Quantcast New Disney Princess Tiana Theme Park Character Debuts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation New Disney Princess Tiana Theme Park Character Debuts

New Disney Princess Tiana Theme Park Character Debuts

by Matt Stroshane
    Associated Press

August 6, 2009

In this image provided by Disney the newest theme park character scheduled to soon debut at Disneyland Resort in Calif. and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Princess Tiana, makes her first public appearance Aug. 6, 2009 at the 2009 National Association of Black Journalists Convention in Tampa, Fla.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that dress is huge like Belle's is wow!
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea on where she will do a meet and greet at WDW? I would assume with the Princesses' in Toontown, but wonder who will get kicked out.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Recent announcements have only indicated that she will be in the Tiana's Showboat Jubilee show at the Magic Kingdom.

It has yet to be announced if they will hold a standard Meet & Greet with the Princess Tiana character.

See
    Tidbits August 2009 for recently announced details about Tiana's Showboat Jubilee.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope she does meets, as I really want to meet her.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

This will be interesting! I am still miffed about what happened to Giselle????

They yanked her like a hot potato...never to be seen again...

Post Thanks / Like

i have heard that when disney does the special viewings of the movie in la and ny, they will have her there to meet, since i'm attending it if i get a pic with her i will definitely post it, along with the autograph (if i can get one lol)
    Just call me Jen ;)

2/11-8/11: WDWCP DHS Attractions - GMR
    Current - GMR/JTA/Star Tours

Previous Trips:
    10/21/10-10/24/10 - Halloween Party
    9/10/10-9/12/10 - Tink Weekend :D
    6/23/10-6/30/10
    March 2010
    March 2009
    10/24/08 - 10/25/08
    August, 2007
    Many, Many more....

Post Thanks / Like

Disney’s Newest Royalty, Princess Tiana, Makes Debut
    at Walt Disney World Resort

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Starting Oct. 26, Walt Disney World guests will be treated to first-ever appearances by Princess Tiana, star of the upcoming Walt Disney Pictures animated feature film “The Princess and the Frog.”

Besides meet-and-greets with guests, Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and other characters from the motion picture will star in “Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee!,” a rousing, colorful procession with a jazz-filled Mardi Gras theme. The good times will roll as festively dressed, bead-tossing revelers lead Magic Kingdom guests to the Liberty Belle Riverboat dock.

The party moves onboard and the Liberty Belle paddlewheels her way along the river with singing and dancing to the sounds of a six-member jazz band. Nearly two dozen Disney dancers join 30 randomly chosen park guests to be part of each show. Original songs composed by Randy Newman for the film liven the production, which will be performed three times daily. Daytime pyrotechnics and whimsical puppetry round out the spirited, 15-minute production.

The 10-week experience at Walt Disney World Resort will run through Jan. 3, 2010. “Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee!” also will dazzle guests at Disneyland Park in California, beginning Nov. 6.

A hilarious movie adventure through the mystical bayous of Louisiana, “The Princess and the Frog” will open in limited release in New York and Los Angeles on Nov. 25, 2009, before expanding nationwide on Dec. 11, 2009.

Beginning Oct. 15, little princesses can enjoy a new Princess Tiana makeover at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at both the World of Disney store and Magic Kingdom locations at Walt Disney World Resort.

Fairy Godmothers-in-Training sprinkle their pixie dust on aspiring princesses with three makeover packages ranging from a combination of hair, nails and makeup to the royal transformation complete with Princess Tiana costume, tiara, wand and more. All children must be at least three years or older to receive the regal treatments.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Magic Kingdom is open 8 a.m.-7 p.m. daily; theme park admission is required. The Downtown Disney Marketplace salon is open 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. There is no admission or self-parking fee required at Downtown Disney.

Advance reservations are recommended and can be made up to 180 days in advance by calling 407/WDW-STYLE (407/939-7895).

When guests age 10 or olderentera Disneyland theme park or Walt Disney World theme park from Oct. 5 through Nov. 22 and present their valid theme park ticket at select merchandise locations, they will receive a special card with details on how to get an admission voucher good for up to $8 toward the purchase of one child’s movie ticket when they purchase an adult movie ticket to see “The Princess and the Frog” at participating theaters from Dec. 11 through Dec. 31, 2009, or until “The Princess and the Frog” is no longer in theaters, whichever comes first.

Card quantities for this promotion are limited. Limit one card per adult ticket or annual pass. Admission voucher toward the purchase of a child’s movie ticket to “The Princess and the Frog” is valid for use from Dec. 11 through Dec. 31, 2009, at participating theaters in the fifty United States and District of Columbia. Guests must activate the code printed on the card by registering at www.activaterewards.com/frog to obtain an admission voucher. Only persons 18 or older may activate the code. Parent or legal guardian must activate certificate held by persons ages 10-17. Card, code and admission voucher may not be sold, traded, copied or replaced, or redeemed for cash. Admission voucher may not be transferred. The promotion is not valid for complimentary cast member theme park tickets. Offersubject to restrictions and change without notice. Visit www.hollywoodmoviemoney.com for a list of participating theaters and further conditions and details.

Post Thanks / Like

i saw the show yesterday for the "soft opening" and it is beyond great! everyone will love it - very lively and great music. I was told they will be doing meet and greets behind the Christmas Shoppe. they were finishing it up when we were there. if you've ever been to a princess and pirate party, it's the place where john smith used to meet.
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

I hope to see the show next week (and hopefully meet Tiana and Naveen as well)!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. My girls are looking forward to meeting them
    10/08 SSR
    05/06 POFQ
    10/02 CBR
    3/00 DxL
    98 DxL
    96 Offsite
    95 ??
    Not sure of the rest

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Does anyone have a picture? I'd love to see one.

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad the other characters from the movie will only be on the showboat.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Cool! Does anyone have a picture? I'd love to see one.
    Here you go -

Post Thanks / Like

We'll definitely have to see the jubilee when we're there in December! Sounds like fun.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Must say, they definitely look like a cute couple! Welcome to the Disney Parks, Princess Tiana!

steve7680768 Guest

Wow..
    She is looking like a barbie doll
    The dress is very cool and is glowing too much..

Post Thanks / Like

Belated thank you Melanears for the picture!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: