Quantcast Remodeling at WDW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Remodeling at WDW

Is there alot of remodeling going on at WDW at this time?? A friend of mine said she heard that it would be better to go in 2013 when all remodeling is done. I know they do renovations here and there every year.
    November 2018 - Coronado Springs/Pop Century
    October 2017 - Disneyland
    March 2017 - All Star Sports & Boardwalk
    October 2015 - AKL Kidani
    March/April 2014 - Pop Century Resort
    Nov/Dec 2005 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Nov/Dec 2004 - Pop Century Resort
    February 2003 - All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

WDW is in a constant state of flux. There are no plans for anything in 2013 because they don't plan that far in advance.

Sounds more like trying to justify putting off a trip if you ask me.

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Your friend may be thinking about the Toontown rehab that will take a couple years. This is only one area of the MK, although a big area, and will not affect the other 3 parks nor will it have a lot of effect on MK until late in the construction.

Post Thanks / Like

or maybe they are telling you to not go until the expansion of fantasyland is complete, which from what i hear is around 2013.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me like your friend was talking about the Fantasyland renovation. That has not started yet, but will be fairly large and will take up until 2013 to complete. However, only a few parts will be effected (Fantasyland will still be open, Toontown not so much) and the renovation will complete in phases so certain parts will open earlier. I wouldn't put off a vacation because of this.
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, all three of us at once thought the same thing...
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Pop Century - April '08

Post Thanks / Like

She said she had seen on Travel Channel there is a 4 year remodel of the entire Magic Kingdom and they are adding rides and stuff to all the parks. She thinks even a new country in Epcot. She said it’s the biggest remodel in the history of Disney World.

I didn't know what the heck she was talking about. I've been to Disney during renovations before and it's never a big deal.

Thank you for your responses.
    November 2018 - Coronado Springs/Pop Century
    October 2017 - Disneyland
    March 2017 - All Star Sports & Boardwalk
    October 2015 - AKL Kidani
    March/April 2014 - Pop Century Resort
    Nov/Dec 2005 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Nov/Dec 2004 - Pop Century Resort
    February 2003 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

It is a very large remodel, and most likely the largest in history. However it is covering area that for the most part is currently not used (the old 20K Leagues lagoon and building area). Of course Toontown will be closed for this but IMHO big whoop.

Now as far as a new country at Epcot, I'm pretty sure I haven't heard that as a rumor yet.
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Pop Century - April '08

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you from pictures that there A LOT of refurbs going on. The pictures of the MK look...well, look ugly. The moat is drained, the Crystal Palace has walls 25 feet high, Splash Mountain is walled off - it looks real bad. I hope it doesn't look as bad when I'm there next week as it does in photos.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I can tell you from pictures that there A LOT of refurbs going on. The pictures of the MK look...well, look ugly. The moat is drained, the Crystal Palace has walls 25 feet high, Splash Mountain is walled off - it looks real bad. I hope it doesn't look as bad when I'm there next week as it does in photos.
    Where did you see the photos? I am going down to WDW at the end of feb, and i want to make sure i still want to go if it looks as bad as you said.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

ºoº "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don't think it looks bad at all. I go to WDW at all times of the year and there's always a few work-walls up here and there. This doesn't look much worse than that. I mean, I'm not NOT going to go to Disney World just because there are refurbs going on... otherwise I'd NEVER go to Disney!
    You can find pictures if you just google "Cinderella Castle Moat Drained" or "Crystal Palace Refurb".
    The walls around Crystal Palace are NOT 25 feet high. They are the standard height of refurb walls - maybe 9 or 10 feet? And same with Splash Mountain - just standard walls to stop people from getting into the lineup or getting too close to construction. The castle is getting a 25' painted scrim around just the bottom portion (like a curtain painted to look like the bottom of the castle). Hey, it's that time of year. Better they do these things now than in the middle of the summer when it's crowded and space is at a premium.

Gator, you seem still extremely upset by the fact that Splash Mountain is being refurbed as well as the castle & moat while you're there. I know you can only go at certain times of the year but I strongly suggest you cancel your trip if it bothers you this much. If you're going to be bothered that much by the "ugliness" while you're down there, perhaps you won't enjoy your trip and it's not worth the money. Why not spend your money on a Caribbean trip or something else where there wouldn't be any refurbs to bother you? Not trying to be 'snippy' if it sounds like that. Just my two cents because your posts seem to all be complaints against WDW lately.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Gator, you seem still extremely upset by the fact that Splash Mountain is being refurbed as well as the castle & moat while you're there. I know you can only go at certain times of the year but I strongly suggest you cancel your trip if it bothers you this much. If you're going to be bothered that much by the "ugliness" while you're down there, perhaps you won't enjoy your trip and it's not worth the money. Why not spend your money on a Caribbean trip or something else where there wouldn't be any refurbs to bother you? Not trying to be 'snippy' if it sounds like that. Just my two cents because your posts seem to all be complaints against WDW lately.

Isn't that the point of these message boards for people to discuss their opinions on all things Disney?

I for one have seen the pictures of the walls up as well and yes they do look bad. HOWEVER, this is because the pics are of just that attraction and it's walls. I bet if you saw an overall view of the park it would not look as bad as these pictures make it seem. The pics were posted mainly to update people on the refurbs and were meant to show only that portion of the park.

I wouldn't cancel your trip just because of refurbs!
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Pop Century - April '08

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Gator, you seem still extremely upset by the fact that Splash Mountain is being refurbed as well as the castle & moat while you're there. Just my two cents because your posts seem to all be complaints against WDW lately.
    I keep checking websites to see if WDW is adding more Fantasmic Shows, because it's me and my kids favorite. Instead, they keep shuttering things. And this is not way in advance this is days and weeks before we get there. Splash Mountain, Crystal Palace, the Castle, Sunshine Tree Terrace (wife's favorite), Test Track.... Sure, I'll have fun. But the Castle won't be at it's maginicent best. I get to hit great rides, but not my favorites (SM and TT).

In what will be my last trip for years, I wanted to do and see all these things. And I have a right to complain about it to people who should know how I feel. If all these things were happening during your trip, we'd be here to pat you on the back and say we understand.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I keep checking websites to see if WDW is adding more Fantasmic Shows, because it's me and my kids favorite. Instead, they keep shuttering things. And this is not way in advance this is days and weeks before we get there. Splash Mountain, Crystal Palace, the Castle, Sunshine Tree Terrace (wife's favorite), Test Track.... Sure, I'll have fun. But the Castle won't be at it's maginicent best. I get to hit great rides, but not my favorites (SM and TT).

In what will be my last trip for years, I wanted to do and see all these things. And I have a right to complain about it to people who should know how I feel. If all these things were happening during your trip, we'd be here to pat you on the back and say we understand.
    your beating a dead horse with the complaints about the closers....trust me, we all know your upset. I swear if i was as upset as you, id do something with those plane tickets and come to disney another time. Surely there is a work around.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

If all these things were happening during your trip, we'd be here to pat you on the back and say we understand.
    Psst... I'm going to be down there during the same refurbs as you, but no back-patting is necessary. Can't wait to read your trip report!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Refurbs or not, if your in WDW you still gonna have a great time! Just an excuse to go back again & experience the rides/attractions you did not do/see the 1st time.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Gator, I dont know if this helps you or not, but while Crystal Palace is closed, Liberty Tree Tavern will host character meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in an all you care to eat family style fashion.

Hope that helps.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

I totally get the disappointment, Gator. We did a day trip to MK on 12-30-09 with a family visiting from Chicago. My 5 yo son is finally tall enough for SM, and we couldn't wait to get there and experience it with cherished friends. We got to the park and raced to SM to obtain a FP.. none to be had.. the ride was closed down, but did re-open. We checked periodically through the day/night for the wait , but standby line was consistently 120 minutes. Needless to say we didn't ride that day. My DS was disappointed, but we moved on and had a wonderful time. Hope you have a great time despite the disappointments!

Post Thanks / Like

Is Tetst Track closed?? Hopefully it reopens by the time we go next month. It's my son's first trip and he would LOVE it.

BTW...I was told Crystal Palace is set to reopen on 2/16 - we have reservations.
    Colleen

First trip in '87
    Next Trip in 02/10

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redthread View Post
    Is Tetst Track closed?? Hopefully it reopens by the time we go next month. It's my son's first trip and he would LOVE it.

BTW...I was told Crystal Palace is set to reopen on 2/16 - we have reservations.
    Here is what I am aware of:

Magic Kingdom

* Crystal Palace Restaurant – closed for refurbishment through February 15, 2010.
    * Splash Mountain – closed for refurbishment through February 27, 2010.
    * Cinderella Castle – facade refurbishment January 12 through March 31.

Epcot

* Test Track – closed for refurbishment through January 17.
    * Living with the Land – closed for refurbishment January 18 through February 5.
    * Cantina de San Angel – closed for major renovation in January for an undetermined period of time. Taqueria Del Lago will remain open.

Disney's Hollywood Studios

* Prince Caspian meet-and-greets ended on January 9, but the Narnia walk-through attraction will remain open.
    * Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular – closed for refurbishment through January 15, 2010.
    * Studio Backlot Tour – closed for refurbishment February 15 through March 27.
    * Studio Catering Company – closed for refurbishment February 15 through March 27.

Animal Kingdom

* No currently scheduled refurbishments.

Resorts

* The Dig Site feature pool at Coronado Springs – closed for refurbishment through January 31.

Water Parks

* Typhoon Lagoon – was scheduled to reopen January 9, 2010 after annual refurbishment.
    * Blizzard Beach – closed through March 20, 2010 for annual refurbishment.

Elsewhere

* Cirque du Soleil – La Nouba – performs Tuesdays through Saturdays.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: