Quantcast Mary Poppins at the Parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mary Poppins at the Parks

Without me even prodding (she is my favorite character), my daughter has taken a liking to Mary Poppins. Yeah! We are headed to WDW next month and I wondered what Mary Poppins stuff we will be able to see there. The only thing I know about is 1900 Park Fare (we already reserved the Cinderella dinner, though). What else is there? TIA!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have seen Mary Poppins in United Kingdom at Epcot and at the sorcerer's hat at HS. I think your best bet is Epcot. I will say if it is in your budget to try the 1900 Park Fare breakfast with her. We had great character interaction and the food was very good for breakfast.
    Sassy2000

Prior to 2007 off site
    Oct 07 AS Music
    Apr 08 AS Movies
    Dec 08 CSR & POR
    Feb 09 Pop

Nov/Dec 09 CBR &AKL
    May 10 CSR
    Oct 10 Poly!!
    May 11 AS Music
    Oct 11 AKV & BWV
    Feb 12 AKV
    Feb 13 POR Royal Room

Post Thanks / Like

We saw Mary outside the Rose Garden in the UK at Epcot just a couple of weeks ago. In past years we have also seen her inside the Toy Store there as well, in an area at the back. I am not sure if she is still there though, since she was out front.

Our BEST interaction ever was at 1900 Park Fare during the last seating of breakfast. She spent soooooo much time with us and our youngest son (who ADORES her).
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

At MK in front of Exposition Hall in the morning. We almost always catch her there with Bert. Also at the UK in Epcot. We have seen her at Norway before the park even opened while we were waiting to have breakfast at Akershus.
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

We ran into her last year right outside of Akershus in the morning. She was really sweet to the kids

Post Thanks / Like

In all my years of visits I have never seen Mary Poppins great info would love to get pic and auto for collection..

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Post Thanks / Like

I was just at WDW two weeks ago and we saw Mary Poppins quite a bit. She was at Epcot in front of the Rose Garden. She was on the train during the Magic Kingdom opening ceremony. Afterward, we saw her near Exposition Hall. She was also inside the Disney Animation building for quite some time. I think that one might be more of a hit or miss though because, eventually, she was swapped out for Mulan. It seemed like she was everywhere.

Bristol, TN but currently in Walland, TN in our motorhome
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen her in the UK, both in the gardens and in the stores. The cast members can usually tell you what characters are going to be there and at what times, so don't hesitate to ask. (And if the first one doesn't know , find someone who does!)

I've also seen her in Magic Kingdom, although I'm not sure exactly where. I believe it was somewhere in the first block of Main Street USA.

Good luck locating her when you're there!

Suzanne Q
    Walland, TN (currently) and Bristol, TN (home base), USA
    Off site 1973 (ressies @ Ft W but locked our keys in trunk & couldn't get to our tent)
    Off site 1975, 1983, & 1987
    All Star-Dec 2004
    Ft Wilderness Cabins-May 2005
    All Star & Contemporary-Dec 2006-Jan 2007
    Ft Wilderness CG, Oct-Dec 2007
    Pop Century-Dec 2008
    Next up: Pop Century, Oct 15 - 30, 2009

Post Thanks / Like

We just missed seeing Mary Poppins on a visit a few years ago. She was just leaving the toy store in the UK at Epcot. We'd hoped to catch her last visit, but didn't. Is she always at 1900 Park Fare?

Post Thanks / Like

I've had trouble finding her in the past. So on our last trip, I booked at 1900 Park Faire and my DD got to talk with her quite a bit. And wouldn't you know it, the next day she was at the UK pavillion at Epcot.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for Mary Poppins "stuff" you can see the dress from Jolly Holiday on display at "One Man's Dream" in DHS. Also, outside the Chinese theatre I hear there is a display window with memorabilia from the premier like photos, programs and tickets. And of course inside the Theatre you'll see the carousel horse from the movie and in the Great Movie Ride queue you'll see the preview of Mary Poppins.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that she was only at the 1900 Park Fair Breakfast, not the dinner. We saw her
    there last visit and she does the photo op before the Supercalifragilistic Bkst.

Post Thanks / Like

That is correct. She is only at breakfast.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by szyper View Post
    Without me even prodding (she is my favorite character), my daughter has taken a liking to Mary Poppins. Yeah! We are headed to WDW next month and I wondered what Mary Poppins stuff we will be able to see there. The only thing I know about is 1900 Park Fare (we already reserved the Cinderella dinner, though). What else is there? TIA!
    Mary Poppins is my favorite too. During our recent trip we saw her outside by the Rose Garden, UK. I also came home with a new mug. It is a silhoutte of Mary Poopins flying over buildings. It is black, light purple and golden yellow. I just love it. Now that we are home, I notice my older son likes to use it.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

During our past trip this August, we went into the Disney Animation building in DHS twice and Mary Poppins was in there both times (different days).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mary

We've met Mary Poppins at the DHS Sorcerer's Hat and at Toontown.

If MP is a favorite the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare is the sure thing but I see you have dinner already reserved there.

Post Thanks / Like

She is always at the DHS hat and also can be found randomly at the animation studios building near the UP characters. She is generally on Main Stree in the AM at MK.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Last October we were able to get photos with her (with no wait) on Main Street at the MK. It was a few hours before MNSSHP.
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

We have seen Marry Poppins and some of the penguins in HollyWood studios in a building near the back of the park. (I'm not sure of the name?) We have also ran into her at Magic Kingdom. Cast Members will be more than willing to help you find her! Have a magical vacation!
    ...the most magical place on Earth

Most Recent visits:
    06- BoardWalk
    July 08- off property
    November 08- BeachClub
    October 09- BeachClub
    July 2010-Coranado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

This summer at MK Exposition Building.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: