Quantcast Transportation from SSR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Transportation from SSR

We are heading down in July, and am deciding between OKW and SSR. My main worry is getting around. for the first time in a long time, I will not have a car available to me. I know bus travel takes forever sometimes, especially during the summer, but I was told that getting around from SSR is relatively easy. Can anyone give me some idea of what I am in for? I am used to driving to different resorts and taking the monorails and boats.
    Will I be able to do my normal things? or should I see about renting a car?
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You will be FINE!! Renting a car in my opinion is so unnecessary when staying on property. If you are at SSR (we are DVC owners there), you will be surprised at the efficiency of the buses. There are 3 different "internal" stops wthin SSR. Sounds like alot but, it really isn't. If you are staying at the Treehouses, there is an internal bus that goes from treehouse stops to the SSR carriage house stop - that can add on time. But, if you are not staying at the Treehouses, you will not be impacted by that internal bus line.

When we have stayed at SSR, we have not had to wait more than 15-20 minutes during peak times for any bus to any park. Also, depending on where your room is located, you can easily walk to DTD. There is also a boat to DTD too.

Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of people do not rent cars when going to Disney. Disney makes it very easy! You will be fine.
    1988-2012
    Fort Wilderness
    Old Key West
    Boardwalk Inn
    Polynesian
    Bay Lake Tower
    Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

We stopped renting a car a while back I was costing close to $700 for a car which was money better left in my pocket.

I'm not however impressed with the SSR transportation. Yes, it works, you will eventually get to where you need to go. There are better resorts if transportation is your priority. I've never stayed at OKW, I hear a lot of good opinions on it.

If your only choices are SSR and OKW then you'll just need to deal with the transportation.

Post Thanks / Like

[ If you are at SSR (we are DVC owners there), you will be surprised at the efficiency of the buses.
    Our "home" is there too, but we've never stayed. We usually stay at the Boardwalk, but are coming down with friends and are coming in a Mobile Home.
    Thanks for your help.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."