Quantcast What ride 'belongs' to your family, but you let us borrow it when we are there?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What ride 'belongs' to your family, but you let us borrow it when we are there?

What ride seems like you 'own' it because your family loves it so much?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Haunted Mansion Always the first ride of the trip.
    Offsite:73,77,79,82,92,94,98,00,04
    Onsite:Music 06,07 POP:07,08,09

Post Thanks / Like

Rrrc
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Ours was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride but someone borrowed it and didn't bring it back.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Splash Mountain is me and DS9's ride. When he was a baby I'd always sing zippa dee do da to him. The first time he rode it it was just him and I, DH had gone back to the room with younger DS. When DS realized what song was playing he said "Mom, this is our ride! I'll never ride this with anyone else!". I love those sweet moments.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few. TTA (aka people mover), COP and Country Bear Jamboree.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Space Mountain. Thats mine. I called it!
    AP Holder since 2015

Post Thanks / Like

The Haunted Mansion is definitely "our" ride...we can recite the dialog right along with the Ghost Host..(we don't of course; that would be annoying to other riders)..we always comb through Leota's Cart for HM themed merchandise, we even eat at Columbia Harbor House just so we can see the mansion as we dine (though it is a fine place for lunch on it's own merit).

I don't mind you guys riding our ride when you're there, but please...be respectful of the happy haunts who dwell there... (please pretend that this menorah is the floating candle holder in the endless hallway-thanks!)

Loyal WDW Fan Since 1983!

Post Thanks / Like

for me it's the Tiki room...just because as a kid, it was one ride that stood out to me seeing w/ my parents.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

POTC.

My nana and my mom loved that ride. (My nana though was only able to experience DL.) They passed the ride down to my sister and me. We love floating along the caverns, the "unexpected" drop, the battle, the song, everything. Thanks for enjoying our ride and please, no flash pictures!

Post Thanks / Like

It's gotta be Thunder Mtn. And since no one else has mentioned it, it's ours.

We've just had too many fun experiences on it. Like when we took the DD on it (at DL) for the first time when she was like 3 and a half and she hated it.

When we rode it the day after hurricane Charley and there was NOBODY there. We virtually did all of MK in like 3 hours. We did Big Thunder, watched the fireworks go off, came back into the station with 2 people waiting to get on, so we did another round, watched more fireworks, back to the station, still no people....one more time.

Or the time we were in line almost to get on and it started to rain, so we said what the heck, let's go anyway without ponchos, and it was raining so hard we couldn't even open our eyes, and we were slip sliding around, and when we got off we were soaked to the skin. I think we would have been drier if we had just jumped into a pool.

Or last May when we are in line at DL and I look to see how long a line there is for the back car (you do know that the back car is the best ride, right?), and who do I see but our DD (she got over not liking it) and her husband. We had no idea they were even at the parks....the exact same days as we were.

So, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, you belong to us.
    Richard

1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 All Star Music
    2004 Coronado Springs
    2006 All Star Music
    2007 CBR
    Sept 20 - Oct 1 2009 CBR

Disneyland - since the 50's - too many times to count (DD used to work the Jungle Cruise so we got in for FREE!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

We have two. COP and TTA! They hold a very special place in our hearts and always will. From the first time we shared the magic of Disney together and all the years with our children. TTA was of course, Wedway People Mover (and always will be) and our little ones would scream "People Mover, People Mover". And they were singing the COP song before they could add 2 + 2.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I claim Jungle Cruise! When DD worked @ DL, while attending Fullerton College, she worked as a 'skipper'. I got to go onto the boat when I would go for a visit, entering at the exit after everyone would get off from the cruise before. That way I got to sit up front with DD. I remember one time I lingered to take pictures of her in costume and a co-worker came over to see why this 'guest' was taking such an interest in the skipper. When we explained that we are mother & daughter, he exclaimed that was hard to believe, since I am so 'normal'! ha!! he knows nothing!!
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

Spaceship Earth is mine.....but I always share with my friends.
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

No one else has claimed it yet so I'm going for Walt Disney World Railroad, simply because it is where we start for our first day in Magic Kingdom when we go to WDW, making it our first ever ride *.

*Inside a park, in truth I class the monorail, ferry and even the parking lot tram that take us to the entrance as extra rides for me to go on. For what it's worth I think we took the ferry the very first time we went.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

I CALL SORIN' ! We must od this the frist thing in epcot except for a usual bathroom break
    My friends are always why do you like it so much and i reply hey im a disney kid
    Ohanna means family, no one gets left behind or forgotten

Post Thanks / Like

My familys is living with the land. It was the first ride we went on there and it signifies the beginning of a great time for us.
    December 07-Pop Century
    December 09- Cabins at the Wilderness Lodge
    "If I could live one day out there"
    [/I][/B][/I][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is the POTC at Disneyland because it opened on my birthday, And my brother's is The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland because he was born on it's anniversary. You could say we have Disney in the gene's.

Post Thanks / Like

I call dibs on Tower of Terror!
    Nice work, pal.

SFTrny Guest

Are we allowed to claim the golf carts at FW?

Otherwise, we claim the boats from FW to the Contemporary.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: