Quantcast Dining Plan for visit over the Christmas Holidays

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dining Plan for visit over the Christmas Holidays

I have also posted a question in the Accommodations Forum about our upcoming visit to WDW. When we visited in January 2009, we purchased the Dining Plan for our group of 5 and would like to purchase it again for our upcoming trip. Our concern is whether we will be able to use the sit down meals because of the large number of people visiting WDW during the holidays. We are starting so late in the game, it maybe next to impossible to make dinner reservations at many, if not all, of the sit down locations throughout WDW. I called the dining reservations center to get an idea about making reservations. The agent was strongly recommending me to purchase the Dining Plan for our visit, but was unable to come up with any dinner reservations in World Showcase for our time of December 28 – January 2. There are no guarantees that we will be able to use the dining plan if all restaurants are booked, so we may end up leaving WDW after 6 days with a number of un-used meals.

What are your thoughts about purchasing the Dining Plan this late with our trip only a couple of weeks away and during a busy period at WDW? I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas you may have.

Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point in the game, I wouldn't consider getting the dining plan unless I had ADRs. I would make them online and if I was able to get enough to make the dining plan a value then I would add it on. You don't need a reservation number to do that but it goes without saying to cancel the ADRs if you wont be using them.

Good luck!
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe think about the quick service plan...??? Just a thought
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

If you are thinking about the DDP, make your ADRs now. As for no room at the World Showcase inns, I'd suggest casting your net a bit further and trying for one-credit ADRs at Cape May (BC), Kouzzina (BW) or Captains Grill (YC), or two-credit ADRs at Flying Fish Cafe (BW) or Yachtsman Steakhouse (YC). They're all out Epcot's "backdoor" and are a 10 minute walk or short boatride away. It also gives you the opportunity to explore the resorts when they're decked out for the holidays (and have their wonderful gingerbread additions ).

Of course, as you say, there's always the QSDP.

Have a magical trip!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the words of advice and suggestions regarding our dining plans for our upcoming visit to WDW. After looking through possible ADR for the week we will be in WDW, we decided to go with the Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining. We were able to make the following reservations:

December 28 – 8:20pm: Hollywood Brown Derby @ Hollywood Studios
    December 29 – 7:30pm: Yak & Yeti @ Animal Kingdom
    December 30 – 9:30pm: Narcoossee’s @ Grand Floridian
    December 31 – 12:15pm: Nine Dragons @ World Showcase
    December 31 – 7:45pm: Maya Grill @ Coronado Springs Resort
    January 1 – 9:15pm: Yachtsman Steakhouse @ Yacht Club Resort

Does anyone have thoughts on these restaurants? We are unsure of the location of the last two reservations, but guess we have a couple of weeks to find directions….laughing.
    Again, thanks for the suggestions on the dining plan.

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lc412000 View Post
    Thanks for the words of advice and suggestions regarding our dining plans for our upcoming visit to WDW. After looking through possible ADR for the week we will be in WDW, we decided to go with the Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining. We were able to make the following reservations:

December 28 – 8:20pm: Hollywood Brown Derby @ Hollywood Studios
    December 29 – 7:30pm: Yak & Yeti @ Animal Kingdom
    December 30 – 9:30pm: Narcoossee’s @ Grand Floridian
    December 31 – 12:15pm: Nine Dragons @ World Showcase
    December 31 – 7:45pm: Maya Grill @ Coronado Springs Resort
    January 1 – 9:15pm: Yachtsman Steakhouse @ Yacht Club Resort

Does anyone have thoughts on these restaurants? We are unsure of the location of the last two reservations, but guess we have a couple of weeks to find directions….laughing.
    Again, thanks for the suggestions on the dining plan.
    I'm completely shocked there was anything available this close....what exactly is going on down there?

You have some good ones....you'll be fine (i'd definitely dump nine dragons though)

Post Thanks / Like

If you have time or aren't thrilled with all your ADR's you can look periodically on the Disney.com website dining reservations tab and check to see if something else opens up. I have done this successfully several times (I am going the same time you are, just for a bit longer) and things do open up from time to time. Brown Derby has GREAT food; it is the only restaurant on your list I have eaten at before.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have a nice variety of choices and a fun time ahead! Hollywood Brown Derby has always been very good for us, and Narcoossee's is one of our favorites.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: