Quantcast think i'll get treehouse villas?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default think i'll get treehouse villas?

hi all

dh and i are in the process of buying SSR 200pts through resale. if all goes well and disney doesn't invoke ROFR on us, we will close by 4/21/10. we will also have extra points banked from '09.

what are the chances that i'll be able to book treehouse villas for january 2011 if i'm only able to call on 4/21 (or whatever day i close)?

think they will all be booked by then? dh and i are hoping to invite my aunt, uncle, and their three kids to join dh, ds, and me.
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to say. On the plus side you are going for an unpopular time of year and you are outside the 7 month time. On the downside there are not that many treehouses so it doesn't take that much demand for them to be gone.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your pending purchase. We own at SSR and really enjoy staying there (although we have not stayed at the treehouses so will look forward to hearing about your experience).

If you are flexible with your January dates you will have a better chance of getting in. As Mikki has said January is a less busy time . If you can not get any January dates be sure to put yourself on the waitlist. That will keep you in the running in case there is a cancellation and your dates open up.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks! i will definitely let you know how it was if we go! i just think it would be so great to take my aunt/uncle/their kids because they have done DO much for us. and those kids would LOVE the treehouse! as soon as we close in april i'm calling member services! the fact that we want to go in january should help a little hopefully.

besides, i haven't even brought it up with my aunt yet. who knows if they can even go!
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great plan! Your aunt and uncle should be thrilled (even if in the end they can't come this time).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMommie View Post
    Sounds like a great plan! Your aunt and uncle should be thrilled (even if in the end they can't come this time).
    oh yeah! not to mention the kids (who would be 11, 9, and 7 when we go!)! we'd be their heroes.

plus, treehouse villas has 3 bedrooms which would much more comfortably fit all of us. sure, the 2br villas say that they sleep 8 but it would be really cramped!

Post Thanks / Like

and the tree house is the same amount of points as the 2 bedroom at SSR so what a value!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
    thanks! i will definitely let you know how it was if we go! i just think it would be so great to take my aunt/uncle/their kids because they have done DO much for us. and those kids would LOVE the treehouse! as soon as we close in april i'm calling member services! the fact that we want to go in january should help a little hopefully.

besides, i haven't even brought it up with my aunt yet. who knows if they can even go!

First, congratulations on your purchase. I purchased SSR through resale and I very much enjoy the resort!

I did want to let you know, though, that you will not be in the Member Services' computer as soon as your resale closes. It takes about 7-10 days for you to be in their system. While this is a drawback, it is a small one compared to the amount of money you save buying resale.

Even with the wait, you will still be outside the 7 month window, the extra days should not make that big of a difference.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    First, congratulations on your purchase. I purchased SSR through resale and I very much enjoy the resort!

I did want to let you know, though, that you will not be in the Member Services' computer as soon as your resale closes. It takes about 7-10 days for you to be in their system. While this is a drawback, it is a small one compared to the amount of money you save buying resale.

Even with the wait, you will still be outside the 7 month window, the extra days should not make that big of a difference.
    you're right. 7-10 days isn't too much. still, i wish i could try to book it NOW! lol!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Treehouse villas AND LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! We are SSR owners and I believe that not many "remember" the treehouses when they go to reserve their vacations. I think the SSR is the first resort to be "dismissed" by many and forget the treehouses.

We stayed in October. I'll have to go and find my review and post a link to it.... our trip reports were the "Stinky Monkeys swinging from the treehouses" under the trip report section.

for the treehouses!

It is really your own home.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

oooo! thanks jennifer! i really really really hope that we can get it!

i read somewhere that they are REALLY far from the main building with the food court and gift shop. true? also, are they really far from the buses?

still, i want to stay there! after all the food i eat at disney, i could use the walk!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
    oooo! thanks jennifer! i really really really hope that we can get it!

i read somewhere that they are REALLY far from the main building with the food court and gift shop. true? also, are they really far from the buses?

still, i want to stay there! after all the food i eat at disney, i could use the walk!
    We will be staying in a Treehouse in 2 weeks and I would also like to know just how far we will be from everything. How difficult and how long is it to get to the main pool area?

Can't wait!!!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Well, let me tell you... the resort maps that you see online always seem WAY out of scale to me... while things look miles away from each other, you really are just walking around a building ....

with that said, if you have a larger mall around you, and you can walk from one anchor store to another anchr store, you will do fine going from the treehouses to the main carriage house...

Now... location, location location!!!! Put in your request now and again when you do online check in. We had a WONDERFUL location. I got my 2nd request that has become the one we will always get when staying at the Treehouses. Our villa was 7028. We had a wonderful view of the water and boats. No window we had looked into another villa. We were also 2 villas from the bus stop (about a 1 minute walk - if that) and walkway to SSR. Our 1st pick was 7030. The villa is set back from the parking which is great and it is closer to the water and you don't hear or see cars passing... except for the bus when you've missed it!!! This location was so secluded but, easy to walk to the bus stop and the path to the carriage house. It is also fairly close to the treehouse pool.... but, we walked to the SSR pool. There is another pool that you walk passed on your way to the carriage house that was loads of fun for the kids.

We walk at home alot so, walking is nothing for us. We did walk frequently to the main carriage house to refill our mugs... especially with coffee even though we had a coffee maker in the villa. Our morning strolls were DH and I time to slow down and enjoy before the kids got up. I would assume that the time to walk there is about 10 minutes... we however walk at a "vacation" pace, not our speed walking from attraction to attraction or the exercise pace at home.

I have a snapfish photo album of the villas. When I get home tonight (the site is blocked here at work), I'll post some links to the pics.

I'm so excited for you all!!! It is such a great option for DVC!
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the link to our trip report.... http://intercot.com/discussion/searc...archid=2800052

I just realized that I never finished posting my trip reports!!!! I have 5 more days to post!

thanks for bringing this all up for me... great memories to read over and now I have some homework to do!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info. we walk alot too so it's not the distance that's a problem. it's the time it takes to get places. we will only have so much time, you know? i don't want to spend it walking to the bus! lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Can you park by the treehouse villas? If not do they offer golf-cart rentals? I'd love to stay in one, but heard that they are SOOOOO far from everything (according to my SIL).

DVC members since 2006....OKW, HH and BWV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: