Quantcast Carnation Cafe

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Carnation Cafe

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Carnation Cafe

I love this place and haven't been there in quite a while. We were walking down Main Street and walked up to the podium and made an ADR for dinner last night for the same time as the Celebrate Street Party. It was warm enough for the outdoor dining, and I love the atmosphere there.

The food was very good. I had the turkey sandwich(on pretzle bread) with pesto mayo instead of mustard. DD had her mac n cheese. They really cut the portion of that. She was still hungry, so I got her the loaded baked potato soup. That did the trick. We shared a dessert. I am always asking if they have anything sugar free. They did. We shared a piece of chocolate cake. It was made with splenda. OMG.... this was fantastic and soooo rich. I had to ask our server Brenna again if this was sugar free. It didn't taste like it was. It was soooo rich that we couldn't finish it. My DF was the lucky recipient of our left over cake when we got home.

We will definately be returning there again.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You just brought back a fond memory of a lunch we had at this location!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

I love, love, love the Carnation Cafe, especially for breakfast!

Nothing beats sitting there watching the crowds enter DL for the day enjoying the Croissant Benedict! The potatos are super good!

Does anyone know if Oscar is still working there?

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I spoke with Oscar was just over a year ago. He said he was retiring. But, he added after a couple of months of retirement he had been asked to come back on a part-time schedule mainly to meet guests. Although I have not seen him since.
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the informaiton!

Time marches on I suppose, but it will be strange to eat there again and not visit with Oscar!

Do they still have Oscar's Special on the menu?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oscar

My wife and I were there in late Nov and we ate at the Cafe and I believe it was the 20th and we asked about Oscar and the sever told us he was there yesterday and would be back on Monday the 23rd. We met Oscar several years ago and always made the time to visit with him whenever we came, he was always so gracious with his time. We made sure we came back for breakfast on the 23rd and we visited with Oscar for quite a while. I asked him about his retirement as he told us in Nov 08 that he was going to retire. The park did want to keep him and he is or was going to continue work on a part time basis. Disney had some things they wanted him to do as he is such a fixture there, well over 40 yrs. Over the years he told us of many things about the park, he told us he knew Walt personally and used to see him walk the park in the early morning. He said that Mr. Disney was a very gracious man and would stop and talk with the employees. Oscar is a one man history book of Disneyland and someone should make use of the information he has in his head, anyone know a good writer.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: