Quantcast How do YOU make your ressies? Phone or online?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do YOU make your ressies? Phone or online?

I have always put in requests over the phone. I did do the online request once but that was over 2 years ago. It seemed like the online reques was ALOT of email back and forth. Has it changed at all?

How do you make your reservations?
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Until the online reservations are 'live' I will make mine by phone.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

I just recently made all of mine online with very little problem at all. There is no e-mail back and forth at all. I just went into the system, input my date, time, and party size, and the system told me what time(s) were available. I chose my time and completed the reservation. I got an e-mail of my confirmation numbers right away. There were 2 that I couldn't make online because of party size - Yak & Yeti and T-Rex. However, we recently added another person and I found it was easier to update by phone because I would have had to rebook and cancel the original ressie online.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Phone! I like instant gratification so I want to know what I have or what I can have if what I want isn't there. I agree- until they are live online reservations I will continue to call.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Usually my travel agent made them for me. But, now we'll be in DVC...so it'll be my first experience doing it myself. I'll probably try online first, and then if it doesn't work out, I'll call. I do like having someone to help me though. Good luck either way.
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

I make all my ressies by phone. I like to speak person to person when doing any type of business.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    I just recently made all of mine online with very little problem at all. There is no e-mail back and forth at all. I just went into the system, input my date, time, and party size, and the system told me what time(s) were available. I chose my time and completed the reservation. I got an e-mail of my confirmation numbers right away. There were 2 that I couldn't make online because of party size - Yak & Yeti and T-Rex. However, we recently added another person and I found it was easier to update by phone because I would have had to rebook and cancel the original ressie online.
    Opps, I should have probably been more specific. I meant, when making DVC reservations, do you use the online request or call Member Services.

I will TOTALLY be using online ADR's since that is up and running (unlike DVC reservations).

Thank you!
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_and_Chris View Post
    Opps, I should have probably been more specific. I meant, when making DVC reservations, do you use the online request or call Member Services.

I will TOTALLY be using online ADR's since that is up and running (unlike DVC reservations).

Thank you!
    Oh, gotcha, the RESORT ressie... Sorry, I'm blonde and didn't look at what category the post was in. Yeah, I'd call there. That e-mail thing hasn't been too much fun and I haven't been the one doing the e-mailing. It's much better to get a direct and instant answer from a live person.

As a side note, this really stinks: We're going in August on with friends on their DVC points. We wanted a treehouse at SSR but they are "unavailable". However, if we were cash-paying customers, a treehouse comes up as an option on the regular resort webpage so they are available, just not to DVC members AT THEIR OWN HOME RESORT!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post

As a side note, this really stinks: We're going in August on with friends on their DVC points. We wanted a treehouse at SSR but they are "unavailable". However, if we were cash-paying customers, a treehouse comes up as an option on the regular resort webpage so they are available, just not to DVC members AT THEIR OWN HOME RESORT!
    Yeah, of course they have to reserve some of the treehouses for cash paying guests. However, there are only a handful of treehouses. The funny thing is that when we went last October, not sure how known they were but, there were many treehouses that were empty. There were alot of people moving in and out mid week. But, I did call for the treehouses on the first day that they were available for booking.

Now though, the word may have gotten out. Are you on the waitlist? We loved, loved, loved the treehouses!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think she waitlisted. We're booked instead into a 2 BR at OKW near Hospitality House. I'm happy with that. We orginally wanted BWV but couldn't get that either. She may have waitlisted that but I'm not sure.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

For DVC reservations? PHONE, no question about it.

But alas, the most recent edition of Disney Files suggests that online reservations should go "live" pretty soon...
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Phone.

I tried doing the email request, but was too impatient. Plus, you just can't beat instant gratification.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    For DVC reservations? PHONE, no question about it.

But alas, the most recent edition of Disney Files suggests that online reservations should go "live" pretty soon...
    I'd love for it to be online. Talk about instant gratification 24/7!

Post Thanks / Like

I make them over the phone it seems everytime I try it online the only places they say are available are OKW & SSR I called a few minutes after getting the e-mail response and some how Magically they always have exactly the room and resort I wanted
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Kathy is right....I did too much emailing back and forth....I have always booked on the phone, booked this one time with email. Won't be doing that again.

On a side note, I did not waitlist for a treehouse, but I will be calling tomorrow to do so!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    On a side note, I did not waitlist for a treehouse, but I will be calling tomorrow to do so!
    Kris, you don't have to waitlist on our account. OKW is fine with me!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

Once I tried online and did not get a response in 3 business days. What I asked for was not available. Since then I always call.

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Been years since I used the online request so after reading this thread I decided to use it again. Put in a request for OKW for Jan 2011 with two different dates. Two days later got a reply that SSR was outside of my booking window and I had to wait. What?
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Post Thanks / Like

Always, over the phone; never over the Net.

The CM's are always so helpful and our conversations seem to always lead to other insights that would not have happened without a live exchange.

For example, we'll be there over the 4th for one day and we really wanted to eat at Le Cellier for dinner. Our exchange lead to the CM locating a reservation for lunch, and a tweak to my orignal plan. She could see the times, where if I was online, I would have had to hunt and peck.

Small things like this can change your whole experience.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98)

2010 - BWV - Valentine's Day
    2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
    2008 - BWV (2)
    2007 - BWV
    2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
    2005 - HH, BWV (2)
    2003 - BWV
    2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
    2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
    2000 - BWV
    1999 - BWV, HH, VB
    1998 - BWV, Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Always call MS. Just today was able to book BWVs (1br) for Oct. during the F&WF and had to tweek our dates and the CM was so helpful. Yup, instant gratification, and then I could book my flight right away.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: