Quantcast BRD's DD's pretrip report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default BRD's DD's pretrip report

CM's: Me, DW, DD, and Grandma

DD will be going to WDW this Saturday (3/6). She has no clue we are going. We have even made up the story why grandma is spending the night. Our flight is at 7:30AM and we will be heading to the airport at about 5:30AM. Hopefully we will not need to wake her, but if we do, she will jump right out of bed when we tell her we are going to Disney. We also have an Enchanted Call setup at 6:30AM from Cinderella and Mickey to tell her that they are ready to see her.

A last minute change of plans. We found DVC members that needed to use points. I hoped something would have been available for the entire week, but we were only able to get Animal Kingdom Lodge with a Savanna room at Jambo House for the last 4 nights. So, first 4 nights are at CSR and last 4 nights are at AKL. It will be a blast. I do not mind moving and I like change.

No real plans and we have no clue which park we are going to which day. The only planned day is Thursday March 11. We have 8AM breakfast at Tusker House and 6PM dinner at Boma. No other meals scheduled. We will do QS meals mostly. If we want a sit down meal, we will see what we can get. Since my DW won't be joining us until Tuesday and grandma doesn't stay up insanely late, I get MK EMH on Sunday, mainly for picture taking.

The last two trips we only saw fireworks once, missed most parades. This time, we will see every parade at MK, AK, DHS, and most stage shows. We will see Wishes and Illuminations as well. I will not leave WDW this trip without seeing them or it may be my last trip .

More to come while we are there if I choose to get internet or update through my phone.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Awe! Your DD is going to be sooo excited!!!! I am looking forward to your no ressie trip (even though you do have 2) but that is what I plan on doing on future trips and want to know how you make out
    I'm only thinking about 1 or 2 ressies...kind of tired of having to rush around trying to get from ressie to ressie......not fun for me anymore since we have a DS who is 1.
    Have a wonderful time!! And the switch in the middle of your trip sounds fun as well!!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like I'm reading more and more about folks nixing ADR's in exchange for spontaniety. Sounds like a wonderful time! Enjoy all the shows, parades and fireworks!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I nixed ADRs because I think there is little value to them. The food is getting worse, the perks are going down. and cost going up. I didn't mind paying $25-$30 for LTT dinner with the characters. Remove the characters and it is a $12 meal that still cost $25-$30. The other reason is that I do not like to have to run around to get to them. If I am not planning exactly where I will be, I will be running around to get to ADRs. The two we have are Tusker House because we are doing AK that day and Boma with my wife only. We ate there the last time we were on our honeymoon.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

What a great surprise! Have a wonderful trip!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I must admit - I'm very envious of those of you who can actually keep the secret from your kids until the moment you leave!!! I can't wait to hear what DD's initial reaction is. Way to go Gram for playing along & not spilling the beans!

What a great trip - even though you weren't able to catch AKL all of the nights of your stay, I somehow bet AKL will be the highlight. We'll expect all of the wonderful details upon your return, of course!!!

As a side note, if I could go without all the ADR drama in June/July like you're doing in March, I'd do it in a heartbeat! Thanks, BRD!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

2 days away and DD still has no clue. Unfortunately, dad woke up in the middle of the night with sinus infection. Oh well, I can deal with it. I will get a Z-Pak later this morning and just deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like so much fun, your DD is going to be so excited! Can't wait to read future trip reports!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: