Quantcast New pin code

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pin code

Post Thanks / Like

Default New pin code

We are coming to Disney in Nov/Dec 2010 and have been hoping for a pin code. Well I got it today and can't really use it. The dates don't work. It is a tiered one= save 20% at values, 25% at mods and 30% at deluxe for room only. I am hoping to get a dining one or the free dining later. But a pin code is a pin code. Just excited to get it. Wanted to let people know it is out there

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What was the dates for the new pin code?
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dates for pin code

Hi, Here are the dates that the pin is good for:2/15-3/27, 4/11-7/1,7/5-10/7, 10/11-11/23 and 11/28-12/16. It is good for quite a lot of dates. Just not mine.

Post Thanks / Like

for you, but for me.
    I hope I get one (never have).

We are going for their Birthday which is in November.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Here is hoping I get that pin code those are the dates I am going. Please send me a pin code, please please please Disney LOL
    1992 DisneyWorld (Contemporary)
    1994 Disneyland

1996 DisneyWorld (CBR)
    2004 DisneyWorld (WL)
    2006 December DisneyWorld (WL)
    2008 November DisneyWorld (WL)
    2010 October-November DisneyWorld(WL)
    2011 November Disneyland Resort- Grand Californian

2015 WL Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Did the pincode mention villas?
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Default pin code

Yes it did say select deluxe resorts and deluxe villas. Hope that helps and you all get the one you want

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pin Codes

How do you get a pin code?? Planning a trip to WDW in early December '10. Looking for all the discounts I can get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angie12210 View Post
    How do you get a pin code?? Planning a trip to WDW in early December '10. Looking for all the discounts I can get.
    Other than making sure you are registered on the Disney site there is no way to get one. Even registering doesn't ensure a pin code. You are not registering for a pin code just as a member of the site.

They are given out by Disney as promotions to individuals and the best any of us here can figure out its mostly random. I have had years when I've gotten none and others when I've had a half a dozen. Just got one a couple of weeks ago but don't know why. Its not useable for us due to tyoes of rooms and times.

So register and then hope they pick you and then that its a pin for a deal you can use.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I got my very first pin code in an email : ) They sent it due to the volunteer GADGADD thing. It is the 20% off values, 25% off moderates and 30% off deluxes. It's not that great, but hey - I got one AND I can use it! I just made my ressie...

Pop here we come this Thanksgiving!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

I got a PIN code in the mail last week. It was for a free QS dining plan when you book at the regular rate. The funny thing is that it was addressed to my babysitter that we took with us 4 years ago. We won't be using it because it is still more cost efficient for us to stay in a villa offsite. We got a PIN offer two years ago with her name and our address, and we were able to use the code. Ordinarily, it can only be used by the person it is addressed to. When I called to use it, I explained that it was sent to our address, but the name was for a babysitter that we brought with us a few years prior. I explained that we had paid for her entire trip, and that she no longer babysat for us. The reservationist allowed me to use the PIN, because it was addressed to our house.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I also received one this week - first one ever for me. However, it had my correct first name, correct address and some off the wall last name. First letter was correct, next four letters-not even close. Luckily I had booked with a bounce back offer, so I didn't need it, but it was still pretty funny, yet so frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

This is great news!!! Now if only I can get one...we are booked for 11/6-11/14....
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

I just received my first pin code today!!! 20% off value, 30% off moderates, 40% off deluxe and Villa's. 4/11-7/1, 7/5-10/7, 10/11-11/23, 11/28-12/16. We booked last week for POFQ 9/24-10/2, so we will use it-but still hoping for free dining.
    Dean

"Scream like a girl" Expedition Everest

Sept. 2005 Caribbean Beach
    Oct... 2005 Animal Kindom Lodge
    Sept. 2006 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2007 All Star Music
    May 2008 All Star Movies
    April 2009 All Star Music
    Sept. 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2012 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

We have gotten several pin codes through the years, but every time we've had one to use when we were actually able to go to WDW, we've been able to get the same or better deal using Magical Journeys without using the pin code. I think most of those "pin-code" discounts eventually become available to the public, just not as soon as they are offered to those who receive them early through postcards or email.

Remember, the point of these discounts is to fill WDW resort rooms. So they will usually offer the same discounts later to the general public to fill up the remainder of rooms they need to sell. If you have booked through MJ, they'll automatically apply those discounts to your booking whenever they become available. You might even get a better discount.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eandrsmom View Post
    I got a PIN code in the mail last week. It was for a free QS dining plan when you book at the regular rate. The funny thing is that it was addressed to my babysitter that we took with us 4 years ago. We won't be using it because it is still more cost efficient for us to stay in a villa offsite. We got a PIN offer two years ago with her name and our address, and we were able to use the code. Ordinarily, it can only be used by the person it is addressed to. When I called to use it, I explained that it was sent to our address, but the name was for a babysitter that we brought with us a few years prior. I explained that we had paid for her entire trip, and that she no longer babysat for us. The reservationist allowed me to use the PIN, because it was addressed to our house.
    We are using the pin code that was sent to our address for a trip this June (free qs dining). It's funny...the same thing happened to us. The card was addressed to a teenage friend of my son's who had joined us on vacation a couple of years ago, but the address was our home address. Again...same thing...I called and explained the situation. I too, said that we had paid for her trip and the pin code was sent to our home and they let me use it. Yay.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the less often you go, the more pin codes you get. I had never gotten any until we had a year or two lapse in our being able to make the trip down. Last year we got at least 10 pin codes but none were for when we were going or were a better deal than we had already gotten. We went in August last year. Now this year we haven't gotten any. That is why I think they do this to get people to come back that haven't been in a while, hince the strange names on some of them. We got one last year with our oldest daughter's name (first married name) and our address and she hasn't had that name in 11 years or lived at our address in a lot longer than that.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you said this, Pixiesmimi. I was wondering if this was the case. It makes sense to send the Pin Codes to people who haven't been to the parks in a while. I also wonder if this, when you call to make a reservation, is the reason why they ask how many times you've visited in the last 5 yrs. Why waste a promotion on someone who'll probably be returning, anyway? I'm sure the marketing department has it all figured out.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I think the less often you go, the more pin codes you get. I had never gotten any until we had a year or two lapse in our being able to make the trip down. Last year we got at least 10 pin codes but none were for when we were going or were a better deal than we had already gotten. We went in August last year. Now this year we haven't gotten any. That is why I think they do this to get people to come back that haven't been in a while, hince the strange names on some of them. We got one last year with our oldest daughter's name (first married name) and our address and she hasn't had that name in 11 years or lived at our address in a lot longer than that.
    I disagree with this, sorry. But I haven't been to the parks in 5 years and that never helped me to get a pin code even though I was registered with the Disney site and everything. I didnt start getting them until after I had a reservation for last year (which I had to cancel). Now I have one again for this year and no pin-codes. I was receiving them almost monthly from last summer to this Feb. I haven't received one since this Feb. But there was always some kind of code with my Disney monthly e-newsletter. The newsletters since Feb have not had any codes. But I kept the Jan letter because I can use that code through Dec if I decide I can afford to go back for a quick trip. Just can't figure it out!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Drat! Just when I thought I had it figured out!
    Nice work, pal.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: