Quantcast The worst meal I've ever had in Disney - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to have hijacked your thread DunkieKong. I'm regret that you had a bad experience and I hope that things improve as they mature as an establishment. Has anyone else eaten there?

TC.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Never ate at the Wave...didn't much care for the menu...now the CP...we had a horrible meal and then last May we tried again (granddaughter needed to meet the characters) and I was pleasantly surprized...so...I would eat at the WAVE again, 'cause everything deserves a second chance. We ate at the California Grill; three times...first two were wonderful...the last one, well, lets just say we both were sick that night and most of the next morning...so, you just never can tell.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

the worst meal that me and dw had at WDW was without a doubt Mama Melrose, this was nothing short of disgusting. im italian, so i know what to expect at italian resturants, anyway we were excited because we had gotten the fantasmic dinner package and we always enjoyed the lovely aroma comimg from this ts resturant. our aps were ok nothing great just ok, then the main course came out and i had ordered a pasta dish as did my dw, and it was completely unedible. it was like eating garlic balls it had sooooooooo much garlic in it that just from the few bites we took our breath smelled for days, it was gross, the garlic actually over took everything else on the plate, it was really really bad, so much so that it made our dessert bad as well because our tongues were laced with garlic that wouldn't leave our body. now i know that some people love garlic, and we're not those people, garlic is ok to a point but to have explode the entire meal was a real shame. since this happened we haven't gone back and probably wont. honarable mention goes to Tony's Town Square, 2 times there for dinner and both times we were very disappointed , but i wont bore you with that.

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Worst Table Service:
    Tie between Tony's and marrakesh

Worst CS:
    ABC Commissary

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not the worst meal we ever had was at O'hanas. We were very excited to eat there on reviews from INTERCOT. Well, I guess we went on an off night. The meat was way over cooked, even after asking for 'fresher' meat it still wasn't appetizing. Everthing else was sub-par. I think the highlight was the bread pudding. Someday we will go back and try again.
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
    I am sorry that you did not enjoy The Wave. DH and I ate at The Wave in October and enjoyed our meal very much. I think some places really do have "off nights". Although I totally understand being so turned off that you would not want to go back. This was our experience with 1900 Park Fare at dinner.

Here is a review of The Wave that I gave when we got back:

I loved the butter that was served with the whole grain bread. They sprinkle smoked sea salt on top of the butter - it was so good!

We got the shared appetizer - seared tuna and chicken filled summer rolls and it was so fresh and yummy!

For dinner DH got the lamb shank which he said was awesome and fall off the bone tender. (I tasted some and agreed!) I got the linguini with little neck clams and shrimp in a chunky tomato broth. Again, it was wonderful! The tomato broth was so fresh tasting as well.

Desserts are kinda cool. You get 3 small ramikins filled with your choice of dessert. There are 5 different choices including a sugar-free option. I got the "Decadent Flavors" which was blueberry compote with yogurt gelato, lemon cornbread with vanilla panna cotta and chocolate mousse with salted caramel (YUM!). I really liked getting a taste of 3 different things.

Overall, we really enjoyed our meal at The Wave and would definitely visit again!
    We had the same experience in September, our meal was wonderful, DH had salmon, Ds had the chicken pot pie and I had the filet. We each ordered different desserts and shared, although not the crispy cruncht one! We also had a terrible meal at 1900 Park Fare and would not go back.

Post Thanks / Like

Boma will NEVER try again gave it 2 trys its the worst flavored food ever

Ohana's gave this 3 trys and never ever again...

BEST Teppon Edo
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

We must have gotten the exact same table as the OP. I got so sick of my hair blowing around as servers whooshed past us the entire time. The place was only about 1/3 full at the most, too.

The restaurant wasn't even half full when we got stuck at the table too. I just didn't understand why, if there were plenty of open tables, they would seat us in the only bad seat in the house.
    In need of a Disney World fix really bad.

Dunkie

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't tried the Wave yet. I have heard very mixed reviews...have been wary of trying it because of those.

Worst meal for us hands down is Sci Fi at HS. Yuck. I wanted so badly to like it because the theme is cool. But the food was yucky. I don't remember if I had a burger or a chicken sandwich, but it came out lukewarm and slathered in way too much barbecue sauce. There was a slice of cheese half melted and rubbery. Ugh. I know we tried it a second time, hoping the first was just bad luck, but it was just as bad. I wish they would improve that place.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Our worst meal was many years ago at Nine Dragons in Epcot. Chunks of fried fatty sesame chicken...
    Haven't been back since, even though they've redone the place, we're not taking any chances.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    Worst meal for us hands down is Sci Fi at HS. Yuck. I wanted so badly to like it because the theme is cool. But the food was yucky. I wish they would improve that place.
    I've tried Sci Fi for lunch, dinner, and just snacks. All three times were awful. The snack was supposed to be ice cream, which we were told they do very well. I think my local Dairy Queen did a better job at half the price.

We tried to order hamburgers one evening and were told they didn't serve them for dinner. I was more than a little shocked that a "Drive-in" would not have hamburgers. They did have red wine on the menu. Not suitable for the grandkids.

Service was AWFUL. We ordered a birthday cake the week before we came down. When they finally brought it out, the cake had flowers on it and was half-frozen (this was for a 7-year-old boy!!)

Won't waste my time on them anymore.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Our worst meal ever was at Mama Melrose's. Everything about it was AWFUL...the wait, the service, the food. We will never eat there again. The best part of the meal was the coke.
    Celeste

17 Visits to WDW as a child
    POR - October 2001 - Honeymoon
    ASMo - June 2007 - with our 3 children
    ASMu - November 2008 -Thanksgiving trip
    POR - February 13-20, 2010
    POR - November 20-26, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

While I've never been crazy about Sci-Fi and only go there for my husband's sake... it's not the worst technical meal i've had at WDW.

Mama Melrose takes the cake on the worst. Our second trip ever to Mama Melrose (what is it with my husband liking bad restaurants?) wasn't as good as the first. While my husband had nothing to complain about, I was harder to please that day apparently. First off, they lost our reservation so they had to reschedule us for a different time. When we got back to the restaurant the bathroom had flooded and water was spilling out into the waiting area. The service all night was lacking. Our server seemed overly busy and not attentive.

My husband liked his food. Me, not so much. I got a caeser salad that was sadly was the best thing I ate that night. Then, I got the flatbread that was supposed to have pepperoni on it (or something like that) but I just got it without the meat. The pizza was gross. The whole entree just seemed off and I don't think meat would have made it taste any better. I tried getting tiramisu to end my meal well but that just seemed like something they got from the Schwann's man. Fairly tasteless.

I really don't plan on going back anytime soon.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

It's a toss up between the Yachtsman Steakhouse (had to extend the trip a day due to getting sick) or Coral Reef.

Third on the list would be Hollywood and Vine for Dinner.

Three of many places we won't be going back to.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

DW and I had a late lunch at The Wave early last year and honestly we enjoyed it very much. Our server was great, food was served promptly, portions were good, food temps were just right, and the entire meal was very tasty.

I'm curious ~~ have any of you who had a bad experience there ever asked to speak to the manager to voice your displeasure? We did so at Sanaa (sp?) in Kidani Village after having terrible service (but the food was good) and the manager listened intently, then "comped" our beverages and desserts.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

When I recovered enough to talk to someone about the Yachtsman, they told me that nobody else reported being sick... Thank you for your call...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'm curious ~~ have any of you who had a bad experience there ever asked to speak to the manager to voice your displeasure? We did so at Sanaa (sp?) in Kidani Village after having terrible service (but the food was good) and the manager listened intently, then "comped" our beverages and desserts.
    No, we didn't. We probably should have, but the GF concierge comped our entire meal, tip and all, because we used our room charge. Like I said, we didn't complain to him at all. We just had a casual conversation with him that even while we had some wine and desserts in the lounge when we asked where we dined that night. He asked how we liked it, and that's when we told him we were terribly disappointed. Told him why, and said that we just considered it a lesson learned, and not to return (hey, bad meals happen).

That's when we disappeared for a minute, then returned to tell us to forget the meal, it was just a bad memory....even the tip.

We've just never had such boring and bland food in our lives. Low quality crab cakes, tasteless filet and fish, and poor service. I am glad there are those who had good experiences, but it's really all relative.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I find this thread interesting...some of you have had truly bad service/meals, but others just say that such and such restaurant is nasty, and is most likely because it's a different kind of food. For example, I don't really like Marrakesh, but it's not because it had bad service or the food was seasoned wrong, etc, etc. It's because I don't like that kind of food. So I don't go there. I don't like German food, so I don't want to go the Biergarten. (We actually went the first time we went to WDW. We didn't know about ADRs, and that was the only place we could get in without a long wait. That should have cued us right there what dinner would be like.)

We have had nothing but great meals at many of the places talked about on this thread, such as the Coral Reef, Hollywood and Vine, O'Hana, etc. I have never tried the Wave, however, and it sounds like it was truly awful.

The only bad meals i've ever had at WDW was the one and only time we've been to the Garden Grill. And it's been so long now, that I don't remember exactly what was bad about it. We will be trying it again this December, though.

I wasn't too thrilled with the jambalaya that I got from Boatwright's this last trip, but what there was wasn't awful. It just wasn't what I expected (and wasn't classic jambalaya). Everyone else in my party had a nice meal, though.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post

Yes, at Whispering Canyon, we had the worst waiter ever. We couldn't leave because he never returned with our room card and bill. I went up, got the manager, asked her to find it because we needed to leave. I had been nice and left him a 15% tip( a lot less than I usually leave). She took it off my bill after I explained that he was too busy with his other tables to even pay attention to us during our meal. I was in tears because I had been looking forward to this meal with all the interaction and it was so disappointing and I was frustrated. The meal was 2 1/2 hours because our waiter couldn't be bothered to get us drinks for 15 minutes and it took forever for him to ever be found for food or a refill.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the worst meal I've had at WDW was at the Italy Pavillion circa May 2001. The worst Italian food I've ever tasted. Having grown up and living in the suburbs of NYC I can safely claim that.

I don't know who owned and ran it at that point or if its gotten better since but the dinner was followed by a trip to the Oddessy bathrooms during Illuminations after

Never had that particular experience before or since in my 20+ trips since childhood. I just steer clear of the entire pavillion since it brings up bad memories and the mere smell just turns my stomach.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!
    One little spark . . .

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: