Quantcast Verizon Mobile - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Mobile

Post Thanks / Like

WooHoo Just got it for my new LG env. I'll be using it the last weekend in Jan. & will let you know how I like it.
    ~~Allison~~ °O°
    Snarky will miss VMK!!!

Happy DVC BWV owner since 1998!!
    PoTC: Rusty Saber, a Proud Seafury!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I got it!!! You can either choose a one day free trial or a 6 mth. app for 9.99...JPL, I hope you get it for your Droid soon ...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

HI
    has anyone heard of anymore updates for this? We're hoping they'll have it for the Blackberry soon.

Thanks
    Brian
    Sept 99 Caribbean Beach
    Sept 00 AS Music
    Sept 01 Wilderness Lodge-Our Wedding
    May 02 AS Movies
    Sept 03 AS Movies
    Sept 05 Pop
    Sept 07 Pop
    Sept 08 Pop
    Sept 09 SSR
    Dec 09 AKL KV
    Aug 10 AKL KV
    What is it about WDW that makes you want to go back the same day you get home?
    Proud Owners-DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Verizon/Disney app on our recent trip to WDW and was very happy with it! We mainly used it for weather, fast pass and wait time information. We never used the games, characters, or favorite options. I would definitely buy this app again.
    1976- WDW Contemporary Garden Wing
    1985- Grad Night WDW Magic Kingdom
    1986-1989 WDW and DL day trips
    Nov. 2007- WDW Wilderness Lodge
    Jan. 2010 WDW Wilderness Lodge
    Jan. 2011 WDW Pop Century & Villas at Wilderness Lodge

"Slap me thrice and hand me to me momma!"---- Mr. Gibbs

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to try this on our next trip coming up in May. I have Verizon Wireless and have a Voyager. How much is the app. and how much does it cost to use it? I'm not too much of a tech person so any info would be helpful.
    Thanks!
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

I think the cost was $10 for 6 months. We used it the last weekend in Jan. We liked the weather and fast pass info as well. I also liked the trivia questions while waiting on lines! I would get it again!
    ~~Allison~~ °O°
    Snarky will miss VMK!!!

Happy DVC BWV owner since 1998!!
    PoTC: Rusty Saber, a Proud Seafury!

Post Thanks / Like

I just hope they get on the ball and make it available for the Droid before my trip in June
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard if this application will be available for all cell phone carriers or with Blackberry? Are there any Disney Park app. for Blackberry?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't answer the app for Blackberry because I have no idea, but it's going to stay on Verizon for at least a few years I believe. I think that's how long the contract lasts with them.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoDisney View Post
    Has anyone heard if this application will be available for all cell phone carriers or with Blackberry? Are there any Disney Park app. for Blackberry?
    I know that Mobile Magic isn't available for the Blackberry yet. There are plans to roll it eventually but no specific date has been given. As far as other Disney apps I really can't answer that because I am not sure what's available for it.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from a week's stay in WDW. I used the Verizon App - so if you have any questions, shoot 'em my way...

My observations:
    1. You need to have VZ Navigator for it to work - this costs $10 per month and is a GPS type device on your phone.
    So cost is:
    $10 for 6 months of app
    $2 (approx) for download data (one time cost)
    $10 per month for VZ Navigator

2. If you're a planner (as I am) and something of a Disney Affecionado (as I am), this tool (app) is very "cool," but not necessarily helpful or useful.

3. The app is only effective for the park you are in. It works for the other three parks, but its genuine effectiveness is only good in the park you're in. It gives very specific times for the park you're in currently. It gives much more vague times for the other parks (this includes when you're at your resort).

4. The app is exceptionally accurate. This applies mostly to the park you're visiting. If you're in a park, let's say Epcot, and it tells you that the Standby time for TT is 90 minutes, that is exactly what the posted time is for the standby line. Same rings true for the FP return times - this is a very accurate application!!!

5. We used it primarily for fun (a trivia game vs. others using the app is included) and to find out if FP's might be available late in the day at some popular attractions.
    We travel during busy times (President's week this past week) so we plan ahead. The app didn't help us during the day, but it was a lot of fun. People around us were intriqued by it, and even many CM's had no idea what it was. There were loads of Disney fans (hardcore) who were questioning us about its use.

If anyone has specific questions, I'll do my best to answer them!

It's fun, a bit pricey for most, but a nice thing to have. As I said, if you're a planner, it's not really necessary to have.

BTW - I used an LG EnV3 - and my only gripe was that the keypad had to be opened up to use the app. You couldn't use it (on this phone) on the phone pad only (the cover of the phone).
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I am very glad to hear your report. I too have the LG ENV3 but do not currently use the Navigator. So I would be incurring all $22 of the charges if I decided to go with the app. I know what you are saying about having to open the flip. I have to do that with some text messages-it may not be convienent in a park with bags in hand and what not After hearing your report, I think that I will pass...

1) I usually have a pretty solid park plan. I am a scheduler.
    2) We will be ther Dec 3-7, 2010 - not a typically busy/crowded time. At least to the point where it would be hard to manage attractions.

Again thanks for the info. I found it very helpful.
    ~~~~~~Stephanie~~~~~~

December 3-7, 2010 Poly LVC
    April 13-18, 2009 Poly LVC
    Feb 8-11, 2008 Poly LVC
    March 07 - Poly LVC
    December 06 - Poly LVC
    October 05 - CR
    June 04 - Grosvenors
    March 02 - Off Site
    November 00 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I am a Sales Rep for Verizon Wireless. To answer a few questions that I know the answers to..

- VZ Nav requirement: I have not heard of this being mandatory for the use of Mobile Magic App. There is no reason it should be mandatory that I can think of. Of course, you location will have to be turned on the device in order to use the Mobile Magic App but I do not think you HAVE to have a subscription to VZ Navigator.

- Mobile Magic App on DROID: Unfortunately this isn't a Verizon designed application but is hosted by Verizon. Meaning when you download through Get it Now it's charged onto your Verizon bill. With a DROID the applications and done completely through Google's "Android Market" and purchase of any DROID apps are charged through Google, NOT Verizon. Disney can and just might design the same app for DROID but I wouldn't count on it. There is, however, an app i found called "Ride Hopper." It's a user submitted application so therefore it isn't very reliable but if used correctly and by many people it could be effective.

I'm slightly confused as to why there is such a defined list of what Get It Now capable phones are able to use the application. It seems to me that all Get It Now enabled devices should be able to get the Mobile Magic app but maybe that not the case, which I don't understand at all. (Hey I just work there, haha)

If there are any questions feel free to ask and I'll try to answer. Being that I'm in Tennessee and have never spoken with a customer about the application...I haven't really been exposed to it to answer many questions about it.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
    Walt Disney

Who's keeping count anyways?!? We all just love the place.

Post Thanks / Like

I find that very frustrating since Verizon Customer Service told me it would be available on the Droid before I upgraded my phone
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I find that very frustrating since Verizon Customer Service told me it would be available on the Droid before I upgraded my phone
    Jeff,
    I completely agree with you!!!

I went to the Verizon store - these people know less about apps & Verizon services than I do.

They told me the only phone that would operate the Disney app would be the Droid.

I'm glad I didn't listen to them.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

A little off topic but I have to reply to the last two posts. What I love is when I buy a phone and then start having troubles with it and then do research to online in the cell phone forums and discover it is a widespread problem. Then I take the phone into verizon tech service and they try to act like it is the first time they ever heard of the issues and do not want to replace my phone. Right now I have a lg env touch that is the biggest piece of junk I have ever had. The touch screen is useless on it. You punch one persons name and it calls someone four down even though the correct name lit up or you punch a name and it takes off scrolling 30 names down. I hate, hate it, hate it. Took it into verizon and got the "We haven't see any problems like that" line. lol They are obviously trained to play dumb to save on costs of fixing/replacing phones and to instead try to sell.

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you that have smart phones, but can't use this app, check out m.disneyworld.com

It's not quite the same as the app, but it's a decent substitute for folks who aren't on a Verizon phone that supports the app.

It will give you the general demand level (low, moderate, high) and will be able to tell you if Fast Passes are available. The site seems a little slow to me, but the network may just be slow right now.

I'll be heading to WDW in less than a month, so I'll come back with a full report on how accurate it actually is!
    Caribbean Beach August 1992
    Pop Century March 2008
    Beach Club April 2010
    Vero/BLT August 2011
    VWL July 2012

Next trip - Beach Club August 2013

Post Thanks / Like

The Disney Mobile website is ok but doesn't give you half the information the App does. The doesn't really update the demand status it just an estimate. The app gives you realtime wait times. I think the point people who have smartphones like myself are trying to make is we were sold the smartphones for applications just like this one!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the kind word on Verizon Employee (such as myself) Maleficent's Dad and 1DisneyNut.

Anyhow... on the DROID, as I've mentioned there is an called "Ride Hopper" it is getting more and more popular. The higher the popularity the better the results. It's user submitted so it's not official (like Disney's Mobile Magic) but it seems to be pretty nice to have. Also you have the option of the m.disneyworld.com website via Android OS, RIM OS, Palm OS, WinMo OS, or anything with a browser. Hey it's still just as good as what the iPhone has to offer!

In addition to "Ride Hopper" there is also "Touring Plans.com" that offers a good subscription service for wait times, shows, etc... I believe it's 8.99 for a year subscription and I've read good reviews online but can't comment on it myself.

In regards to 1DisneyNut's comment on the enV Touch. Yes there are issues with the LG enV Touch and you are right WE KNOW ABOUT IT. You could imagine the uproar from customers "wanting a different phone" if we said ...yeah sorry, deal with it. However, please e-mail LG. They are the manufacturer of the device that you purchased, we sell service, not phones. So please don't throw your device at your local customer service rep (it's happened to me). Also...be sure you have the V09 software on your enV Touch..if you don't then therein lies your problem. Give to your "greeter" at local Verizon Corporate store and tell them you need a software upgrade, they know exactly what it is.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
    Walt Disney

Who's keeping count anyways?!? We all just love the place.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure wish they'd come out with it for the blackberries. We've been patiently waiting but still nothing.
    Sept 99 Caribbean Beach
    Sept 00 AS Music
    Sept 01 Wilderness Lodge-Our Wedding
    May 02 AS Movies
    Sept 03 AS Movies
    Sept 05 Pop
    Sept 07 Pop
    Sept 08 Pop
    Sept 09 SSR
    Dec 09 AKL KV
    Aug 10 AKL KV
    What is it about WDW that makes you want to go back the same day you get home?
    Proud Owners-DVC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: