Quantcast St. Louis trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: St. Louis trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default St. Louis trip

Planning a road trip to St. Louis for a few days. Hope to visit the City Museum and the Arch, of course. Maybe Forest Park and/or the zoo. Anyone have any other tips? Good places to eat with three kids?

Thanks!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You will love St. Louis - my brother has lived there for about 15 years.

Go to Union Station if you will be downtown-lots of places to eat and stores.

The botanical gardens, Busch Gardens and Purina Farms are fun. You have to get tickets for Busch and Purina on their websites but they are free. The gardens are fun to walk around in and they have a beautiful Japanese garden with Koi.

The sculpture park is a good place for kids to run around if the weather is nice. I think that is in Forest Park-but not sure.

We ate on the Hill - italian. Not sure of the name of the places but I can ask my brother if you are interested.

There is a roast beef fast food - I think it is called Kings or the King. I can ask about that one too.

And the zoo is great and free!

Have fun!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Note, I think the previous post means Grant's Farm instead of Busch Gardens.
    Don't miss City Museum.
    Also note that the zoo, art museum, science center and history museum (all in Forest Park) are all free.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that Grant's Farm is closed on Monday's. The park is free but there is a parking fee.

The Zoo gets extremely crowded on weekends. Just like WDW get there early. You can get in before the posted opening hours. The zoo is free, but parking is $11. If you arrive early, there is free street parking. The Children's Zoo is $4, but it also is free for the first hour the zoo is open.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

My wife is from St. Louis and I've been there about 100 times. Cardinal games are awesome even for neutral fans. But if you had to choose one thing to do in St. Louis with 3 kids, I would strongly recommend the Science Center. It is awesome. And if you want a great place to eat, try the Sidney Street Cafe. Kids may not enjoy it as much but they probably have kids meals. You and spouse will love it.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

There's a great Vietnamese place on South Grand called Pho Grand. It's yummy and cheap.

Olympia Kebob House & Taverna at‎1543 McCausland Avenue has good gyros.

Pappy's Smokehouse at 3106 Olive Street has exceptional BBQ in a town that has a whole host of award-winning BBQ places.

If you can take a road trip Fast Eddie's Bon-Air, 1530 East 4th Street, Alton, IL is a roadhouse/bar in nearby Alton that was featured on one of Alton Brown's shows. It's roadhouse food, not gourmet.

Ted Drewes frozen custard is a St. Louis institution.

My favorite sushi place is Wasabi on Washington Avenue:

My co-workers highly recommend Lucas Park Grill for steak:

I really like Sen for Thai food:
    Last edited by NJGIRL; 04-07-2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: outside website not allowed

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

When my kids were younger, The Magic House was an absolute must! It has a lot of interactive fun for the kids. I believe you can google coupons for it too, but I may be mistaken.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC