Quantcast Epcot-what's best to do first?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot-what's best to do first?

We will be arriving at Epcot around noon on our day there. What's best to do first? Long lines? My girls are 4 and 6 so we will most likely be stickig to seeing characters, countries, Nemo ride, Journey into Imagination, etc. Thanks for any helpful suggestions.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Normally I would say Test Track or Soarin but with girls that young maybe Nemo. Or you could head over to the countries and see some of the princesses!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Soarin is always packed get a fastpass if you want to go on that before they run out. Space ship earth is always a nice start

Post Thanks / Like

i would start with the seas pavilion..and then go from there..if that seems kinda crowd..start with imagination..that never seems to have a line!
    enjoy!!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Without equivocation, I would say Spaceship Earth. When my DS and later, my nephew were your children's ages, this was hands down their favorite WDW attraction. It was a must do whenever we were at Epcot (and some days ended with a trip over to Epcot to ride it before bed). Even after my DS (now 12 yoa) graduated to thrill ride big time, the love for Spaceship Earth remains. If you have not been to Epcot before, it is the first major attraction you will encounter after entering the park. "I" would put it first on my list, unless you really have to get to a FP distribution site to get tix for another must see attraction.

Coming up! WL Villas, August 2 - 9 2013

WL Villas Aug 9-16, 2010
    POR Aug 4-11, 2008
    POR Aug 22-29, 2007
    POR May 4-9, 2007
    POR - May 2006
    POFQ - Dec 2005
    POR - May 2005
    POFQ - May 2004
    OKW - May 2003
    AKL - May 2001
    CBR Annually 1995-1997

Post Thanks / Like

If you're arriving around noon, I'd try to get a Fastpass for Soarin and then checkout the Seas with Nemo and Friends followed by Spaceship Earth. You may not be able to get a Fastpass for Soarin by that time from what I've read, though.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I think Spaceship Earth is nice to do mid-way through the park. Its gives you a nice cool break.
    Next up CBR 10/31-11/8

Keep Moving Forward!!!

Post Thanks / Like

start with spaceship earth and then take your girls to nemo, they'll love that. after that figment is nice and living with the land is a must
    Lifes a witch and then you fly

Post Thanks / Like

Must get a Fastpass for Soarin' before you do anything else if you plan to try to ride it. And, since you'll be in The Land, you might as well ride Living with the Land. Hit The Seas and ride Nemo and then sit in Turtle Talk with Crush. Then let the girls run around in Innoventions, hit Spaceship Earth, etc while waiting for the Fastpass time to roll around.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a girl who is 11 and one 5 and have been many times with girls this age and here is what they love.
    1. Turtle Talk with Crush at least 2 times
    2. Nemo
    3. Figment
    4. Living with the Land
    5. Spaceship Earth
    6. characters around the World Showcase especially princesses

They both love Soarin' but at 4 neither of them were tall enough. If one will be upset that one gets on and the other doesn't would be my only question.
    POFQ Jan 2011
    Saratoga Springs May 2010
    POFQ May 2009 and Sept 2009
    POFQ Aug 2008
    POFQ Sept. and March 2007
    POFQ March 2006
    POFQ March 2005 POR July 2005
    POR Dec 2005
    CS August 2004
    Contemporary & POR May/June 2003
    CB May 2002
    OKW 2001
    Disney villas 2000

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    Soarin is always packed get a fastpass if you want to go on that before they run out. Space ship earth is always a nice start
    I agree. Since Soarin is crowded and very popular, try to get fast pass to Soarin first unless the wait is short for the ride. If it is, then just go on it. I like to do Spaceship Earth first.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crltkcagle View Post
    Normally I would say Test Track or Soarin but with girls that young maybe Nemo. Or you could head over to the countries and see some of the princesses!
    This sounds like a great plan. I suspect the big rides will have long lines by the time you arrive. Go to Living Seas, the Land, and then off to World Showcase. i'm sure you'll find lots of characters there. What fun!

I plan on breaking up Epcot into two days when I go this summer. One day for Future World, another day for World Showcase.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    I plan on breaking up Epcot into two days when I go this summer. One day for Future World, another day for World Showcase.
    This is how we do it every year we go as well. We also have an unspoken tradition that we ride Spaceship Earth first also. We usually arrive around 2:00 in the park on our first day. This year I believe we will venture to The World Showcase after Spaceship Earth.
    Happy Vacation to all!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to do Soarin' I'd head to The Land right away and get a Fast Pass. Be warned, by Noon you'll probably be getting early to late evening Fast Pass times by then.

The kids will love The Seas with Nemo, or Imagination, I'd head to one of those right after getting Fast Passes for Soarin'. Or do Living with the Land since you'll already be in The Land.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

If it were me I'd go straight for a FP for Soarin' then go do Nemo & Turtle Talk with Crush. Most likely your return time for Soarin' will be a good time away so you'll be able to finish that side of FW then head over to the Character Greeting spot that's back by Innoventions West. Depending on your return time for soarin' you can then head over to the other side of FW to do TT, M:S, and UoE.
    Don't forget to check out Innoventions. With girls that age i think they'll enjoy it. The East building is better IMO.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

We went straight to Soarin and then doubled back to Mission Space and while my son was riding I got fastpasses for Test Track....

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I just came back from WDW with a 4 and (almost) 6 year old...boys, though.

These are the things they LOVED:

1. The playground structure set up for the Flower and Garden Festival (if you will be there during this, do NOT underestimate the popularity of this...it was crawling with kids ALL DAY).

2. Spaceship Earth. We rode it 4 times in three days. They LOVED it.

3. Innoventions, particularly the Great Piggybank Adventure.

4. The aquarium part of the Seas pavilion. They HATED the ride. There are some dark/scary parts, and they were both trying to escape that clamshell like their lives depended on it! You can skip the ride, though, and still see the rest of the stuff in the pavilion. They LOVED seeing the fish in the tanks!

5. The Land boat ride. They were very interested in this.

6. The playground at Mission Space. It has tunnels and stuff. I took them there while my DH and his brother rode M:S. So, if someone in your party wants to ride, this is a good place to take the kids. There are also interactive computer games in this area.

7. The Imagination pavilion, minus the ride and the HISTA 3-D movie. They liked the stuff inside the Kodak computer area and LOVED the jumping fountains outside.

8. At night, World Showcase! All the light up toys and stuff, plus the music makes it SO festive and our kids loved it. Not so much during the day.

They would NOT ride Test Track (the loud roar coming from the ride scared both of them). We have Soarin here at home, and my youngest doesn't like it, so we skipped that, although MOST kids like it.

We spent the majority of our time at Epcot. Seas pavilion was always no wait, along with Imagination. Spaceship Earth has VERY long lines until late afternoon/evening. Innoventions was rarely crowded.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Something you may want to try is taking them to "Japan" and walking through their store. It's huge and they have a really cool tank of oysters that people can buy and after a little show done by the cast members receive the pearl in their oyster. I did it and it was one of the coolest experiences of my visit.

Post Thanks / Like

i would try to get a couple fast passes, then see the countries if you can. come backa and go to sea pavilion and cool off. then to imagination. then your fast passes. by that time the park will be slowing down. Do you have park hoppers? if you do i'd plan on hitting fast track, soarin', or any thing like that you didn't see during illumiations, then come back one of your other nights and see illumiations.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: