Quantcast McDonald's pulls sponsorship and fries stands - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I never really liked them being in the parks in the first place and was happy to see them leave. I felt it really cheapened the parks and started them down the same path as Six Flags with over priced brand name Fast food that you could get anywhere and for a lot less money. I hope Disney has learned from and doesn't do the smae thing with another chain.

I feel the same way!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't miss them. Thankfully the McDonald's by All Stars is still open though. I MUST have my iced coffee fix.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

I avoid McDonalds totally.
    Never cared for their food except when I was desperate and nothing else was available.
    PS I have the same feelings about Burger King.
    If, on a rare ocassion I want a fast food burger,I much prefer Wendy's or White Castle.
    The only positive thing I can say about McD's or BK is that its a good first job for teens.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason, I thought McDonald's pulled the fry carts out a while ago. I may have had them as a snack a couple of times - I am not really a fan of Disney's CS fries but I don't go out of my way for them. Is the McD's in DTD closing too?

Quote Originally Posted by PETE FROM NYC View Post
    I avoid McDonalds totally.
    Never cared for their food except when I was desperate and nothing else was available.
    PS I have the same feelings about Burger King.
    If, on a rare ocassion I want a fast food burger,I much prefer Wendy's or White Castle.
    The only positive thing I can say about McD's or BK is that its a good first job for teens.
    I love White Castles -- one of the good things about living in queens.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Hold the Fries

I don't go to WDW or DL for the fries
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped eating french fries a year ago to help with my blood sugar, which has gone way down, so I can't say that I miss them. Also, I've dropped some weight and I feel a whole better.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, I like fries. It had been awhile since a Disney visit, probably the late 80's, the penny arcade was still there. I finally got to go in 2006 and I saw the little french fry places with mcdonalds on them and I thought how pitiful it was. I could not believe they had that in Disney. I must say, I am glad they are gone. They just did not belong. I was really stunned, at how the World had changed, maybe now it is changing for the better. I would feel the same way about any other chain restaurant being allowed in the park. It turns it into something else. See ya Ronald, go play in the sand at a beach near you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1010 View Post
    I'm not on one 'side' or the other....but.......

......I think it's 'okay' to miss them. Perhaps some people actually like them. Who are we to wonder why people like McDonald's fries.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I won't miss the fries, but I will miss the dino themed ads in front of Dinosaur- I thought they were cute.

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's OK to "like" McDonald's fries. I think it's not OK for them to be important to someone.

I recently heard a co-worker of mine say, "My child knows which brand of chicken nuggets are the right brand and she won't eat any others. I only buy her the right brand because anything else would be a waste or money." This a bad parent doing a lousy job of preparing her child to be a person living on the earth.

PS: I confess I haul Diet Mountain Dew to Disney World in my checked luggage.

Post Thanks / Like

To the OP--it's understandable that you miss the fries for nostalgic reasons. It sounds like you have some fond memories of the time spent with your mom that is associated with them.

I was not a fan of the fries (or McDonald's), but I have similar memories associated with the ice cream shop on Main Street in the MK and would be disappointed if they closed that down.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
    As a previous poster stated I cant get upset about McDonald pulling out. I can go almost anywhere and get McDonalds stuff.

When I go to WDW I am looking for something that I cannot get at home. My famly and I will walk right by the stands or drive by the McDonalds outside of the All Star Resorts.

Why? go for a Big Mac when you can have a real meal.

I know that sometimes a buck is a buck.

My two cents as well.
    i agree
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Its seems most of the people that posted are adults. I tend to think McDonalds was there more for the childern. I do kind of miss them being there for my kids. For example: My daughter fell and skined her knee. The only thing that would calm her down and make her feel better was some McDonalds fries. Its comfort food to kids. While I can see that most adults would have adventurous tastes, kids like food that makes them comfortable.
    Contemporary - 1/09
    Pop - 4/09
    POFQ - 8/09
    Bay Lake Towers - 1/10
    POP - 2/10
    POFQ - 4/10
    POFQ - 11/10
    ASM - 3/11
    BCV - 8/11
    AKV - 1/12
    SSR - 8/12
    SSR - 12/12

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the No, I don't Miss Them column. When I travel, I like to experience different kinds of food. I don't select something I can get on any street corner back home.

Unless I'm staying someplace where all they serve are sheep's knuckles or something weird like that.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Bringing in franchise brands may have been an efficient business model, and as one poster said, it is comfort food for kids, but as a park experience somehow seeing the golden arches felt like an intrusion of the real world. That was a first kneejerk reaction.

However, when I think about it, Disney has had corporate sponsors in all its parks and sometimes the food is from those sponsors so there is not that much of a difference. The sodas and popcorn are from outside companies but is part of the park culture. But yes somehow seeing McD in the parks felt odd. Go figure !
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    șoș WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    șoș TDL 6-83, 9-91
    șoș DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT84 View Post
    Bringing in franchise brands may have been an efficient business model, and as one poster said, it is comfort food for kids, but as a park experience somehow seeing the golden arches felt like an intrusion of the real world. That was a first kneejerk reaction.

However, when I think about it, Disney has had corporate sponsors in all its parks and sometimes the food is from those sponsors so there is not that much of a difference. The sodas and popcorn are from outside companies but is part of the park culture. But yes somehow seeing McD in the parks felt odd. Go figure !

I was thinking the same thing about corporate sponsorship...look at Coke. I also dont see where having a McDonald's burger is any different then having a burger from one of the CS places.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, McDonald's can keep their fries, but I hope that your little ritual with your Mom doesn't come to an end. After all, it wasn't really the fries that made those moments special, was it? Maybe you both can start a new tradition by exploring other snack options. How about a Mickey Ice Cream?
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

When you have a child that is ASD with sensory issues, a familiar food such as MickeyD's can be a godsend when at the park. So we will miss them.
    I would not be so quick to judge a parent as good or bad in regard to food. You have no idea what other underlying issues may be at work. If you have never parented a child with autism or sensory issues, then you have cannot fathom how welcome the Golden Arches can be at times.
    Judge not lest ye be judged.

And I know plenty of adults that will only eat or drink certain brands and they are doing just fine living in the "real world".
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeace View Post
    Dose any one else here miss the McDonald's fries stands in the parks.

for me it was a little thing that made the trip feel complete. especially at MGM, while my dad and siblings would go on TOT and RRC, me and my mom would walk to the fries stand and share the fries and talk and catch up.

i know Disney cant control when and if a sponsoring compony decides to remove its sponsorship but a part of me was disappointed to here that McDonald's pulled it and was further disappointed to see the fries stands turned into popcorn stands and what not when i was there last.

so any way, thats my two cents, it there my one else that felt that way or am i the only one.
    I would like to make amends to the op for my first response.
    I don't go to WDW or DL for the fries
    After reading others posts I finally get what you are saying. It's not the fries it is the time with Mom and the fries were a symbol of that. So on that account I am sorry the fries are gone. However you do have your memories and you will make new ones.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

No, I'm personally not senti about McD's fries.
    But if the turkey legs ever go away you will see me bawl!
    CSR - Dec 2009
    POFQ - Jan 2007
    All Star Music - Oct 2003

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: