Quantcast Debit card and over the counter service?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Debit card and over the counter service?

I just LOVE - LOVE - LOVE this website - so much information from people who have been there. Great!! Anyway, I am now planning my Oct. trip and I would like to use my debit card primarily - do the over-the-counter type eating places accept these? food carts? Is it better to have cash? Any info would be helpful and thanks inadvance.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For CS meals - Disney will be more than happy to take your money in whatever manner you'd like to give it. Yes, cash, credit, debit, Disney Dollars, DDP are all accepted.

I'm not positive on the food carts, though. They do accept DDP and have a card swiper but I'm not sure if it works on the same platform as credit/debit cards. I'm sure someone will soon give you a firm answer on that one.

Post Thanks / Like

For quick service, you can use a debit card. Some of the food carts are set up to take them and some aren't.

You may not want to do it, but just so you know that you can-- you can use your debit card to establish charges on your room key. You can set a limit and the card is automatically charged when it reaches that limit, and then you can reset it. I find it especially handy to keep track of purchases because you can get a full printout of your daily spending (where and when and how much) to help track your budget while you're there.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - I will be staying at Shades of Green and I'm not sure I can charge on my room key with that hotel. I will definitely check. Again, thanks so much.

Post Thanks / Like

We pretty much use plastic exclusively in the parks because it's so easy and we don't have to worry about how much cash to bring. I have yet to find a location that didn't accept credit/debit cards, food carts included.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    We pretty much use plastic exclusively in the parks because it's so easy and we don't have to worry about how much cash to bring. I have yet to find a location that didn't accept credit/debit cards, food carts included.
    Yes, but sometimes the machines go down and it's cash only until they go backup. We usually put everything on our room key, but I always keep about $40 or so in cash just in case the machines aren't working. It hasn't happened often, but I've had it occur a couple of times.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

SoG guests don't have room charging privileges in WDW.

Even the carts accept debit/credit cards. Good suggestion about carrying some cash just in case the systems are down.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: