Quantcast It's been a while since......Part Four

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's been a while since......Part Four

Today we were supposed to meet for breakfast at O'Hana, J&K needed to pack for bell svc and I felt yuckie....so we cancelled it.....so sad as we love Lilo and Stitch and the fabulous breakfast they make.

We met up with J&K at MK and do some last minute things before they have to leave. I always hate departure day. It's always difficult.We say our quick goodbyes, even though we know it's not forever, it's still difficult. And we head for Epcot as we have Rose and Crown ressies for the Candelight Proc. We have some great food:
    Rose and Crown Meat & Cheese Selection for Two - English-style Cheese and Sausages with individual accompaniments $12.99
    Potato and Leek Soup - Cup: $3.99 Bowl: $5.49
    Surf and Turf - Grilled Steak and Fried Fish with Yorkshire Pudding, Irish Potato Gratin, seasonal Vegetables, and Shallot Gravy $24.99
    Fish and Chips - Battered fresh Cod served with English Chips $15.99
    Cottage Pie - Ground Beef with Onions, Carrots, and Green Peas topped with Duchess Potatoes $18.99
    Chocolate Scotch Cake - with Chocolate Filling and Scotch Ganache served with Creme Anglaise $5.99
    Lemon Pie $5.49
    Sticky Toffee Pudding $4.99
    Welsh Dragon Peach Schnapps, Melon Liqueur, - Créme de Menthe, Orange Juice, and Pineapple Juice Served in a Souvenir Cup $9.50
    Leaping Leprechaun - Bacardi Rum, Skyy Vodka, Melon Liqueur, and Sweet-and-Sour topped with Sprite Served in a Souvenir Cup $11.25
    Then we just wander for a short time as we make our way to the "line" for the show. We were in the second row. Awesome....we really love this show. I felt like I could reach out and touch Whoopie Goldberg! Then we wandered around the art store looking for Jasmine Precious Moments, which every art store says they no longer have. Then we rode the Monorail back to MK and walked to Contemporary to see the awesome Mickey Wreath!

Pages 19-the end for this installment!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you missed your breakfast but endind the day with the Candlelight Processional sounds like a terrific way to end, not only the evening, but the trip as well!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The remainder of the trip was just us hanging out, enjoying the music, entertainment and the decorations. We spent our final day at Epcot....buying goodies like gingerbread, enjoying the VoL, cancelling our 1900 PF dinner ressies and going back to Nine Dragons again. We really enjoy it, and 4 times in two trips...we must be obsessed. We decided not to hang around because the crowds were horrible. Wait times for everything were more than an hour. The wait for Soarin' was 165 minutes. NOT!

We went back to our room and finished the packing for bell svc tomorrow.

After a not so good nights sleep, we called BS and stored our bags while we went to BOMA for breakfast. Always good food! Then we headed for Epcot and picked up a few last minute items we needed. I always get depressed on departure day. It's so sad to leave the happiest place on earth...even though I know the next trip is less than 6 months away, I still hate leaving. Today was warmer than the rest as you could tell by all those wearing shorts and tshirts instead of jeans and sweatshirts.

One thing we will be sure of next year, the crowds after the 18th get crazy.

We are going on a three night cruise that we recieved from DVC after buying more points at BLT and want to do some land time too. I though, originally, that we would do sea first, land after......new plan. Land first, before the crowds get too crazy and then sea on the 16th.

We get on DME and are at the airport in no time. We start unloading our bags and a skycap guy approaches and asks if we need help. He loads our bags and asks if we have our boarding passes yet. I was checked in because we did purchase the early bird with Southwest. We received A 21 and 22. This man took us right up to a counter, checked our bags, printed our boarding passes and we were on our way in less than 10 minutes. He received a nice tip for that stellar service!!! Then we were off! BOOOOOOO.

Sorry the end of this was so blah, but we really didn't do anything besides people watch and just soak up the atmosphere!

As of the day I post this, 151 more days til the next trip! Can't wait! Our new home, BLT, will be the destination and we can't wait!!!!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry you started to feel unwell. Great reporting. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

It's always nice to have the next trip to look forward to! Thanks for your reports! They were fun to read!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, aren't the last days spent at Disney bittersweet?! I'm sorry that you were still feeling icky for the remainder of your trip - it sure does put a damper on those days you aren't quite yourself.

Wonderful trip reports, Kristen. Thanks for taking the time to share with us. Looking forward to your pre-trip report in less than 150 days for your return!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I enjoyed the reports, thanks for sharing your trip with us.
    How's the planning going for your next trip?
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: