Quantcast Myrtle Beach

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Myrtle Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Default Myrtle Beach

Ok, so DH has decided that instead of going to WDW for his two week leave from Iraq this summer he'd like to go to the beach. We choose Myrtle Beach because he used to visit there often, but hasn't been in over 15 years. His brother also lives nearby and we'd get to spend some time with him and his family, which we don't get to do very often. I've been looking at resorts and hotels and there are soooooo many. Does anyone have any suggestions? We'd like something that has a bedroom, living space, and a kitchen. A clean resort and room is way up there on our list of must haves. It would be great for our kids, 10 and 8 to have a fun pool. I've seen some with lazy rivers, splash areas, but a pool slide would be nice too. So I guess what I'm looking for is a nice location, with clean rooms, and a nice pool. A gym, activities for kids and a nice on site restuarant would all be great as well. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter was just there with her boyfriend and his mother & brother. I don't recall where they stayed but she said it was awsome (like an upscale apartment). The kitchen area had granite countertops, seperate living area. I'll pm you once I talk to her, hopefully she'll remember the name of the resort.

Post Thanks / Like

roxanne towers or bayview resort
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

We have been alternating WDW with Myrtle Beach for a few years now & we love those beach trips! We've stayed at The Breakers Resort twice in the past 4 years & we love it! We have gotten 2 different units from VRBO, both @ The Breakers. You can search the Resort & also search for images & The Breakers has a decent website with pix of amenites. All ocean front units, & there is a wide variety of room choices, anything from your standard room to 4 bedroom units. We particularly liked the first unit we stayed in (in the Paradise Tower) & have recommended this one to friends visiting MB this year. A wonderful family owns the unit, very clean, seperate one bedroom with 2 queen beds, nice size bathroom, galley style kitchen, sofa bed, murphy bed & private balcony over looking the pool area, the beach & the ocean!

Very nice resort layout and very clean gounds. I think there are 5 buildings all in a row, all ocean front, each has pools, ( most have indoor & outdoor), HUGE lazy river with indoor & outdoor loops, several hot tubs and a very nice Pirate Ship - kids splash pool, all overlooking the ocean! Parking garage across the street & walking distance to shops, restaurants & putt putt! If you are interested, you can PM me & I'd be ever so happy to share more info with you! We really enjoy this resort, the amenities there & the location, I'd recommend the Breakers to anyone!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Breakers Resort as well when we went to Myrtle Beach for the first time 2 yrs. ago. We also stayed in the Paradise Tower. I read a lot of reviews, and that was definitely the building of choice. We were pleased, it was a great hotel and location! My boys loved the lazy river, and I loved the Starbucks and ice cream store across the street! We had a room with 2 queen beds, and the other room had a living room of sorts, with a pull down bed. A kitchen divided the two. It was great! Not sure how it compares with other hotels, but it was perfect for us! Don't forget Broadway at the Beach- fun shopping and restaurants, and Magiquest, which my boys LOVED! They still have the wands. There is also a Ripleys aquarium there, which is nice. Have fun, it's a great place!
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kingston Plantation

The Kingston Plantation is the absolute BEST! It can be pricy but it has two towers of condos ocean front and some houses too. It has several pools with a band most nights by the pool and a pool bar. It has an Omaha Steaks and atleast one more resturant maybe more. It is a RESORT! You have plenty to do even if you don't leave the property. Google it if you like I think you will be impressed. Have a great time! My husband is coming home from Iraq in 2 weeks!!! (for good I hope)
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

by the way they offer military discounts just call don't book online! I am sure you know to ask no matter where you stay!
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deedeenmickey View Post
    by the way they offer military discounts just call don't book online! I am sure you know to ask no matter where you stay!
    Hahaha, that's right! We ask for military discount EVERYWHERE! You'd be shocked at the places that have great military discounts. Is this your DH's first deployment? My DH is on his second and I hope its his last. He can retire in 6 years so hopefully he can get by without another deployment. Good luck to you and your hubby!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with that 6 years is a long time and no this is his 4th deployment! Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq and Iraq again! He loves it though! I love military discounts!!! I ask a lot too but hotels almost always have them! I hope you have a great time in Myrtle Beach! I love it there too! We try to fit in a trip every summer even if it is just a few days!
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deedeenmickey View Post
    Good luck with that 6 years is a long time and no this is his 4th deployment! Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq and Iraq again! He loves it though! I love military discounts!!! I ask a lot too but hotels almost always have them! I hope you have a great time in Myrtle Beach! I love it there too! We try to fit in a trip every summer even if it is just a few days!
    Oh wow, your hubby's been busy. Mine has done smaller assignments; one to Belize, years and years ago, and then Thialand a few years ago. This is his second long deployment, both to Iraq. He got out for about 4 years and then got back in to become an officer. If he hadn't ever got out he'd be almost retired by now. My DH loves it too, and, like you, I can't complain about the military discounts. At least we get that, right??? Good luck to you guys and enjoy having your family back together again. I checked out Kingston Plantations and it looks amazing. There are so many options in Myrtle Beach, it gets confusing.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in Dunes Village Resort and loved it! They have from studios to 3 bedrooms and 2 indoor waterparks plus the pools and lazy rivers outside. Very nice, safe area and the hotel is only 4 years old or so.
    Everybody has a Laughing Place, a Laughing Place to go oh oh. Take that frown and turn it upside down, and you'll find yours we know oh oh.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: