Quantcast Acadia National Park

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Acadia National Park

Hey Gang,

My wife and I will be going to Acadia in Maine at the end of August along with some friends (4 of us). Has anyone been there and if so, do you have any suggestions for places to stay? We will be there for 3 nights. Been doing some research and haven't seen anything that has really stood out for us.

Thanks a bunch for any input my friends!!
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love Acadia. You can spend all 3 days in the park and not see all of it. The town, Bar Harbor, is very touristy. So not what we pictured when we went there. We stayed at a small hotel about 3 miles from the entrance. Not sure of the name. We went 6 years ago. They have so many hotels. We prefer Bed and Breakfasts, but we have children now and most do not allow them to stay there. Enjoy the beautiful hiking trails and scenic drives.
    Off-Site 1989
    Carribean Beach 2001
    Port Orleans 2004
    POP Nov 2007
    House Rental for 7 nights/Port Orleans for 5 nights Aug 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky you! It's been about 7 years since we've been to Acadia, but we have wonderful memories of our visits there (we used to live in New Hampshire). We always went the B&B route too and Bar Harbor has some very pretty ones. Recently some friends stayed at the Primrose Inn up there and really liked it. They had a private porch and entrance that overlooked the shaded yard--perfect for enjoying a glass of wine in the evenings. We always preferred to stay in some of the less touristy towns, like Southwest Harbor or Bass Harbor, although I have no idea what lodging is there anymore. But both beautiful areas.

When you go, make sure and eat at one of the local lobster pounds. As far as hiking trails, the Ocean Path offers beautiful views (although it can get a bit crowded on weekends). Park your car at Otter Point at the top of the trail and stroll the length of the trail down to Sand Beach and enjoy the scenery there (a nice place for a picnic but the water is too cold for a swim--at least for us!) Then take the island shuttle back up to your parked car.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Default B&Bs

Hi-I've stayed at the Mira Monte Inn and the Manor House Inn that are in Bar Harbor. Both were very nice. The Manor House Inn has some very cute cottages.

I loved Bar Harbor and Arcadia National Park was awesome. It was one of the best vacations ever!
    Sue

Been to Disney too many times to count.
    POFQ
    Caribbean Beach
    POP
    All Star Music
    All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your thoughts and suggestions, gang!!! We do consider ourselves lucky that we can go to Acadia! We hear so many good things about it, so we're looking forward to it!! Looking forward to crossing another national park of the list!!!!!

I'll look into all the places you guys mentioned!! Thanks a lot!!
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I suggest a B&B located in town. Some B&B' s are a long walk into the center of town, while others can be $$$$. An in town location will allow you to walk to the restaurants and shops.

The Black Friar Inn was outstanding, however it has new inkeepers now. Castle Maine is a larger b&b and is a solid choice, especially if it is your first stay at a b&b. Research several inns to find the best fit.

Acadia is a spectacular park. You will see a lot on the park loop road, but you will need to park and explore some of the trails to maximize your experience. A sea kayak tour is fun as well.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: