Quantcast T-Rex Cafe

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: T-Rex Cafe

Post Thanks / Like

Wink T-Rex Cafe

I just saw a little blirb about the T-Rex Cafe and was wondering who has been there and how was it. And where is it also. I am confused about it. It said something about the boardwalk but also DTD.

THanks
    I hope you have some Pixie Dust in every day!
    1st trip - 1970's-Off Site
    2nd trip -Dec 91-Honeymoon - RRI
    3rd Trip - Nov. 2004 - All Star Movie
    4th Trip - Feb 2010 - All Star Sports

God Bless,
    Jennifer

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been there! Also, whoever posted that it was at the Boardwalk is incorrect. T-Rex is located in Downtown Disney.

Here is a review of it I posted about 2 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakin View Post
    The theming and staff were perfect. Not so much the food.

Theming
    WOW!!! We were placed in the ice room and watching it change colors was absolutely amazing! The meteor shower was cool to watch. I loved the baby woolly mammoths and all the other dinosaurs. Very cool! I wish Disney would theme more of their restaurants like this one! WOW!!!

Atmosphere
    A bit louder than I like, but, not so much to bug you. You have to yell in order to talk to the person next to you during the meteor shower.

Staff
    Our waiter was great! Her name was Christina and we enjoyed having her. She was very friendly and new what she was talking about when introducing the menu. Was also quick to give refills and giving the bill. Our food was brought to our table in about 15 to 20 minutes - which is about average timing for restaurants like that. The staff members were all going around and wishing people happy birthday. They all seemed very nice.

Food
    Well......

My mom and I ordered the Tar Pit Fried Shrimp. Mom said it was flavorless but filling and she pretty much spelled out my thoughts.

My sister, Julia, got the Rotisserie Chicken. She loved it! She made sure to eat every last bite. 2 thumbs up!

Dad had a salad as an appetizer and then has Lasagna. He didn't care for either. He ate it all, but he said he didn't want to eat it again.

Value
    Too expensive for what you get.

Rating
    Though, don't let my review alone sway you into eating there or not. Everyone has different experiences, so I would take a check at other peoples' reviews and experiences before making a final decision. Also make sure to check out their menu and menu prices.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a dinosaur themed restaurant in DTD right next to the Lego store. It's pretty cool. VERY loud (especially during the meteor shower). Definitely not the place to carry on a conversation. Food is decent. Pretty much the same as the Rainforest Cafe (owned by the same folks).
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We were there just before Christmas.
    It is in Downtown Disney.
    Very much like a Rainforest Cafe only with Dino's. It is owned by the same company that owns Raniforest.

Inside it was very neat but very loud during "the Meteor Shower".

Our food was good and there was A LOT of it!

My family would recommend it!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVE it. It is so much fun!!!!!! I also crave their chicken salad sandwich on a croissant.OMG so good. I highly recommend going at least once.
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

We went there in December as well. Although noisy, it is very well done!!! we sat in the artic room, which is a little "less noisy" if that's an issue for you. I was not looking forward to this meal because I'm not a big fan of the food at Rainforest Cafe, but the food was GREAT and plentiful. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

In case it matters to your planning, this restuarant is NOT part of the DDP.
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

We all loved our T-Rex dining experience. We had the Mozzarella Appetizer, which had both fried mozzarella and a warm, fresh mozzarella slice. Next up, we had the Lava Tomato Basil Soup, which was fabulously smooth and creamy. The four of us split 2 entrees (HUGE), the kids shared a burger, which they loved, and DH and I shared a yummy, albeit greasy, steak sandwich. We really enjoyed the Meteor Bites dessert, which was warm donut holes served in a "cone" with dipping sauces like caramel.

We thought the restaurant a bit loud, but fun. I reccomend sitting in the "ice cave" if you can so you get a bit of a show with your meal.

Enjoy!

Loyal WDW Fan Since 1983!

Post Thanks / Like

You can Google it. There is a website with pictures and a menu.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there in December, 2009. I had ribs and my husband had the chicken pot pie. Both were excellent.

The atmosphere was what we expected...fun, loud & worth the trip, at least once. We will be going back

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

We've been twice and the first time was right after they opened and second Oct 2009.

Our first visit was a little rocky as far as getting what we ordered and a slightly flaky server. Our meal was served a piece at a time....the app came out, them my DH's dinner, then my dinner.....when we asked about DS's dinner the server looked at me like "what are you talking about?".....um, there is another person at the table that ordered food!! Only when we had fed DS off our own plates did his meal appear - which it was too little too late then! They just needed to get their act cleaned up I thought.

In Oct 2009 we visited again and the service was better, not wonderful though and all our food was delicious.

The portions I think are large. It is a bit expensive. I am generally not a fan of theme chain restaurants when on vaca, but I take one for the team (kids) on this one. It's a fun place and you can walk around to the different "rooms" to check out the dinos. As stated before, it is noisy too! I like T-Rex much better than RFC.

Bottom line......it's ok, but if your kids are into dinos you might want to check it out!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST