Quantcast Stroller??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stroller??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stroller??

This will be our first trip in Sept. with our 4 (turning 5 while we're there) year old. We've been told to carry a stroller. He is big for his age so....should we just rent one from Disney, buy one to bring or what??? Any suggestions???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 6 year old that is motorly challenged (walks, falls, is slow)...no biggy but no way is he walking the parks. I am bringing a umbrella stroller. He used one last year too. Disney's rentals are outrageous. He is really too big for it but I am not carrying that 50lb kid. So, I would say go with a cheap umbrella stroller since he might break it being that he is too big for it. It will be better than walking and I think he will be happy to have it even if it is a little small.

Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot!!! Always nice to have another Alabamian on the boards.

If possible, I would suggest bringing your own stroller. Yes, it's a bit of a hassle, but WDW strollers are now running $15/day. Add that up and over a 4-5 day trip you've spent enough renting a stroller to buy a really nice one. So, for our youngest we've just brought our own the last 2 trips.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

to intercot

You will need a stroller. If you can, I would buy one and bring it with you (since you won't need it for too long, you might even be able to borrow one from a friend, or try a second-hand shop).

The strollers at Disney are just too expensive, but I know that our DD needed one on our first trip (she was 6), she just got too worn out by the end of the day.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Definately bring your own, my ds has gone the last three years(he'll be 6 in Oct) He's used a stroller at some point on every trip, plus it's great to have in the airport if you have a super long walk to the gate or baggage claim. Another plus is it's great to carry bags around the parks, I have those mommy hooks on mine plus my diaper/tote bag w/tons of stuff in there so my stroller does the work for me. Have a great time!
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

bring one from home, it is cheaper and more convienent.
    you can keep him in it while waiting for busses or for walking to your car late in the day..
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Bring your own. It's especially handy after a long day at the parks when you get back to your resort and you have another long walk to your room.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Majority wins! Thanks everyone for your input. Now to find a stroller! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I took two 4/12 year olds in June and you will need a stroller! We endup buying 2 at WDW since it was still cheaper than renting one. I would suggest ordering one from a place online but it also comes in handy at the airport. You don't realize how much walking is involved just getting to the plane.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We bought a Graco Ipo stroller which folds up like an umbrella stroller, only weighs about 17 lbs. and holds a child up to 50 lbs. It also reclines and has a small basket underneath. It was around $80 from Amazon with free shipping. We also got a cup holder/junk holder that straps onto the handle and comes in very handy. It was around $10 and I think it was made by Sunshine Kids also on Amazon. We also have a sunshield that extends the visor that is on the stroller (very short and doesn't really help) which I think is made by Kiddopotomus at Babies R Us.
    Off-site - 1984, 1988 (2)
    Disneyland - 1993
    All Star Movies - 1999
    All Star Music - 2002
    Polynesian - 2006
    Coronado Springs - 2007
    Port Orleans Riverside - 2008
    Caribbean Beach - 2009
    Pop Century- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Disney Dream - 2013
    Yacht Club 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buy One

I have a three year old and a six year old and both needed carriages from getting tired from walking. I would buy two cheap umbrella carriage and just leave it in Disney.

Also, does anyone know how to post your own question???????????

HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure for Disney World, but at Disneyland, Disney Visa holders receive free stroller rentals . . .might be worth checking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendybird View Post
    Not sure for Disney World, but at Disneyland, Disney Visa holders receive free stroller rentals . . .might be worth checking.
    Just DL not WDW.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I am on the other side of the fence on this one. We rent a double everytime we go. I just plan on the cost when saving for the trip. It is expensive, but I don't worry about lugging it on and off the transportation or about it getting stolen. They are great in my opinion- lots of room, handle well, and shaded. I set a blanket in the bottom for some added cushion. The last time we were there my girls were 5 and 7 and could go all day due to the fact they were in the stroller and rested. We are returning in Oct and we will rent a double again for them ages 6 and 8!
    Hope for a Cure!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kevinkbl View Post

Hi! to Intercot.

It's pretty easy. Let's say you want to post a question in The Water Cooler. Click on The Water Cooler. Up near the top of the list of posts, underneath the "User CP" you'll see a button marked "New Topic". Click on that, enter a title for your post, then drop down into the text box and type up a storm. When you're done, you can click on Submit New Thread or Preview Post at the bottom of the text box. If you preview, once you're satisfied it looks the way you want it to, click on the Submit New Thread button.

That's it! You're done!

You'll get the hang of it, and pretty quickly it will just come as second nature to you.

Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

1326 miles from the most magical place on earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevinkbl View Post
    I have a three year old and a six year old and both needed carriages from getting tired from walking. I would buy two cheap umbrella carriage and just leave it in Disney.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!
    Did you figure this one out?
    July'05 - Offsite
    July '06 - AKl
    April '07 - offsite
    July 08 ~ AKV!
    April 09 - SSR 1st time as DVC Member!
    July 09 - AKL-Kadani Village/SSR...
    Dec.'09- AKV
    May '10- Beach Club
    June '11- AKL
    July '13- AKL
    Feb 14 - Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Towers
    October 15-AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto....definitely need a stroller....
    4/83 - off site
    4/84 - off site
    9/88 - Disney Inn - Honeymoon!
    4/98 - CBR
    5/00 - POR
    5/03 - POR
    5/05 - POR
    5/06 - SSR
    11/06 - SSR
    5/07 - SSR
    7/07 - OKW
    5/08 - SSR
    12/08 - SSR
    9/09 - SSR
    11/09 - SSR
    7/10 - POP
    7/11 - SSR
    2/12 - BW
    5/13 - BW
    9/13 - BW
    5/14 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I think the stroller question at that age depends on the individual child. I had one that refused to ride in one at that age and one that preferred it. You could always try without it and need be buy one there. They had really sturdy looking umbrella strollers at the park gates. I think they ran about $40. Maybe someone here can verify that or you could call WDW merchandising and I'm sure they would know.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely bring your own, just in case. Odds are you will need it at some point. We took a good jogging stroller last year for our then 2 and 7 year olds to share. It worked great, but it was a pain getting it on and off the bus so this year we are bringing a heavy duty umbrella stroller. While renting is more convenient, it's almost $100 cheaper for us to bring our own (even after the cost of the stroller).
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I am also in the other camp. We Rent.
    FIrst trip we brought ours and found out that we really never needed it other than in the parks.
    Next two trips we rented and liked this so much better. NO need to carry it around, folding and unfolding it. We also found that our kids lOVED the Disney strollers and they were very easy to push around. They were bigger and much more comfy for our kids, who were not toddlers and are tall.I also love the nice canopy and big easy pockets for our stuff.
    We also found that many days our kids wanted to walk the first half of the day, we just rented one when they got tired. They really see and do so much more when not in the stroller.
    The best though, was our last two trips were strollerless and they did awesome and never once got tired or complained. Yippee.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: