It looks really cute all together.
    WOW! Those are both FABULOUS ideas - really!

My mom quilts and the fabric idea is so cool!!

My ideas are lame in comparison - I'd just make our own autograph books (but they came out cute, I swear!) and was planning on doing a pillowcase. The quilt idea ROCKS - I might try that instead!!

I don't quilt, but I'd advise pre-washing the fabric(s) you want to use and ironing them, too. Then cut them out to a size (5 or 6 inch squares would work great) and bring a bunch. You might not even need to use fabric markers; I'd think a big 'ol sharpie would work fine (and they do make them in a bunch of colors - how cute would THAT be?!) You can find contrasting fabrics for the squares that aren't autograped, too, so you can choose what colors to use ahead of time...!

LOVE this idea!

-Sarah

Post Thanks / Like

We've taken a large photo mat and had the characters sign it, and then put our picture in it with one of them.

Also, we've taken the Disney Encyclopedia of Characters and had each one sign "their" page. This was a lot of fun, as many characters made a big deal about being in a book
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

i love the pillowcase idea!!!

Post Thanks / Like

we get dollar store white baseball type hats and use the colored fabric pens and have them autograph the hats. The kids get to wear them and it is a huge conversation piece!! plus very colorful
    Donna
    Mom to 5 very special and amazing kids.

1982 first trip to WDW
    1982-2009 multiple trips.
    Best Trip MAW trip with GKTW and AKL
    NEXT TRIP.. July 13-21, 2009 and Nov.30-Dec 5

Post Thanks / Like

We purchased a different color sharpie for each day we were at the park. DD wrote in her trip diary with the same color.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Well I had one time got a piggy bank of Belle and I had her sign it for me but the best marker to use is a sharpy. I didn't have one on me and I had her use my Ariel pen that has i thing gel or what ever they call them and it work but it was starting to fade off but I let it dry off before I move it so u could have them sign a character bank.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Some from intercot gave me this idea a couple of years back and we love it so I always pass it on. I bought a copy of Disney's Jr. Encyclopedia of Characters and we take it with us every trip. The characters get to sign the page with there name, picture, and description. Only down fall is the book was published in 04 I believe so some of the new charcters aren't in it. But there is plenty room in the front and back for extra signatures. My kids love the book and each of them has taken it to show and tell after we get home from our trip. It's a nice thing to have and keep.

Just a tip if you do get the book. I always carry it and keep it in a ziptop bag. Just incase of weather or a drink leak in the bag. It would be horrible if something happened to it. Oh, and I bring fat retractable sharpies for characters to sign with.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: