Quantcast Badlands National Park - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple more Black Hills suggestions...if your coming in via the interstate from east to west take the time to stop by the Corn Palace in Mitchell SD (Its a hoot if you enjoy "roadside America" stuff.)

And if you make it to Deadwood...stop by Waterhole Number Nine (not sure if my number is correct) which has Wild Bill's death chair hanging on the wall over the door...its also the place where the summertime re-enactment of his shooting occurs and culminates in a chase of the shooter up the street and a mock trial where the audience help the professional actors by filling out the jury....lots of fun.

ITs a great little vacation area that folks really ought to do at least once.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I took a two week trip from Atlanta, GA out west roughly 8 years ago. Just me, my car, and a tent. Camped one night in the badlands and enjoyed it. Pretty cheap if you don't mind staying in the tent. The Ranger took us on a night walk looking for snakes. We didn't see any since our group was so large.
    It is hot but not unbearable if you have a hat, sunscreen, and plenty of water.
    I asked one of the most stupid questions in my life at Badlands. I was looking for the prarie dog village that was on their park map and couldn't find it. I pulled up to a ranger and asked, "Did you guys move the village" which made him laugh.
    Mt Rusmore is cool but I really enjoyed Devil's Tower as well. You can camp there too.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI-

We found out (as we are planning a trip to the Badlands, Black Hills, Devil's Tower) that the 2010 firework display at Mt. Rushmore on July 3rd has been cancelled due to infestation of Mountain Pine Beetles and concern of wildfires...

I am assuming it means there very well could be a fire ban for the entire area as well then (which makes camping not as fun)...

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you mentioned that! I was just reading about those fireworks in a great travel book on the Black Hills that I picked up from the library. Now I know they won't be happening. Thank you!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: