Quantcast Best Tip You Learned From Intercot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Tip You Learned From Intercot

Each day I am reminded of my Intercot friends and how much all of you have helped me plan wonderful vacations for my family.

The best tip I have ever learned from this site is simple but I love it!!!

The tip is when you eat at a CS location with your children and they get a kid's meal it comes in a plastic black Mickey-shapped plate. Someone on here said to wipe it out with a wipe and take them home to reuse. I am constantly reminded of our days at Disney and so are my children. FYI, these plates have been in use since October of last year and go in the dishwasher daily...I love this tip!!!

What is your great tip?
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Use Magical Journeys for booking trips!

Although this hasn't aided my being compulsive about looking for better deals, Denise can always match or one-up me on whatever I find!

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite tip I have learned from this boardi is this. At CS buy a Double Cheeseburger meal and an extra bun. Then take one of the patties and make a second sandwich. Share the drinks and fries and you have 2 meals for the price os one. This is especially awesome if you are using the DDP.

Post Thanks / Like

At counter service, ask for a cup of ice water instead of buying bottled water.

Post Thanks / Like

Easy.....the best tip I ever got was there was a Guest Assistance Card available for my DS to use on our visits. He is a special needs child with autism and devolopmental delays. That card has made all the difference in the world for us!

Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belster View Post
    Each day I am reminded of my Intercot friends and how much all of you have helped me plan wonderful vacations for my family.

The best tip I have ever learned from this site is simple but I love it!!!

The tip is when you eat at a CS location with your children and they get a kid's meal it comes in a plastic black Mickey-shapped plate. Someone on here said to wipe it out with a wipe and take them home to reuse. I am constantly reminded of our days at Disney and so are my children. FYI, these plates have been in use since October of last year and go in the dishwasher daily...I love this tip!!!

What is your great tip?
    We do the same thing. When we mentioned this to CM's at the CS locations, they have sometimes given us an extra clean plate to take home. The kids love them.

Other great tips we've gotten on Intercot are use the retractable/clickable sharpies for autographs and one-time someone posted info about a 15% discount on the photopass disk. Not a huge savings, but enough for a couple of at the Mexican pavillion next week.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

The tip to book with MJ was already taken, so I'm going to have to say it is to try Beverly. Yeah it's gross, but it makes for some great inside jokes with my family now.

ºOºprprincessºOº

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Last year during our trip my DD's asthma really starting acting up. She ended up pretty sick with a low grade fever most of the trip. After a couple of days we realized that the poor thing just couldn't keep up and we would have to rent her a wheelchair. (or stay at the resort for the rest of the trip) I had read here about resorts having wheelchairs for guest to "borrow". Thankfully CSR had one available and let us use it for the rest of the week. It saved us a ton of $$$. Thanks intercot!!!
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I first read about Garden Grocer on this site. We used them for the first time on out last trip, and will use them from now on! It was awesome to have all of my groceries waiting at the resort when we arrived.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

That jorts are a fashion faux pas!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, since the "use MJ" card has been played, I'll go with making ADRs for must-do dining. This goes back to our first trip in 2000, when we didn't even know about "Priority Seating" and such. Recommendations on Intercot were to book Chef Mickey's for our then 27-month old son. Well, we did & we had such a great time that we wanted to return again during our stay. Upon inquiry, we found Chef Mickey's was booked for the remainder of our vacation for both Breakfast and Dinner, so this was the only time we got to eat there that first trip.

Needless to say, now dining is a huge part of our vacation - and we are ADR maniacs! I can't imagine a vacation where we couldn't eat at LeCellier, Chef Mickey's, Ohana, Whispering Canyon, Mama Melrose, Sci-Fi, and Crystal Palace!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Shippping a box of snacks, poptarts, etc. ahead of our trip to ourselves at the hotel. Saved oodles of cash and ensured we had what our DD liked. We we also shipped stuff like fans and other items we didn't want to carry on the flight. These days it's cheaper than airline luggage fees.

Post Thanks / Like

That you can't see it all in one trip. I read that over & over before our 1st trip so going in I knew we couldn't see it all so I was more relaxed about it. We are about to go on our 4th trip & I still haven't seen it all. lol
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

1.That we could get a fridge free at the value resorts because of my daughter's medication needing to be kept cold.

2. That instead of dessert on the DDP at CS locations you can ask for a bottle of water instead!
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...so many to choose from...briansmom already mentioned the GAC...I am going to have to take it back to the year 2000...back when everyone did not know about fastpass...wow you guys were on top of that. I went in kowing what was up! Also I loved the one about at animal kingdom..going through the Rainforest Cafe' and going through the entrance there...hehehe. Gotta love that one. BUT my #1 answer is...having people tell me that I am completly normal to think that the ONLY place there is to go is Disney World...and that it is normal to come home and go through a depresssion. Im serious..I was scared that i was not normal with the way I felt. I have been all over the world..yet now...i say why go anywhere when there is DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

There's 3 things that I've taken away from this sight:

1.) If you have your own car when you go to the parks take a picture w/your cell phone or digital camera of where you're parked (ex: Goofy 60-65). Then when you come out of the park ath the end of the day you'll know exactly where you're going.

2.) Before you set off for the day have each family member pick an attraction/show that they REALLY want to do at the park that day. Know that your goal for the day is to do those attractions and anything else you get to do is just a bonus.

3.) having the kids make there own autograph books befor we left home. It was a great way for them to pass the last couple of weeks before the trip, they LOVED drawing pictures and decorating their books, and when we were at the parks they were so proud of showing off their artwork to the characters and the characters loved seeing their homemade books.
    April 2015 - CSR
    May 2013 CSR
    December 2011 Bay Lake Towers
    May 2009 off site
    November 2007 off site
    December 2004 off site
    October 2003 off site
    Feburary 2002 Poly
    December 2000 CBR
    October 1999 CSR
    October 1994 off site
    May 1990 off site
    May 1984 off site
    November 1979 off site

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread! There are just SO many though...

Okay, this is truly a life-changing bit of advice I got from Intercot. Everytime you stand up (bench, bus, restaurant, monorail, whatever), LOOK BEHIND YOU as you start to walk away. Make sure you haven't left behind your umbrella, bag, camera, sunglasses, child, etc. In all seriousness, life-changing. I do this all the time now, after first Disney trip, and it has saved me grief more than once. Intercot ROCKS!
    Grand Floridian 09/01
    Port Orleans Riverside 09/02
    Port Orleans Riverside 05/04
    Polynesian 09/09 - 10-year Anniversary/DD 3rd Bday
    Port Orleans Riverside 09/13 - 15-year Anniversary/DD 8th Bday

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home...unless you're going to Disney!"

Post Thanks / Like

To always check w/my fellow Intercoters for any and all new info in or about the World!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

dinning reviews-i have tried so many places i may have never tried
    daily planning- we have made the most out of every trip minute
    parcs- when the best time to visit each parc
    CCR-queen beds
    so,so many to mention
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Default get to parks early

The single most important advice I received is to get to the parks early. I am not a morning person and would not have done this naturally, but it is essential IMHO. There are SO many other great tips. And yes it is nice to know I am not the only crazy WDW fanatic.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media: