Quantcast A question about yacht club vs. Beach club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb A question about yacht club vs. Beach club

Okay so it looks like we are switching and from looking at pictures I defintely like the Beach club rooms better, but was reading that some rooms are double and some have queens and some have full balcony's and other's have a partial standing room only...If I am upgrading to a deluxe I want to make sure I get the queen beds with full balcony I know I can put this in as a request but see that I would be pretty much guranteed those two things if we chose yacht club...so besides decor which I favor at Beach what is the differeance and which is better between these two hotels...and do you think I would get my request this has me very nervous...

Thanks
    1993-Off-site
    1995/1996-Caribbean Beach
    1997-Dixie Landing
    1998-Caribbean Beach
    1999-Coronado Springs
    2000-Grosvenor
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Caribbean Beach
    2005-POP/Coronado Springs
    2006/2007-POP
    2008/2009-Riverside
    2010 - Beach Club
    2011 - Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the reasons I've stayed over at the YC over the BC is the bus stop. The BC bus stop is much bigger because it is the stop for the regular hotel, and the DVC's BCVs. As a result, it's considerably less crowded at the YC's stop, which is nice.

I also like that there's less mayhem in the lobby at the YC. In the morning, the waiting crowd and noise from Cape May Cafe's character breakfast makes the BC lobby a very active place very early in the morning.

While the YC seems a little more adult....it only seems that way. The YC is just as full of active families enjoying WDW as any other resort is.
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

the differences ive noticed is BC is closer to Epcot and YC seems to be a tad quieter than BC.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

The vast majority of rooms at the BC have queen beds. But the number of rooms that have full balconies is close to 30%. And up to 75% of the requests at the BC include a balcony. So if a full balcony is your most important request, the odds are better at the YC.

I was obsessed over this issue last year, but in retrospect, other things are more important to consider than just a balcony. Being close to Epcot, the RnC and ESPN Club was a priority for me. The BC Marketplace provided a nice selection for morning necessities. And i wanted to be near the quiet pool. Sure, having morning coffee or an evening drink on your own private balcony is nice, but you can enjoy those things at numerous other areas around the resort. The entire week we stayed, i saw only a handfull of people sitting on their balcony. So in reality, it isn't that big of a deal.

Besides more balconies and a masculine decor, the only things the YC offers over the BC is a shorter walk to the boat dock and a somewhat quieter lobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I also just finished wrangling with these issues. Someone who works at the BC who posts on another board even admitted that the building had a strange design where there are some rooms that are smaller than others (hence the double beds instead of queens) and has many bad roof views. Then there's the standing room only balcony issue. For these reasons we had picked the YC for our upcoming trip, but I was still quite worried about the potential for bad views there as well as the long walk to the BC Marketplace from the YC.

Finally, we made a change back to our original resort choice where we don't have to deal with those issues - the Polynesian.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

WSe used to always stay at the GF but on a whim I took the kids myself to Disney and we stayed at BC. We fell in love with everything about it and have stayed there ever since. Going again with just kids and I in June!

The only inconvenience I would say is that it is the second bus stop AFTER it stops at YC and depending on the time of day and year, you can wait for a bus or 2 to go on before you get on one.

Alot of times we will enjoy a morning walk and get on the bus at YC or take a stroll early morning through Epcot and get on the monorail.

Enjoy your trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what view you have booked, but if you want to stay at the BC, I would suggest that you ask for a ground floor room, by the quiet pool. Great location and all the ground floors have a patio. I think the 2nd floor rooms have full balconies in that area as well, so maybe just asking for a low floor would be fine too.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: