Quantcast Questions to ask

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Questions to ask

Ok, this started as a joke to my family but has ended up becoming a dream come true. I get the Disney Insider emails every now and then. Last week was the newest Insider and what do I read but that Julie Andrews will be at the Grand Californian for a signing as it's the 45th anniversary of the release of Mary Poppins. She is also there for a new release of a book she has written that will be out in October. I am Julie's number 1 fan! I have seen everything she has ever been in and own every book she has written! So I emailed my family as a joke to see who loved me the most, and would take me to Disneyland to see her. Guess what??!! My mom came through! So for my birthday, Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, Holloween, and St. Patrick's day, she is taking me to Disneyland to see Julie! Since I am coming from the east coast, I found a really good deal on Travelocity for my round trip ticket, motel for 3 nights, 2 3-day park hopper tickets (they are really for 5 days, as you buy 3 days and get 2 free), and round trip transportation from LAX. Then I got her ticket from Tucson round trip. I have been to Disneyland quite a few times, especially when Iived at home in Tucson, but haven't been in a few years. So if I could, I would like to ask a few questions. By the way, we will be there from August 27 - 30 - the book signing is on the 29th.

1) We have reservations at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott at Disneyland Resort. Has anyone stayed there before? How long of a walk is it? We don't need a lot of extras, as I am not taking a computer and don't plan on swimming. Any input would be helpful.

2) I know the end of August is hot in CA. Is it really that bad? I don't handle hot all that well, but will grin and bear it for Julie Andrews!

3) As a surprise, I want to take my mom to the Blue Bayou for lunch. I know I can make reservations now. Does anyone have the phone number to the Disneyland reservation service so I can see if any times are available?

4) Am I reading on other threads - is the Electricial Light Parade not running the dates we will be there? It's my mom's favorite and I hope it's on.

5) How are the crowds at that time? I know it will be busy, but the only fast ride my mom will get on is Thunder Mountain. I may ride on Splash by myself, but otherwise, we will be taking our time, and just enjoying being there.

6) Does anyone know any more information about the signing? It does say that no outside items will be allowed to be signed - only the lithagraphs they are selling and items bought at Disneyland as long as a receipt is present. So I am assuming that she will sign movies she was in, etc. as long as it was bought there. I would love for her to sign my copy of The Sound of Music, but I am sure that won't be allowed. And do you know when we will be allowed to start lining up? I plan on being there early in the morning and waiting. I hope the wait will be inside!

I am just so excited, I can't stand it! My kids are mad at me as they are not going either, but my mom is paying for this. I will bring them back something, but sure can't afford to take them with me! They know how hard I work, and I do need a break. Working 2 jobs and 7 days a week, I need a break every now and then!

Thanks for all your help

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see -

Congratulations! How fun for you and your mom!

August is super hot in So Cal. I hate it (I've lived here all my life and I still don't do well in heat). The parks can get up near the 100's with crowds, pavement, etc. So, bring lots of water, sunblock, and a hat.

Mickey Dining: 1 714 781 3463

The crowds are crazy in August. So Cal schools don't start until after labor day.

That's all I know about. The other questions will probably be answered by others here.

Just relax and enjoy your special trip! I wish I could go that weekend, but we're seeing Wicked. Dang it!

2000 - Infinity: DLR Premium Annual Passholder
    Sixty minutes from my front door to Sleeping Beauty's Castle!

Post Thanks / Like

1) The hotel is great, and they have free breakfast. It's an easy 10 minute walk to the front gates. They do have free internet. They are a Good Neighbor Hotel.

2) INTERCOT Weather section in Disneyland Resort Planning. Hot during the days and can be chilly at night.

3) All table service locations at the Disneyland Resort offer Priority Seating up to 60-days in advance by calling Disney Dining at (714) 781-DINE, or (714) 781-3463.

4) The Electrical Parade Schedule looks like its only updated until 8/23 currently. If new dates are released by Disneyland we will update the Parade Schedule in Vacation Planning asap.

5) That is the last weekend of High Season, weekends are always busier than Monda-Thursday. Check out the Crowd Estimator in Vacation Planning for hints.

6) I found info on the web that only 1 item per person will be signed and the item must be purchased from the event, so odds are that means only the book or prints will be signed. Because it's such a short signing time you have the right idea, get there early!!

If you take a look through the newly updated Resort Guide, and through the posts on the DLR Discussion boards you might find some other helpful tidbits.
    Last edited by NotaGeek; 08-03-2009 at 02:24 AM.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thank-you so much! Being on the east coast, I will wait until early this afternoon to call and get reservations for the Blue Bayou. Mom and I are already expecting hot weather days, but we are not on a trip to see / ride everything there is. My concern is how fast the time will go! Once again, thank-you so much!

Post Thanks / Like

On thing that I really noticed when I was there in July was that DCA seemed to be about five degrees hotter than DL just because they have little shade and lots of pavement. Have a hat and one of those spray fans really helped.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great idea! Not sure if I can get my mom to wear a hat, but will work on her. I was able to get a reservation at the Blue Bayou for lunch while we are there! On my travel plans (I went thru Travelocity), it said only 1 person in the room, not two. So I called the motel directly and they changed it to two people, and upgraded the room to queen size beds. Just hope we can see Disneyland from our room! Once again, thank-you so much!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: