Quantcast It's been a while since.....Part Two

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's been a while since.....Part Two

Today was one of THE MOST magical moments we have ever experienced at WDW (second to our wedding, of course)!

We we decide to head for the studios today after enjoying breakfast room service....quite pricy, but good nonetheless....Ben had the omelet and I had the Belgian waffle. Then I didn't pay attention to the bill, and the delivery person got double tipped. I did not realize that room service automatically added the gratuity onto the bill. I even told him I added his tip into the bill, and he didn't say a single word about it being double. Lucky him that day!

We go to the bus stop and are just sitting there waiting when this family approaches. The kids are wearing lanyards with many pins and the Mom is admiring our monorail collection. I have 11 of the 12, still looking for Coral; Ben has 8. The lady states she likes our collection and wanted to know how I got them all. I told her that I have traded with CMs for some and Ebay for the others. She exclaims she thinks she has one in her collection. She pulls out hands full of pins and starts looking. She had one and gave it to Ben. I tried to trade something with her, but she refused (nicely). We chit-chat a bit about pins and ebay and then she walks away. Her husband is on a scooter waiting for the same bus we are. She reapproaches and starts talking about the kids and their pin collection. Then she walks away again. She reapporaches with two hands full of pins and hands us each a pile and says that these should bring us luck with our collecting and wishes us more luck. I didn't know what to say, other than Thank you. She then starts telling me about the children with her. She and her husband have grown children with a grandchild with special needs, and they were there at WDW somewhere. The two children with her were adopted special needs (although you wouldn't know it to see them) and they were enjoying what they could for the trip as her husband, still on the scooter, had just been diagnosed with stage IV cancer. By this time, I am streaming tears down my cheeks hanging on every word she says. The kids are wonderful, the husband wanted to be sure that they enjoyed what they could before his passing...I couldn't stop crying. I told her she was an angel for adopting these children and she asked us to pray for her and her family...asking for the husbnad to have a painless end to his cancer. I'm not sure what possessed her to just unload this information on me, but I'm glad she did. Things like this make you realize that bad day you are having isn't so bad when you think about what others may be going through. I immediately put out a prayer request to my friends, and I silently prayed for her on my own. We borded the bus after her husband was situated, and we headed for Jambo house. When the bus stopped, the woman approached one last time and handed me another couple of pins and thanked us for the prayers. Again, I'm still crying at this point and the others on the bus keep looking at me in concern. I say something to Ben to get a laugh, and this seems to help stop the tears. This was such a moving experience for us. I just couldn't believe, with all this woman was going through, she wanted us to have success in our pin collecting. I was just speechless. I never got the woman's name, and unfortunately never saw her again during this trip, but I prayed for her many times over.

We get to the Studios and we admire goodies in all the shops. We stop on Sunset Blvd, because we love the shops there, and find a set of matching watches that we fall in love with. They are Citizen Eco Drive Stainless Steel Mickey Mouse Watches...they have a black face and they are beautiful. We weren't quite ready to purchase, because we wanted to see all options. The CM states that they are selling out quickly (of course, they tell you this so you will buy them before they are gone). We don't purchase today, but we will keep looking, just to be sure they are the ones we want. Can't buy first thing, gotta look around.

We go to RnRC and meet one strange situation. Instead of entering the RnRC courtyard, we were met outside the archway by several CMs, we though it was down, but there were many people inside the courtyard. There were roped off areas for FP return (which the FP machines were located in the same area as the ToT FP machines) another one for entering with a card that the CM distributes. The card was given to the people as they enter the courtyard. There were "Bingo" numbers on them such as, B9, and you took the card and entered the courtyard to partake in some interactive actiities. When your number is called, you then enter the waiting line. Kind of weird. The single riders were admitted in without a card as you entered into the FP return, but just went up the regular SRL queue. We didn't wait around to see this in action, but it looked like it kept the folks from standing in that painful hour long line to ride. We were in and out of there in 20 minutes total.

We head for ToT and we ride, the stand-by was 20 minutes, but we waited only 10 minutes. Ben, of course, takes the "motion sickness" exit and we meet at the bottom.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How wonderful you were there to hear the story of that woman and her family. It's clear she has a hard an painful road ahead of her. I'm sure you provided her with some comfort!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

After ToT, we wander around and purchased a lanyard for the many pins that were given to us earlier that morning. Lunch was at Pizza Planet, the usual pizza for us. I receive a phone call from Jessica that she has had a bad day and she needs a drink. So we meet up at Epcot and head right for the France stand for adult beverages. YUMMY!! After walking around the world, we head for our dinner ressies at San Angel. Check out my pix to see what these meals look like, in order of appearance:
    Jessica had the Combinacion Cozumel - Grilled beef tenderloin, marinated shrimp and roasted chayote served with spicy ranchero sauce, poblano pepper mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. - $28.00
    Ben had the Filete Motuleno - Grilled beef tenderloin over black beans and melted cheese, ranchero sauce, poblano pepper strips and fried plaintain. - $27.95
    I had the Pollo A Las Rajas - grilled chicken breast served over red peppers, onion strips, cream sauce, and fresh cheese $24. All was very good, delicious, spicy, yummy. Ben had the bread pudding and Jessica and I had a white chocolate custard with fresh fruit. Delicious!! We were surprised during our dinner by a visit from Will and Shannon from the Magic Never Ends podcast and their Princess Peanut. What a beautiful family. Funny how we live 10 minutes apart, but have to meet up in WDW. Busy Busy Busy! After a quick ride in Mexico, we head on over to the UK to meet up with Will and Shannon to watch Illuminations. Another surprise, we meet up with more friends from Adventures of a Teenage Disney Geek podcast (although the star was still at home, coming the next day) and we enjoyed Illuminations together. We stood and talked for another hour or so and decided we needed to leave, since the park was closed. We met back up with Jessica and headed back to Kidani. Jessica stayed with us since we were heading out to US in the morning. While we were in the room talking, I noticed the pattern on the floor had a Mickey head in it. Duh, details people!

We head off to US/IOA and meet right up with a "Who" from Whoville....isn't she cute? It was overcast and rainy, so my camera stayed put away for the afternoon, but while it was still sunny, I managed a shot of the new Harry Potter castle. We did both parks before 4pm as there was hardly anyone there. I couldn't believe it, maybe a couple of thousand people total. It was nice just walking on most rides. After riding the fire and ice coasters, I needed a break...a bit dizzying riding in the front seat and seeing that other coaster coming at you..plays tricks on your mind. Ben like US better than IOA because he is not a thrill seeker. We really enjoyed the BeetleGuese show, as you can see by how many pictures I took. Ben really liked Frankenstein's bride, she was well "built"! We had reservations for Scifi, but didn't feel like going all the way back to DHS to eat, since we hadn't eaten all day and it was now 5pm. So we headed for CityWalk and got as far as Margaritaville.....DINNER! OMGosh, it was delicious. Jessica had the steak and shrimp combo, Ben had the ribs (which he thought tasted too much like teriyaki) and I had the teriyaki steak. Ben had a Margarita (of course), I had the Havanas and Bananas and Jessica had a.....oh...I don't remember. The pix of the elf is a friend of Jessica's, he was wondering around (Already 6ft tall without stilts) and made balloon animals for the kiddies! We head back to the room and decide it is time for sleep.

Excitement tomorrow as DisneyWhirled and DWHubby are on the plane now and we meet up in the am for a fun filled three day whirlwind!!!!

Pages 1-3 for this installement!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds wonderful. What a special family you met. All of the food looks good, too. I still haven't been to US/IOA. A very action-packed report!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

It's always fun to be able to meet up with others! Sounds like you're all having a wonderful time!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

That's such a sad story...kind of makes you think about people complaining about people on scooters, you just never know....Thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

What a touching event to begin your day with, Kristen. A wonderful story and reminder to go with the season - to be thankful!

We've never been to US/IOA, either . . . perhaps someday! Excellent that you've been able to meet up with so many so far! Looking forward to your next installment.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Live life to the fullest!!
    " I'm Grumpy cause you're Dopey "

CSR MAR 2012
    POR Jan 2012
    WLR Christmas 2010
    CSR July 2010
    A S Sports- Agst 2009
    CBR - ESPN Weekend 2009
    CSR - ESPN Weekend 2008
    POR - Sept 2007
    YC - July 2006
    POR - Christmas 2005

GRUMPY DUDE

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks for the report. Your story of meeting with those amazing folks at the bus stop should make everyone who reads it to take the time to reflect and appreciate, a moving story for sure.
    As for UA/IOA, we have never been but have tentative plans to go there. (In conjunction with a WDW trip, of course!)
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: