Quantcast Tambu Lounge Drinks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tambu Lounge Drinks

Hello all!

We are leaving the MK @ closing (8PM) on out upcoming trip and heading on the resort monorail over to Poly for 9:30 dinner ressies @ Ohana. Since we'll have some time to kill, presumably, I thought we would grab a seat and a drink @ the Tambu Lounge. Could anyone recommend a stand-out cocktail from here? Also, our teenage sons will be with us and would probably like to enjoy a fancy beverage while they wait as well, so could anyone tell me if the Tambu will do Shirley Temples (not on the menu) or virgin daiquiris or something "fun" for them?

Thanks muchly, cheers!

Loyal WDW Fan Since 1983!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I recommend the Lapu Lapu for adults, and the virgin Lapu Lapu for the kids. The adult version is rum, pineapple, and other fruit juices while the kids version is just the juices, with ice and a cherry, all served in a hollowed out pineapple-- so much fun! You can't get more in the mood than drinking out of a pineapple
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I recommend the Lapu Lapu for adults, and the virgin Lapu Lapu for the kids. The adult version is rum, pineapple, and other fruit juices while the kids version is just the juices, with ice and a cherry, all served in a hollowed out pineapple-- so much fun! You can't get more in the mood than drinking out of a pineapple
    And I second this recommendation!!
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

The pina coladas are real good there also. Ask for a 151 floater on top!!

Post Thanks / Like

My husband likes the Lapu Lapu previously mentioned- served from a pineapple. He also likes the Backscratcher, but Lapu Lapu is always his number one choice. I love the Pina Coladas- one of the best I've ever had anywhere!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Yum

The Lapu Lapus are awesome but expensive. They are really just Mai Tai's in a pineapple. (We asked.) But it is fun to drink from a pineapple.There is also some glowing blue drink they make that's good. Don't remember the name. It comes with a flashing ice cube that you keep. I agree also that the Pina Coladas are outstanding!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cather74 View Post
    The Lapu Lapus are awesome but expensive. They are really just Mai Tai's in a pineapple. (We asked.) But it is fun to drink from a pineapple.There is also some glowing blue drink they make that's good. Don't remember the name. It comes with a flashing ice cube that you keep. I agree also that the Pina Coladas are outstanding!
    They're actually not just mai tais in a pineapple, though similar. The Lapu Lapu has a combination of Myers rum and Bacardi 151, making it a little more potent. When you have a mai tai at the Poly and have a Lapu Lapu, they don't taste much alike. The mai tai has more pineapple juice and is a little sweeter.

My husband also likes the Backscratcher. The pina coladas taste better from the beach bar, for some reason (because of the beach atmosphere, no doubt).
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Just BE CAREFUL with the Lapu Lapus. DW likes them a lot. Granted she drinks very infrequently, but one year she liked them enough to have three. All I can say is, boy, that made for a VERY interesting evening. Worst I've seen her in the 18 years I've known her!
    '84 - offsite
    '98 - Contemporary
    '00 - offsite
    '03 - Contemporary
    '05 - Polynesian
    '06 - Contemporary
    '07 - Contemporary
    June '08 - Port Orleans Riverside (surprise Father's day gift)
    Dec '08 - Contemporary
    Aug-09 - CSR
    Dec '09 - BLT
    May '10 - Polynesian
    Feb '11 - CSR
    Nov '13 - CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I agree with the Lapu Lapu's...

... and I have a question?? Can we take our drinks out of the lounge and down to the beach, or do we have to stay in the building?

My DH and I were hoping we could watch Hallowishes on the beach at the Poly, Lapu Lapu's in hand....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Baskscratcher, I get one every time we go. You also get a really cool backscratcher (I have about 50 of them)
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, especially on a weekend night. There are only about 12 stools at the bar and the only time we've been able to get one is a 3 p.m. on a weekday.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for the recommendations! The kids like the idea of the virgin Lapu Lapu, as does hubby! I think I will have the Backscratcher just for variety's sake.

As far as the seating goes, aren't all the tables and chairs directly outside of Ohana part of the Tambu Lounge as well? I ask because once we were waiting to be seated at Ohana and we sat there and a waitress came over to get our drink order. We declined to order, because we expected to be seated for dinner any second, but I assumed we could get served sitting there. Am I mistaken?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MistressGracey View Post
    As far as the seating goes, aren't all the tables and chairs directly outside of Ohana part of the Tambu Lounge as well? I ask because once we were waiting to be seated at Ohana and we sat there and a waitress came over to get our drink order. We declined to order, because we expected to be seated for dinner any second, but I assumed we could get served sitting there. Am I mistaken?
    That's where we usually sit to order drinks (either while waiting for our table at 'Ohana or just to enjoy separately). I believe you are correct that it is considered part of the Tambu Lounge.
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    ... and I have a question?? Can we take our drinks out of the lounge and down to the beach, or do we have to stay in the building?

My DH and I were hoping we could watch Hallowishes on the beach at the Poly, Lapu Lapu's in hand....
    Before this gets too far lost in the thread, just bringing it back forward... ... anyone??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh, one more question regarding the Lounge. I was on another site that recommended a seasonal favorite from here: the Pumpkin Spice Martini! This would be right up DH's alley! Wonder if they'll be serving it late September? Definitely seems like a Fall thing...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Before this gets too far lost in the thread, just bringing it back forward... ... anyone??
    I'm not sure, but you can get beverages from Captain Cook's to bring out to the beach, like beer or wine. I'm not sure they would mind you leaving with a Lapu Lapu, which comes in a disposable pineapple, but I doubt they would want you taking their glasses away. Of course, you could ask and see if they can give you takeout glasses. And there is a bar on the beach, open during daytime hours.
    Sherri

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: