Quantcast ?? About tipping when the part has more than 6 but is made up of more then 1 family

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question ?? About tipping when the part has more than 6 but is made up of more then 1 family

Hi there;

the title should say "party" not "part"... sorry!

We will be traveling down in a few weeks. Free Dining DDP. There are 6 total, 4 in our family, and then my husbands aunt and uncle (2)... we planned all our dining together. I know when the waitstaff comes to the table they will ask to see our card, and their card. 4 TS's will be charged to our card and 2 TS's will be charged to theirs. My questions is... if it is automatic added gratuity for 6+... will they add the tip that would be applicable for my family on our card, and the tip applicable to aunt and uncle on their card? Or would it all be on one? Or would it not be automatically added since we are a part of 4 and 2?
    Last edited by Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM; 08-29-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The tip will be added to the bill since it's a party of 6, the party of & party of 2 doesn't make a difference there. The tip amount on each check should only pertain to the meals billed on that check.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Even though you are two parties since you are 6 people dining together the tip will be automatically added. We once had a two parties that had all dinners together and even when we were seated at different tables, even a few times with different waiters (which really ticked me off), the tip was still included since we made the reservation for 6 people or more. I didn't mind so much when we were all seated together, but come on....not when we had different waiters.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

Like the other posters have said, they will add the grauity, but the gratuity will be split on each check. We traveled with another party last year and this was our experience.

This year there will be three parties together!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

"With six, you get Eggroll", and 18% automatic tip at WDW.

Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no problem with the 18% and 20% "recommended" tipping amounts being placed as options on my bill, but it appalls me when the 18% is mandatory at all meals, especially buffets, because there are 6 of us.

What if I think only 15% (or less) is appropriate? Also, how do they collect the difference if I leave less cash or place a smaller amount on the credit card than what they list ? I usually tip 15-20%, and sometimes more for exceptional service, but if you are going to make it a mandatory percentage, then it's no longer trully a tip.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with that reply.......on our recent trip we had a waitor who I honestly feel did not deserve the 18% to 20%, but because they put that amount on our bill we felt we had no choice but to give that amount. We were often questioned as to wether or not we wanted to charge our "tips" to our room so we were concerned that if we didn't give the amount they were asking for, there would be a surprise waiting for us at check out.
    JBP

Post Thanks / Like

If you feel the service does not warrant the 18% that is automatically charged, ask to speak to a manager. On the other hand, if you get exceptional service, you can simply add on more.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: