Quantcast Baby at Disneyland

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby at Disneyland

Does anyone have any experience with a baby at Disneyland? I'm thinking about going on my birthday because I will have free entrance to the park. My daughter will be 6 1/2 months. She's usually pretty laid back and very curious, so I thought she would enjoy it, but I've come across a lot of people who think bringing her would be a bad idea. Any thoughts or experiences you have would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I brought my DD the first time when she was 3 months old. She did fine that time. I didn't really do many rides with her (she had colic). Take advantage of the baby care center. It is great. I would not hesitate to bring a baby. She won't remember it, but you will and have the great pictures to prove it.

My DD is now almost 10 y/o and we have had passes since she was 15 mos. As a toddler she loved going to Disneyland. She would cry when we left the park.

I would go have a great time and Happy Birthday.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't plan so much around whether or not your baby will enjoy the trip but rather will you be able to enjoy yourself.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

My son was 7 months when we brought him.
    He had a great time and so did we!
    Although she won't remember it, you will
    I cannot wait to go again when he is a year old
    Enjoy your trip! It is going to be magical whatever age
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

My son was 10 months the first time I took him. There is so much for them to see and watch. I exposed him to everything Disney before we went, that way when he saw Mickey mouse bigger than life for the first time he smiled and giggled. We even took him on Pirates! o.k. He was a bit bigger than 6.5 months. The baby center is a God sent! They have everything you need if you forget anything there is one in both Disneyland and California adventure. They have private rooms for nursing and a great changing area that is all ways spotlesly clean! Microwaves for heating food and bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at DLR right now with a 6 month old. We rode POTC, ETR, HM, BL Space spin, S. World, Nemo, TSM, Alladin show, almost everything in Fantasyland. Used baby care centers, Its been great so far.
    I won the "Name the crocodile" contest.
    Anyone want a slightly used Pygmy war canoe?

1984 WDW-first trip
    1998 DLR
    July 2003 CBR
    Nov 2004 POP Century
    2005 DLR- Paradise Pier
    2009/2010 DLR- Halloween Party
    April 2011 - BW Park Place
    October 25, 2011 Halloween Party
    Sept 17-27 POR-RGR

Post Thanks / Like

I brought my youngest son to Disney when he was only 7 weeks old. As long as you keep them safe, cool, comfortable (reclining stroller), dry and fed they are pretty happy just being with you.
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

My boys have been going to DLR regularly all their lives. Being "locals", I saw no other way.

My older son went for his first visit at 4m. My younger son...8 weeks! Older son is now 5, younger is 3 1/2. We have always gone about two times per month, on average.

Having a baby in DLR is pretty easy. The park is small. There are ample places to sit and rest, to let baby nap, that are QUIET. The baby care center on Main Street is fabulous, and easy to get to from anywhere in the park (due to the small layout of DL). Fantasyland is great, esp. the outdoor rides like the Circus Train, Storybookland boats, Dumbo, Carousel (you can sit on the stationary chair), Teacups (if you don't spin them, they go very slowly around). Other favorites for babies: Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room (this one is a MUST--just get ready to cover baby's ears during the "thunderstorm" for a few seconds), Winnie the Pooh. SMALL WORLD! You can also ride the big steamboat around the river, the Steam Trains, and then let him/her play at Goody's playground in Toontown. If there will be more than one adult, you can use "baby swap" to ride some of the bigger rides. One of you waits with the baby, the other rides, then you switch, and whoever was waiting w/ the baby gets to go on immediately, through the exit. It's great!

DLR has lots to see, great music (including live performers on Main Street) to listen to, and is, in my opinion, a MUST for babies/toddlers. I can't imagine why anyone who lives close enough and has babies doesn't take them all the time! I mean, it's FREE entertainment for the kid until he/she turns 3!!! Not much around that fits that bill. Of course, mom and dad have to pay.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler