Quantcast PhotoPass for DVC

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default PhotoPass for DVC

I called MS to get the code for $50 off my purchase of the PhotoPass CD and got it quickly but I am a bit confused by the email. When I purchased the PhotoPass last time, which was in 2008, I went to that special site to get the discount but had to pay for it before our trip. If I understand the email correctly I don't need to do that this time. It sounds like I go to the site after our trip look at the pictures and make any changes, add borders etc.. then add the discount code once I put the CD in my cart. I don't want to return from my trip and find out I can't save the $50 because I didn't pay for it ahead of time. Has anyone done this yet? I am a bit confused by this new method

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression that DVC guests didn't get a Photopass Discount. Was it Member Services that gave you the code?
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

The new system for all who stay onsite (and yes currently DVC members have to go via member services) is you get an email code for a discount. You can only get it in the few weeks before you leave but you don't have to pay any money or commit to buying until after your trip has finished (ie 30 days after you claim the photos)
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

I think the 30 day timer starts the day the pictures are taken. So, 30 days after your trip there will only be pictures from your last day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fanofdisney View Post
    I called MS to get the code for $50 off my purchase of the PhotoPass CD and got it quickly but I am a bit confused by the email. When I purchased the PhotoPass last time, which was in 2008, I went to that special site to get the discount but had to pay for it before our trip. If I understand the email correctly I don't need to do that this time. It sounds like I go to the site after our trip look at the pictures and make any changes, add borders etc.. then add the discount code once I put the CD in my cart. I don't want to return from my trip and find out I can't save the $50 because I didn't pay for it ahead of time. Has anyone done this yet? I am a bit confused by this new method
    I have done this. Go on your trip, claim your pics when you get home. Make your modifications. Put the cd in your cart, and apply the code MS sent. You will get $50.00 taken off the price. You have 30 days from when you claim your pictures to order your disk, unless the photopass people send an email stating they are extending your viewing time. Hope this helps, enjoy your trip.
    Dance like nobody's watching.
    1976 The original Ft Wilderness
    2002 WL
    2003 FW
    2004 FW
    2005 FW
    2006 BCV/AKL
    2006 FW
    2007 FW
    2008 FW
    2009 FW
    2009 VWL/BCV

Post Thanks / Like

so how much does the CD cost after $50 off?
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoriSan View Post
    so how much does the CD cost after $50 off?
    It's still $100. And so you all know: people who rent your points cannot get this $50 discount email. It can only go to members. I know, because I'm renting and can't get the code from the member I'm renting from. Apparently it's a courtesy to members only.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the info. I thought I was reading it wrong but I guess not. I am happy to hear I don't have to pay for it until I return.
    Seanyred-yes, you call MS and let them know you would like the code to get $50 off your PhotoPass and they will email it to you. They say it could take a few days to get it but I got mine about an hour after I called.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

I want to make sure I'm understanding this completely. I will not get the email with the code unless I call and request it? How far in advance of our trip should I make the call?
    Thanks, guys. I don't understand why they just don't email all of us automatically like DIsney Travel does.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you have to call to get the code, doesn't make sense to me either You can call once you are at your 45 day mark up until you arrive/check in, but I don't think I would cut it that close

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thank you, I have now marked the date on my callendar.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Default thank you

thank you for this thread- we just got back and I had no idea there was this discount- I called DVC member services and within 24 hours they emailed me the code. You basically put $50 into my hands! (no- you're not getting it back!)
    -Jim ("My name's Jim, but most people call me...Jim") Born 10/1/71- The day WDW opened! "A new life has begun, when two of us are one, and we live to keep the promise- we'll go on."

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I am so happy I get so much good advice/help at Intercot I am so happy to be able to help someone else. I hope you had a great trip and got a lot of pics.

Post Thanks / Like

I am here at the moment. You have 30 days from taking the first photo to claim your pictures and once claimed you have another 30 days.

I also have a friend who is renting points and she was able to get the code for her renters but she was the one who had to ring member services. She did tell them it was for a renter. It does seem the deal is for anyone staying onsite but isn't always easy to get.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

I called member services today because I'm only 30days from my next trip. Anyhow, it took the CM on the phone awhile to to make the request but two hours later I had the e-mail with the promo code.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: