Quantcast boma

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: boma

Post Thanks / Like

Question boma

i am planning to eat at boma on my next trip!(the highlight, as we had wanted to stay at AKL) i have heard a lot of good things about it, but i just wanted to hear some more opinions on the food, service and environment

Also, what are some other must-do restaurants throughout disney world???
    '03-All Star Movies
    '04-Port Orleans Riverside
    '05-Port Orleans French Quarter
    Spring '10-Pop Century
    Fall '10-Coronado Springs

Nothing's Impossible.
    Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
    Alice in Wonderland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding on all counts! You will love it. The only drawbacks that I found were that it was a buffet and the place gets pretty crowded. But the food is wonderful! Great selection of unique food as well as staples. Make sure you save room for the dessert bar!

Post Thanks / Like

Food: Outstanding. I start with the soups, so many delicious soups! And then just go through and try everything I can manage before I get full. Save room for dessert. We took small portions, just a taste, so we could sample as much as possible, and it was all so good, but we want to go back because we couldn't get to everything.

Service: Good. Our drinks were refilled and plates whisked away with efficiency. At a buffet, who could ask for anything more?

Atmosphere: Fair. The AKL has fantastic atmosphere, and that helps make up for a lackluster space in Boma. It's clean and accessible, maybe a little too cafeteria-like, but again, for a buffet, it meets expectations.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Terrific Food!!

I agree with previous posters- Boma Rocks!!
    Even if you have picky eaters in the group you can all find something that you LOVE.
    Yes, it is cafeteria-like in seating.
    However each station has a chef there to explain food & to prepare something if requested. I.E. my husband is allergic to Bell Peppers- he saw a soupd that he really wanted to try...but when we asked the chef he replied that it did have bell peppers...OK, end of story--or so we thought.
    We returned to our table, and like 10 minutes later the chef brought out a freshly made batch- without the bell peppers- it was out of this world!!
    We make it a definite part of every trip now.
    I don't as a rule like buffet's but that being said- at WDW they are taken to another level.
    I have never had a bad meal at any of the signature restuarants. If you really like food- and can afford it I really recommend any of them.
    Most of the restuarants at Epcot are also delish.
    Personal faves- the rest. in Canada, England, Morroco, Italy, & France!!
    50's Prime Time in Studios is good- very home-cookin' like, so if you prefer fancier fare I'd recommend elsewhere. (They do have large portions that are very good)
    Hope this helps- Happy Eating!!
    Magical Disney Memories, '79, '83, 95,96,97,98,2/2000, 9/2000, 11/2001, 11/2002, 4/2003, 11/2003, 11/05, 2/07, 2/08 -world's greatest family reunion! 1/11-18/2010 15th wedding anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

I loved everything about boma but the food.I am a VERYYYYY pickey eater and could not find much. I would go back though just to be at AKL and enjoy the whole feeling about this place. I think everyone should try it and see for themselves.
    WORK TO PAY FOR DISNEY
    2020 June SOG
    2017 MNSSHP POP
    2014 August Shades of Green
    2012 August POP
    2008 September POP
    2007 April Shades of Green
    2004 April Shades of Green
    2001 March Shades of Green
    1998 December Shades of Green
    1995 March off site

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with most other posters, Boma is two thumbs way up! We were fortunate enough to get bumped to the AKL the year it opened (my my what a bump, from POFQ) and fell in love with the lodge. As we were staying there, we checked out Boma one night. OMG - DH always insists this one is on the list. Honestly, it is the only reason I get out of paying for us to stay there - he is apeased with spending one night browsing around the lodge and eating at either Boma or Jiko (both very different, both very good).

Service is buffet, it has always been good...but sometimes better than others (depending on your server). It is rather loud, especially during crowded times. The buffet itself is laid out well that allows folks to walk around those that are really pondering what to get. We generally get a taste of most things and same with the dessert bar - which sadly fills us up too quickly. This is one of the places we are glad we walk so much each day to help offset our overeating.

HIghly recommend staying here if financially possible, but a great alternative is spending a casual evening here checking out the lodge and eating at Boma (or Jiko for a splurge).

Post Thanks / Like

Very Good!!

Good food, I have had good service and I never found it over crowded.

Very good for breakfast as well!!
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

I think I gained 10 pounds at Boma alone last time we ate there. I had so many bowls of soup they were all so good. And all the desserts were fabulous. Everything had great mixes of flavors. It was my FIL's birthday and they embarrassed him quite well. Can't wait to eat there next month!! And the AKL is great to walk around and look at too.
    Everyone must do Hoopdedoo at least once.
    Le Celier is great (one of my sons says the green beans are the best ever) and we love Chef Mickeys.
    5/97-offsite 2/99-AS Sports 12/99-AS Movies 12/01-AS Sports 4/03-Disneyland 12/04-Port Orleans Riverside 5/05-Beach Club 12/06-AS Movies 10 yr anniversary 12/09-AS Movies-1st trip for our Princess 11/13-Port Orleans Riverside 9/14-AS Music - Night of Joy 2/16 - Caribbean Beach - senior trip

Post Thanks / Like

Ate there last Friday and it was great on all accounts. It's a must for us every trip. We like sitting in Victoria Falls (bar above Boma) before dinner for a drink.
    Now waiting for Dec. 14th, so we can eat dinner there again.

Post Thanks / Like

One of our best meals in August...We loved it...There were some soups that I crave and would love to have...Our waiter was THE best...His family grew up about an hour from where we live and he knew about our town...We will go back again...
    Just to let you know, we were told that its a revolving menu and the buffet is different all the time...Any question we had about the food was answered in detail and we loved that...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

It's the best buffet around. If you are staying in AKL you can go for a tour before it opens. My DH and I went for the tour and Chef showed us all the dishes and explained what each one was. We weren't able to eat there until the next evening, but the chef told us if we saw something we liked from the tour and it wasn't available the night we went to ask for him and he would get it for us. It is our favorite restaurant and we go there every trip.

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It sounds great! cant wait to get there! thanx all!!!
    '03-All Star Movies
    '04-Port Orleans Riverside
    '05-Port Orleans French Quarter
    Spring '10-Pop Century
    Fall '10-Coronado Springs

Nothing's Impossible.
    Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
    Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like

We're trying Boma as soon as we arrive on January 2nd and I can't wait!!
    DVC Owner since 2005: SSR
    DVC Owner since 2011: AKV

Post Thanks / Like

Just ate there 2 weeks ago and loved it.. Want another good place?? SANAA... very very good...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: