This past weekend, we watched much of an episode of the Suite Life on Deck - just before Meet The Robinsons on the Disney Channel. (Although we own the DVD, we love the movie and my children were excited by the commercials.) In any case, we joined the Suite Life show in progress; but, what I saw left me both curious and concerned.
When we joined the Suite Life, one of the characters was being convinced that he needed to live in the real world, not through an online game. Ok. BUT, they went on to convince this teen that he should arrange a meeting with his online girlfriend ?????
Sure enough, they met. It turned out that the girl was indeed a female teen and was, in fact, perfect for him, and they started dating in the real world . . ...
Did anyone here watch this whole episode? Was there some warning or explanation at the begining of the show?
What we saw seemed like a very inappropriate message. I ended up sputtering through the begining of the movie, as I didn't want my children believing this was safe . . ..