Quantcast Activities for my mother?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Activities for my mother?

We are going to WDW in March and staying at AKL for the first time. My mother turns 79 in January, and will be coming with my family of four and two of my sisters. What are some things that my mother might enjoy doing, both at the parks, and at our resort? I really want her to enjoy her visit, and I realize she won't want to do all the things that my family wants to do. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Mar. 2006 - Offsite
    Sep. 2008 - Coronado Springs
    Mar. 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    June 2014 - Caribbean Beach/Yacht Club/Offsite
    Sep. 2016 - Yacht Club

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You know your mother and her likes/dislikes. Maybe she would enjoy the shows at the different parks. World Showcase at Epcot. Etc. Maybe some of the the attractions like Small World, POTC, TTA, Carousel of Progress, and other attractions of that nature. As for AKL, I haven't been to that resort so I don't know what they offer.

I had my 85 year young father at Disney's California Adventure (Disneyland Resort) a few years ago. He enjoyed Soarin over Calif. and the Aladdin Musical show. I know now at the age of just shy of 90, he would like the attractions I mentioned above.

I am sure others will fill in what ever I may have missed, and have more suggestions. Have a great trip
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We always tryed to take my mother-in-law and she would do most of the activities with us. At some point she would get tired and like to just sit and people watch and get a cup of coffee or something to snack on. She had a great time but let us know when she had had enough. She really enjoyed doing things with the grandkids but at that point we weren't doing big thrill rides.

Hope you have a great time
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

We took my Mom with it on one of our recent trips, and were actually quite surprised that she was willing to try a lot more than we expected!

We bought her a Disney planning book before our trip, so she was aware of the rides, shows, etc and asked her what she thought she REALLY wanted to do, and made sure we worked that in.

She loved Mission Space (green) and Soarin'. They were by far her two favourite rides, although she enjoyed everything. There were a couple of times she chose to stay back at the resort, as she was just too tired to keep up, but generally we did our regular Disney-trip with her.

When we came to a ride that she didn't want to do, sometimes one of us stayed with her (we're pretty wimpy in our family), or she shopped in a nearby store, or just sat, people-watched and enjoyed the atmosphere.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Something I have never done but always thought if my inlaws ever went with us would be for all of the women to go to the GF for the afternoon tea. I know lots of folks say even the guys enjoy it, but I doubt my DH would enjoy it that much knowing he is giving up precious ride time. However, his mother, grandmother and aunt - I think that would be a nice afternoon treat.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree about the GF Afternoon Tea. It was one of my mother's favorite things to do in WDW and it was a great way for my mom, sister, and me to enjoy some girls time relaxing.

Post Thanks / Like

AKL has some nice opportunities. 1. Consider the night vision goggles available on roof. 2. The pool is zero entry and some days in March will be warm enough. 3. Nature viewing on Savannah with the native host.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: