Quantcast Just have to tell everyone! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a blind child too. Our younger son just turned 3 on the 6th of September and we are going for his third trip to WDW the first week in November. We have found all the characters to be very accomodating with him once we tell them that he is blind. I think the characters must get guidance/training on how to interact with different types of personalities, abilities and so on because we noticed that, at least on previous trips, the characters would motion to us to take our son's hands so he could feel their face and head. We liked that he could experience them like his big brother only in a little different way, like he does most everything else. However, on this up-coming trip it may be kind of hard to explain to him why the characters don't talk like they do on Mickey Mouse Playhouse and the various cartoons because he now associates a voice for each one. If anyone has any suggestions on that part, I'd love to hear them!
    We're almost complete...
    Disney Magic
    Polynesian
    Coronado Springs
    Caribbean Beach
    Port Orleans
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Wilderness Lodge
    Grand Floridian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Animal Kingdom
    Boardwalk
    AS Sports/Music/Movies
    Pop Century
    Disney Institute
    Fort Wilderness

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

With Jarroth...I just tell him what they are doing...tell him how they are acting and stuff. He is old enough to know why they do not talk anyway. I would not know what to tell you. his situation is so rare anyway...as far as multipul dis. Goodluck on that one

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your magic with us. Have fun planning the new trip.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome posts! We have taken our three year old with Downs the last two years and the characters always make such a fuss over him. He loves them. He screams with joy everytime he sees one. I shared this story with a CM, and told them how much he loves the 7 dwarfs. The afternoon parade manager found out about it, and low and behold we were told to meet at a certain location at a certain time. We walked through the door and there they were all seven dwarfs! He went crazy kissing and hugging them. It was possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen. This past year we had so many magical experiances Disney truly takes care of special kids!
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: